The most effective way to find cheaper auto insurance rates is to compare prices annually from providers who sell auto insurance in Oklahoma City. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Learn about car insurance and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that increase rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverage information on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This guarantees a level playing field and the best price quote selection.
It’s an obvious conclusion that insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Consumers who shop around will, in all likelihood, switch car insurance companies because of the high probability of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent car insurance study revealed that drivers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved an average of $850 each year compared to policyholders who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the lowest price on Chevy Uplander insurance is your intention, then knowing how to find and compare insurance premiums can help you succeed in saving money.
Discounts for cheap insurance quotes
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list all their discounts very well, so the list below contains some of the best known as well as the least known discounts that may be available. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, you may be paying too high a price.
- College Student – Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you may earn nearly 15% which can help you find cheap Uplander insurance.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Full Payment Discount – By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few companies offer discounts for switching to them before your current coverage expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Telematics Data – Drivers who elect to allow companies to scrutinize vehicle usage remotely such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could see a rate decrease if they show good driving skills.
You can save money using discounts, but some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts should help reduce the cost of your policy.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- SAFECO offers discounts including bundle discounts, safe driver, multi-car, accident prevention training, and anti-lock brakes.
- American Family may include discounts for early bird, mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, defensive driver, and good student.
- MetLife includes discounts for defensive driver, accident-free, good student, claim-free, and good driver.
- GEICO has savings for air bags, federal employee, daytime running lights, military active duty, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, and emergency military deployment.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for bundle, good student, air bag, vehicle fuel type, and defensive driver.
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company the best way to save money. Discounts might not be offered on policies in your state.
Compare Oklahoma City Chevy Uplander insurance quotes
Most larger insurance companies make it easy to get price estimates online. This process can be done by anyone because you just enter your coverage preferences into a form. When complete, the system automatically orders credit information and your driving record and quotes a price based on these factors.
Quoting online for Chevy Uplander insurance in Oklahoma City makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s also necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for affordable prices.
If you want to find out how much you can save on auto insurance, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you complete the form with the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. This way, you are getting rate comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Oklahoma. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
When quoting and comparing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are unique to you so this has to be addressed.
For instance, these questions can help discover if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Chevy Uplander?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Exclusive or independent car insurance agents
Certain consumers would rather buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The best thing about comparing auto insurance online is that drivers can save money and get better rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the quote information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Oklahoma City who will give you quotes for your business. You never need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent to you. You can find better rates without having to waste a lot of time. In the event you want to quote rates from one company in particular, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best provider should depend on more than just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
Car insurance agents in Oklahoma City come in two varieties
If you want to use a reliable insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies that you can choose from. Agents are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are Allstate and State Farm. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are well trained on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents mostly because of high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Oklahoma City that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Gerald Jeter
11723 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73170 – (405) 692-2411 – View Map
- Mike Earles – State Farm Insurance Agent
12220 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73170 – (405) 691-1115 – View Map
- Tom Woodward – State Farm Insurance Agent
4401 W Memorial Rd #115 – Oklahoma City, OK 73134 – (405) 755-5958 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent can sell policies from many different companies so they have the ability to put coverage through many different auto insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally and that require little work on your part. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we highly recommend that you compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection. Most independent agents also contract with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which could offer lower prices.
Shown below are independent agents in Oklahoma City that are able to give price quotes.
- Shelton Agency
6401 NW Expressway # 100B – Oklahoma City, OK 73132 – (405) 384-1518 – View Map
- State Auto Insurance
4030 NW 10th St – Oklahoma City, OK 73107 – (405) 943-5575 – View Map
- Perimeter Insurance
4200 Perimeter Center Dr – Oklahoma City, OK 73112 – (405) 778-8880 – View Map
After receiving good feedback to any questions you have as well as a affordable price, you may have found an auto insurance agent that meets the requirements to service your policy. It’s important to know that consumers can terminate your policy any time you want so don’t think that you are obligated to any specific company indefinitely.
Affordable car insurance premiums are out there
When shopping online for car insurance, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to lower your Chevy Uplander insurance premium rates in Oklahoma City. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Chevrolet Uplander rate quotes. Consumers may even find the best premium rates are with an unexpected company. Regional companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Additional information can be read below:
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Felons in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)