Do you want to save money by finding lower-priced Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Oklahoma City? Trying to find low-cost insurance for a new or used Volkswagen Golf SportWagen in Oklahoma can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can follow our car insurance buying tips to save time.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for car insurance and you need to know the proper way to compare rates for your Volkswagen and locate the cheapest rates.
It is always a good idea to shop coverage around before your policy renews because car insurance prices change frequently. Even if you got the best rates on Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Oklahoma City at your last renewal you can probably find a better premium rate now. There is a lot of bad information regarding Golf SportWagen insurance online but you can learn some of the best ways to lower your car insurance rates in Oklahoma City.
Finding quotes for the cheapest protection in Oklahoma City is not as difficult as people think. If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, use these techniques to find the best rates and still get good coverage. Smart buyers only need an understanding of the most effective way to get comparison quotes online from multiple companies.
The best way we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to know auto insurance companies pay for the opportunity to provide you with a free rate quote. All consumers are required to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details like level of coverage desired, whether you are married, the ages of drivers, and whether you drive to work or school. Those rating factors is instantly submitted to multiple top-rated companies and they return cost estimate very quickly.
To start a quote now, click here and enter your zip code.
The following companies can provide comparison quotes in Oklahoma. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Volkswagen Golf SportWagen in Oklahoma City, maintaining insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Volkswagen at a much higher rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Car insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average driver in Oklahoma overpays more than $820 a year so you should quote and compare rates every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Car insurance companies do not advertise every discount they offer very well, so the below list has a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on insurance.
- No Claims – Oklahoma City drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more on Golf SportWagen insurance in Oklahoma City.
- Defensive Driver – Passing a safe driver course could earn you a small percentage discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies and place coverage with the same company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Oklahoma City car insurance with a few insurance companies.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Multiple Cars – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars on the same insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a new Golf SportWagen can cost up to 25% less since newer models are generally safer.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
Some companies that possibly offer most of these discounts may include but are not limited to:
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company how you can save money. Some discounts listed above may not be available in your area. To locate insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Oklahoma City, click this link.
Local Oklahoma City insurance agents and insurance
Many drivers just prefer to buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that Professional agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get lower car insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is important especially in Oklahoma City.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance data is sent to insurance agents in Oklahoma City that can give you free Oklahoma City car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent directly to your email. If you have a need to get a price quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you would like to find a reliable agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents to choose from. Oklahoma City agents can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can do a good job, but it’s important to know the difference in how they write coverage because it can factor into the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured. When shopping rates, it’s recommended you compare quotes from at least one independent agent to get the best comparison. A lot of them also have access to mutual insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Oklahoma City who may provide pricing information.
- Dan Ryan Insurance
6300 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73139 – (405) 631-6300 – View Map
- Insurance Center Agency Inc
Union Plaza, 5600 N May Ave #300 – Oklahoma City, OK 73112 – (405) 843-0793 – View Map
- Russ Warren Insurance Agency
3431 NW 36th St – Oklahoma City, OK 73112 – (405) 947-6745 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some consumers prefer to choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of high brand loyalty rather than having low rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Oklahoma City that can give you price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Ciani Portillo
3200 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73109 – (405) 635-1212 – View Map
- Claire Faulkner-Truong – State Farm Insurance Agent
840 NW 50th St – Oklahoma City, OK 73118 – (405) 787-2626 – View Map
- Ed Dater – State Farm Insurance Agent
6700 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73139 – (405) 634-0504 – View Map
Deciding on an insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Any good agent in Oklahoma City should know the answers to these questions.
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Where are claims handled?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
Once you have received satisfactory answers to any questions you may have and an acceptable price quote, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that meets your needs to properly service your insurance policy. Just be aware that you are entitled to terminate coverage whenever you choose to so don’t think you are locked into any specific agency indefinitely.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When quoting and comparing proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether you will benefit from professional help.
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- How high should deductibles be on a Volkswagen Golf SportWagen?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Best car insurance in Oklahoma
Choosing the highest-rated company can be rather challenging considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Oklahoma. The rank data below could help you analyze which companies to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Smart consumers save more
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, an insured cut physical damage coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost.
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to reduce Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance prices online in Oklahoma City. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Oklahoma City car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best price on insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.
Cheap Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Oklahoma City can be purchased online and also from your neighborhood Oklahoma City agents, so you need to shop Oklahoma City car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
Steps to finding low-cost Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Oklahoma City
The best way to get the cheapest Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Oklahoma City is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers in Oklahoma.
- Try to learn a little about how your policy works and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like accidents, careless driving, and a not-so-good credit rating can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple insurance companies. Select a company
- Compare the price quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate in Oklahoma City. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Notify your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new agent or company. As soon as coverage is bound, safely store the certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A key point to remember is to make sure you enter similar coverage information on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
To read more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Corolla in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Ford Explorer in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)