Really, the only way to get cheaper Subaru Crosstrek insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from insurers who sell insurance in Oklahoma City.
- Read about auto insurance and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many things that result in higher prices such as getting speeding tickets and an unacceptable credit history can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article provides more details to get cheaper coverage and earn larger discounts.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices for many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new insurer. Once received, store the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
It’s hard to fathom, but nearly 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never shopped around. The average driver in Oklahoma City could pocket about $550 a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t believe how much savings they would realize if they switched to a more affordable policy.
The purpose of this post is to introduce you to how to get online quotes and how you can save the most money. If you have insurance now, you should be able to find the best rates using the ideas you’re about to read. But Oklahoma consumers must understand how big insurance companies determine prices.
These discounts can lower your insurance rates
Auto insurance companies do not advertise every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list a few of the more common and the more hidden insurance savings.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Being a homeowner can save you money because it requires personal responsibility.
- Professional Memberships – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings on your policy.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting coverage on a new Crosstrek may earn a small discount due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Smart Student Discounts – Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Theft Deterrent – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount should definitely cut the cost of your policy.
To locate insurance companies with the best Subaru Crosstrek insurance discounts in Oklahoma City in Oklahoma City, click here.
How to compare free Oklahoma City Subaru Crosstrek insurance rate quotes
Most companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive give coverage price quotes online. The process is pretty painless as you just type in your required coverages as detailed in the form. When the form is submitted, the system will obtain your credit score and driving record and provides a quote.
Using the web to get quotes for Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Oklahoma City simplifies rate comparisons, and it is important to compare as many rates as possible in order to find cheaper auto insurance pricing.
In order to compare rates using this form now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend that you enter deductibles and limits as close as possible to your current policy. This makes sure you are getting comparison quotes based on similar coverages.
The following companies are our best choices to provide quotes in Oklahoma City, OK. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the cheapest price.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Can’t I get rate quotes from local Oklahoma City insurance agencies?
Many people still prefer to go talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision The best thing about price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still have a local agent. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Oklahoma City.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Oklahoma City who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, you would need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
How to choose the best car insurance agent in Oklahoma City
When researching a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not locked into one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you include at least one independent agent for the best price selection. Many write coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that many times have cheaper rates.
Featured below is a short list of independent agencies in Oklahoma City that can give you cheap rate quotes.
- Multi Quote Insurance
2101 SW 71st St – Oklahoma City, OK 73159 – (405) 604-5999 – View Map
- Russ Warren Insurance Agency
3431 NW 36th St – Oklahoma City, OK 73112 – (405) 947-6745 – View Map
- Shelton Agency
6401 NW Expressway # 100B – Oklahoma City, OK 73132 – (405) 384-1518 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers sometimes buy from exclusive agents mainly due to high brand loyalty rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Oklahoma City that can give you rate quotes.
- Shelter Insurance – Paul Michael
8320 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73139 – (405) 632-2751 – View Map
- Mike Earles – State Farm Insurance Agent
12220 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73170 – (405) 691-1115 – View Map
- Mai McCoy – State Farm Insurance Agent
2800 N Classen Blvd #105 – Oklahoma City, OK 73106 – (405) 524-3327 – View Map
Deciding on an car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Does the company have a local claim office in Oklahoma City?
- If they are an independent agency in Oklahoma City, which companies do they recommend?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Oklahoma City?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
More effort can pay off
As you quote Oklahoma City car insurance, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
You just read a lot of tips how to save on Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Oklahoma City. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Consumers switch companies for a variety of reasons including high prices, lack of trust in their agent, denial of a claim or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company is actually quite simple.
Even more information is available in the articles below:
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Oklahoma City Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- How Much are Oklahoma City Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Young Drivers in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Active Military in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)