Unbelievable but true, almost 70% of insureds in Oklahoma kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and just under half have never compared rates with other companies. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,847, U.S. drivers can cut their rates by roughly 47% a year just by comparing rates, but they feel it’s too difficult to find lower-cost insurance by shopping around.
The easiest way to get more affordable auto insurance rates in Oklahoma City is to do a yearly price comparison from providers in Oklahoma. This can be done by following these steps.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that increase rates such as speeding and a low credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for instructions to find cheap prices and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from many different companies. View a list of agents
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Oklahoma City. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Tell your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to the newly selected company. Immediately upon receiving it, place your new certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to make sure you enter the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to get rate quotes from every company you can. This provides a level playing field and the best price selection.
Companies offering Saturn Ion insurance in Oklahoma City
The car insurance companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Oklahoma City, OK. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Don’t neglect these discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of a few of the more common and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Oklahoma City auto insurance online.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers that enable driving data collection to analyze when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
- Distant Student – Children who live away from home at college and do not have a car could get you a discount.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Passive Restraints – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- Travelers includes discounts for home ownership, hybrid/electric vehicle, multi-car, driver training, IntelliDrive, and continuous insurance.
- 21st Century has savings for air bags, early bird, student driver, anti-lock brakes, driver training, 55 and older, and homeowners.
- State Farm discounts include accident-free, multiple autos, multiple policy, passive restraint, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, and good student.
- GEICO may offer discounts for federal employee, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, military active duty, and defensive driver.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for safe driver, accident prevention training, homeowner, anti-theft, bundle discounts, and teen safe driver.
- AAA may include discounts for good student, AAA membership discount, good driver, multi-policy, multi-car, anti-theft, and pay-in-full.
When getting free Oklahoma City auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Discounts might not be offered on policies in Oklahoma City. To see a list of companies that offer discounts in Oklahoma, click this link.
When to talk to a local insurance agent
Many people would rather sit down with an agent and that can be a great decision Experienced insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is you may find lower rates but also keep your business local. Buying from neighborhood agents is especially important in Oklahoma City.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the quote information is sent to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact an agency because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Shown below is a short list of car insurance companies in Oklahoma City that can give you comparison quotes for Saturn Ion insurance in Oklahoma City.
Jim Hoffhines – State Farm Insurance Agent
3838 NW 36th St #160 – Oklahoma City, OK 73112 – (405) 948-8881 – View Map
Choosing the best insurer shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
After getting acceptable answers to all your questions and locked in a price quote, most likely you have located a company that meets the criteria to service your policy.
Best auto insurance company in Oklahoma
Picking the best car insurance company is difficult considering how many different companies sell coverage in Oklahoma City. The ranking information in the next section may help you decide which providers you want to consider when shopping around.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Persistence is the key to affordable rates
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to find cheap Saturn Ion insurance in Oklahoma City. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Oklahoma City auto insurance quotes. You may even find the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
When searching for inexpensive Oklahoma City auto insurance quotes, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Oklahoma City is possible on the web and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote Oklahoma City auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who may not provide price quotes online and usually these regional carriers only sell through independent insurance agencies.
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Car Insurance Quotes for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Teenage Females in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Immigrants in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Infrequent Drivers in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)