The recommended way to find affordable auto insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from companies in Oklahoma City.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents and a low credit score can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Keep reading for additional tips to get affordable coverage and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for your new policy. Once received, safely store the proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A good piece of advice is to make sure you enter the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to look at as many carriers as you can. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that most insurance customers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and just under half have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Oklahoma City drivers can cut their rates by $551 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to do a rate comparison.
Rates and other information
The coverage table shown below outlines estimates of insurance policy prices for Chevy Aveo models. Having a better understanding of how policy premiums are determined is important for drivers to make informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Aveo LS 4-Dr Hatchback||$168||$368||$430||$26||$128||$1,120||$93|
|Aveo LS 4-Dr Sedan||$168||$368||$430||$26||$128||$1,120||$93|
|Aveo LT 4-Dr Hatchback||$188||$368||$430||$26||$128||$1,140||$95|
|Aveo LT 4-Dr Sedan||$188||$368||$430||$26||$128||$1,140||$95|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in zip code location which can influence auto insurance rates greatly.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The information below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders increase Chevy Aveo car insurance costs for each different age category. The premiums assume a married male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The information below shows the comparison of Chevy Aveo yearly insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The data is based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no clear-cut rule of when to eliminate comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Chevy Aveo replacement cost is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $3,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying in excess of $300 annually for physical damage coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage in place.
Affordable Oklahoma City insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list every discount they offer very well, so the following list contains a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Oklahoma City car insurance online.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Progressive and Allstate allow you one accident without the usual rate increase with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Anti-theft System – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Driving Data Discount – Oklahoma City drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to scrutinize driving manner through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates as long as the data is positive.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring several vehicles on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The chart below shows the comparison of Chevy Aveo car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO has discounts for daytime running lights, military active duty, multi-policy, good student, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, and anti-lock brakes.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include low natural disaster claims, type of vehicle, location of vehicle, annual mileage, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including switch companies, homeowner, mature driver, good student, and electronic funds transfer.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for company car, student away at school, paid in full, multiple vehicles, group or association, paperless, and air bags.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for teen driver discount, newly retired, newly married, multi-car, new graduate, safety features, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for homeowner, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, and drive less.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- USAA has savings for vehicle storage, safe driver, loyalty savings, family discount, driver training, and military installation.
If you need low cost Oklahoma City car insurance quotes, ask every company to give you their best rates. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Oklahoma City. If you would like to view providers who offer free Chevy Aveo insurance quotes in Oklahoma City, follow this link.
Specific coverages for a Chevy Aveo
Understanding the coverages of your policy can be of help when determining the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Liability car insurance
Liability coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 25/50/25 that means you have a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against things such as funeral expenses, medical services, pain and suffering and structural damage. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. Oklahoma requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/25 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why the minimum limit may not be enough coverage.
This will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like hitting a deer, rock chips in glass, damage from getting keyed and hitting a bird. The most a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for short-term medical expenses for things like prosthetic devices, ambulance fees, dental work, rehabilitation expenses and chiropractic care. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things such as hitting a parking meter, sustaining damage from a pot hole, scraping a guard rail and damaging your car on a curb. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your Aveo in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Chevy Aveo.
Since many Oklahoma drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (Oklahoma limits are 25/50/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Auto insurance savings summarized
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service, unfair underwriting practices and even delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason, switching auto insurance companies is less work than it seems.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Oklahoma City can be bought from both online companies and with local Oklahoma City insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some auto insurance companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers work with independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Female in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)