Unfortunately, most auto insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average premium in Oklahoma being $1,780, drivers can cut their rates by $550 a year, but they don’t understand how simple it is to compare rate quotes online.
If you want to save money, the best way to find the cheapest price for Lexus RC 200t insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers that insure vehicles in Oklahoma City. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Spend some time learning about what is in your policy and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many things that result in higher rates like multiple speeding tickets and poor credit can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Later in this article we will cover more details to get low prices and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment and a completed application to the new company. Immediately upon receiving it, store the certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to use similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
The majority of larger companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO allow consumers to get coverage prices direct online. Obtaining pricing for Lexus RC 200t insurance in Oklahoma City is easy for anyone as you simply enter the coverages you want into a form. After you complete the form, the quote system pulls information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price quote based on many factors.
Using the web to get rate quotes for Lexus RC 200t insurance in Oklahoma City makes it simple to compare prices and it’s very important to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find the best possible rates on auto insurance.
To save time and compare rates using this form now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you copy the coverage information exactly as they are listed on your policy. This way, you will be getting a price comparison based on identical coverages.
The companies in the list below offer price comparisons in Oklahoma City, OK. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Get cheaper rates on Lexus RC 200t insurance in Oklahoma City with these nine discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common and the harder-to-find credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Oklahoma City car insurance online.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings on your bill.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a lower premium rate if you buy a life policy as well.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow data collection to study driving patterns remotely like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might see lower rates as long as the data is positive.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Good Students Pay Less – Excelling in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of auto insurance companies give back up to $50 for signing up over the internet.
Don’t be shocked that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
Companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- GEICO offers discounts including air bags, defensive driver, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for homeowner, teen safe driver, safe driver, teen safety rewards, multi-car, anti-theft, and accident prevention training.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, safe vehicle, good student, defensive driving training, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- MetLife may include discounts for accident-free, multi-policy, good driver, claim-free, good student, defensive driver
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, early bird, air bags, teen driver, theft prevention, and defensive driver.
- Progressive has savings for online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, and homeowner.
Double check with all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Oklahoma City.
Auto insurance agents near you
A small number of people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Good agents can make sure you are properly covered and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of comparing car insurance online is you may find cheap car insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Oklahoma City who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. If you wish to get a price quote from a particular provider, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an company requires you to look at more than just a low price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Oklahoma?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
If you want a local Oklahoma City insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents to choose from. Oklahoma City agents can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can insure your vehicles, but it is a good idea to know the difference between them because it can factor into buying decisions.
Agents of this type normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. They are usually well trained on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers often use the same exclusive agent primarily because of loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Oklahoma City that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Mai McCoy – State Farm Insurance Agent
2800 N Classen Blvd #105 – Oklahoma City, OK 73106 – (405) 524-3327 – View Map
- Ken Shelton – State Farm Insurance Agent
10901 S Western Ave a – Oklahoma City, OK 73170 – (405) 378-0407 – View Map
- Claire Faulkner-Truong – State Farm Insurance Agent
840 NW 50th St – Oklahoma City, OK 73118 – (405) 787-2626 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These agents can quote rates with many companies so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When searching for an agent, you definitely need to get some free quotes from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. They often place coverage with less well-known companies which can be an advantage.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Oklahoma City who can help you get price quotes.
- Copeland Insurance
5002 S Anderson Rd – Oklahoma City, OK 73150 – (405) 737-6231 – View Map
- Centennial Insurance Group, Inc.
2814 W Britton Rd – Oklahoma City, OK 73120 – (405) 286-4179 – View Map
- One General Agency
817 NE 63rd St – Oklahoma City, OK 73105 – (405) 840-9393 – View Map
Having a good grasp of insurance can be of help when determining which coverages you need for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Insurance for medical payments – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses for ambulance fees, rehabilitation expenses and hospital visits. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers you and your occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – This protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Lexus RC 200t.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (25/50/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Liability insurance – This coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have values of 25/50/25 that means you have a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for claims like funeral expenses, loss of income, pain and suffering, repair costs for stationary objects and bail bonds. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as large an amount as possible. Oklahoma state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/25 but you should consider buying higher limits.
The illustration below shows why low liability limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Collision – This coverage covers damage to your RC 200t caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things such as driving through your garage door, sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a building, hitting a parking meter and damaging your car on a curb. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. You can also increase the deductible on your RC 200t to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as fire damage, hitting a deer and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Get the best coverage at the best price
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to compare Lexus RC 200t insurance auto insurance rates in Oklahoma City. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from the smaller companies.
Some insurance providers may not have the ability to get a quote online and these small, regional companies work with local independent agents. Low-cost Lexus RC 200t insurance in Oklahoma City is possible from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection.
When searching for the cheapest Lexus RC 200t rate quotes, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
Additional detailed information is located at these sites:
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tundra? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Welfare Recipients in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Business Use in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)