Truthfully, the best way to get discount auto insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies who provide auto insurance in Oklahoma City.
- First, try to learn a little about individual coverages and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as traffic citations and a negative credit history can be remedied by paying attention to minor details. Later in this article we will cover more details to prevent rate hikes and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Second, request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple companies. Find an Oklahoma City insurance agent
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new carrier. Be sure to put the proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The key aspect of shopping around is to try to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get prices from as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Anyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want you shop around. People who compare other prices will most likely switch companies because there is a good probability of finding lower rate quotes. A recent car insurance study discovered that people who compared rates once a year saved $860 a year compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding low prices for car insurance in Oklahoma City is the reason you’re here, then learning a little about how to quote and compare auto insurance can make the process more efficient.
Locating the best rates in Oklahoma City is not that difficult. If you have insurance now, you will definitely be able to save money using this strategy. Nevertheless, Oklahoma vehicle owners must know the way insurance companies charge you for coverage and take advantage of how the system works.
To find the cheapest Mazda CX-5 rate quotes, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from all the different companies. The fastest way to lower the rate you pay for Mazda CX-5 insurance is to jump online and get quotes.
Getting price quotes online is very simple and it makes it obsolete to physically go to local insurance agencies. Comparing Mazda CX-5 insurance rate quotes online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you prefer the advice and guidance that only an agent can give. It is possible with some companies find lower rates online and have a local agent actually service the policy.
Keep in mind that more quotes helps improve the odds of finding lower pricing.
The following companies are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Oklahoma City, OK. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
Cheaper rates with these discounts on Mazda CX-5 insurance in Oklahoma City
Some providers don’t always advertise every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find a few of the more common and the more hidden credits available to you.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Teen drivers should successfully complete driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with cheaper premium rates.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will reduce your policy cost.
If you would like to choose from a list of companies who offer discounts in Oklahoma City, click here to view.
Neighborhood Oklahoma City auto insurance agents
Certain consumers just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a smart decision One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance rates and also buy local.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Oklahoma City that can give you free Oklahoma City auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to find an agent since price quotes are sent to your email. You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Selecting a company should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- How long has their agency been open in Oklahoma City?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- How are claims handled?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- How many companies do they write for?
Upon receiving good answers to any questions you have and locked in a price quote, you’ve probably found an insurer that will properly service your insurance policy.
What Determines Mazda CX-5 Insurance Prices?
Many factors are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but other factors are less apparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
- Don’t skimp on liability – Liability coverage provides coverage if a court rules you are at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
- Improve your credit rating – Your credit rating is likely to be a major factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Therefore, if your credit history is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your Mazda CX-5 by spending a little time repairing your credit. Drivers who have very good credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have worse credit.
- Bad drivers pay high costs – Even one ticket may cause rates to rise by as much as thirty percent. Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers with careless violations such as reckless driving or DUI may find they need to maintain a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- Always keep your coverage in place – Driving without insurance is a misdemeanor and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you a steep fine or even jail time.
- Is you employer costing you more? – Careers like military personnel, social workers, and stock brokers tend to have higher average rates in part from job stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, careers like scientists, athletes and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
Mazda CX-5 historical loss data – Insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles to help determine rates. Models that the data shows to have high amounts or severity of claims will have increased rates. The table below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Mazda CX-5 vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is set at 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Mazda CX-5 Models Specific Mazda Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mazda CX-5 4dr 2WD 66 88 85 79 83 76 Mazda CX-5 4dr 4WD 71 83 102 79 74 72BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Mazda CX-5 insurance, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
First, most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to be legal. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a lienholder, almost all lenders will require you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Mazda at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your Mazda CX-5 but also your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average driver in Oklahoma is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so compare rate quotes at every renewal to save money.
One last note
We just presented a lot of information how to shop for Mazda CX-5 insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies may have significantly lower car insurance rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
When shopping online for auto insurance, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
To read more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Toyota Camry in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Business Use in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)