We don't have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies don't want policyholders to shop around. Drivers who get price quotes annually are inclined to buy a new policy because there is a good chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A survey found that drivers who routinely shopped around saved an average of $865 a year compared to other drivers who never compared prices.
If finding discount rates on Ford F-150 insurance is your objective, then having a good understanding how to get rate quotes and compare insurance can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get affordable Ford F-150 insurance is to regularly compare quotes from different companies in Oklahoma City. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
First, get an understanding of how car insurance works and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many things that cause rate increases like speeding tickets, accidents and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Continue reading for tips to get better rates and find missing discounts.
Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to remember is that you'll want to compare the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many different companies as possible. This guarantees a level playing field and plenty of rates choose from.
Insurance rate breakdown
The data table displayed below highlights detailed analysis of insurance prices for Ford F-150 models. Having a better idea how premiums are figured can aid in making smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$290||$424||$584||$34||$174||$1,506||$126|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$290||$542||$584||$34||$174||$1,624||$135|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$290||$542||$584||$34||$174||$1,624||$135|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$290||$542||$584||$34||$174||$1,624||$135|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$290||$542||$584||$34||$174||$1,624||$135|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$332||$542||$584||$34||$174||$1,666||$139|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$332||$542||$584||$34||$174||$1,666||$139|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$332||$542||$584||$34||$174||$1,666||$139|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$332||$542||$584||$34||$174||$1,666||$139|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$332||$542||$584||$34||$174||$1,666||$139|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$332||$542||$584||$34||$174||$1,666||$139|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$332||$542||$584||$34||$174||$1,666||$139|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$332||$542||$584||$34||$174||$1,666||$139|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$376||$542||$584||$34||$174||$1,710||$143|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$376||$542||$584||$34||$174||$1,710||$143|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$376||$542||$584||$34||$174||$1,710||$143|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$376||$660||$584||$34||$174||$1,828||$152|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$376||$660||$584||$34||$174||$1,828||$152|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$376||$660||$584||$34||$174||$1,828||$152|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$376||$660||$584||$34||$174||$1,828||$152|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$376||$660||$584||$34||$174||$1,828||$152|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$376||$660||$584||$34||$174||$1,828||$152|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$376||$660||$584||$34||$174||$1,828||$152|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$376||$660||$584||$34||$174||$1,828||$152|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$376||$660||$584||$34||$174||$1,828||$152|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$376||$778||$584||$34||$174||$1,946||$162|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$376||$778||$584||$34||$174||$1,946||$162|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$376||$778||$584||$34||$174||$1,946||$162|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$418||$778||$584||$34||$174||$1,988||$166|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$418||$778||$584||$34||$174||$1,988||$166|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$418||$778||$584||$34||$174||$1,988||$166|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can revise auto insurance rates substantially.
The example below shows how different deductible levels and can influence Ford F-150 annual premium costs for each different age category. Data assumes a single female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Ford F-150 premium costs with full coverage and liability only. The premiums assume no accidents, no driving violations, $250 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no set guideline of when to exclude physical damage coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's say your Ford F-150 replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after you pay the deductible. If it's costing in excess of $800 annually for physical damage coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are a few situations where removing full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
How You Can Control Ford F-150 Insurance Premiums
Many different elements are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but other factors are not quite as obvious like where you live or your financial responsibility. Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find lower insurance prices.
- Cut premiums and deter theft - Selecting a car model with an alarm system can get you a discount on your insurance. Theft prevention features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help stop auto theft.
- Bad credit hurts insurance costs - A driver's credit score will be a significant factor in calculating your insurance rates. People with high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers with lower ratings. So if your credit score is low, you could save money insuring your Ford F-150 by repairing your credit.
Careless driving means higher rates - Only having one speeding ticket can increase rates by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who don't get tickets pay less for auto insurance as compared to those with violations. Drivers who have received multiple violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find they need to maintain a SR-22 with their state in order to continue driving.
The example below illustrates how traffic citations and fender-benders can impact Ford F-150 premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The prices are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
- Drive less and get lower premiums - The higher the miles on your Ford in a year's time the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most companies charge to insure your cars based upon how much you drive. Autos that are left in the garage qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. It's always a good idea to double check that your vehicle rating properly reflects the correct driver usage. Having the wrong rating on your F-150 can cost quite a bit.
- Protect yourself with liability coverage - Your policy's liability coverage will provide protection when you are determined to be liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your policy's liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
Are you male or female? - The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean females are better drivers. Both sexes cause fender benders in similar numbers, but males have costlier accidents. They also get higher numbers of serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Male teenagers generally have the highest accident percentage so they pay the highest premiums.
The information below illustrates the difference between Ford F-150 car insurance rates for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Physical damage deductibles - The deductibles you choose represent how much money you are required to pay in the event of a claim. Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be rear-ending another vehicle, hail damage, and damage from wind. The more money you're willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Lower rates for vehicles with better crash test results - Vehicles that have high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less claims paid which can mean better rates for you. If the Ford F-150 scored at minimum an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may cost less to insure.
Insurance loss probability for a Ford F-150 - Insurance companies analyze the history of losses as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that tend to have higher loss trends will have higher premium rates.
The next table shows the collected loss data for Ford F-150 vehicles. For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as an average, is equal to 100. Values that are below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Ford F-150 Models Specific Ford Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford F-150 SuperCab 4WD 67 110 39 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2WD 42 93 72 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4WD 75 76 101 56 57 76BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Ratings for Oklahoma car insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with the right insurer can be a challenge considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Oklahoma. The company ratings in the next section may help you choose which insurers to look at purchasing a policy from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
One last note
When buying insurance coverage, it's a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that it was a big mistake. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Some companies may not have internet price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers sell through independent insurance agents. Cheaper Ford F-150 insurance in Oklahoma City can be found both online and also from your neighborhood Oklahoma City agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
We just showed you a lot of techniques to shop for Ford F-150 insurance online. It's most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Oklahoma City auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates are with the least-expected company.
Additional detailed information is located in these articles:
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Electric Cars in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tundra? (FAQ)
- How Much is Oklahoma City Car Insurance for Veterans? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Single Moms in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)