It’s a known fact that car insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Insureds who get comparison quotes once a year are likely to move their business because of the high probability of finding better rates. A recent survey revealed that consumers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved about $850 each year compared to other drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the lowest price for insurance in Oklahoma City is your goal, then having some knowledge of the best ways to shop for insurance rates can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
The best way we recommend to find cheaper quotes for car insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers in Oklahoma City.
- First, gain an understanding of how companies set rates and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price like your driving record and a negative credit score can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Oklahoma City. If you find better rates, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to compare identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get prices from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Affordable Lexus insurance prices in Oklahoma City
The companies in the list below provide comparison quotes in Oklahoma City, OK. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the lowest price.
Car insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there may be some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be manually applied before being credited.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Claim Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Paperwork-free – Some of the larger companies will give you a small discount get Oklahoma City car insurance on your computer.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Memberships – Joining certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Oklahoma City Homeowners Discount – Owning your own home or condo can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Telematics Devices – Oklahoma City drivers who agree to allow companies to study where and when they drive by using a telematics device like Allstate’s Drivewise could save a few bucks as long as the data is positive.
You should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount should help lower your policy premium.
For a list of insurance companies who offer free Lexus GS F insurance quotes in Oklahoma City, follow this link.
Why Your Insurance Prices might be higher
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that play a part in calculating the price you pay for insurance. When you understand what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that could result in cheaper rates.
The itemized list below are some of the major factors used by your company to calculate premiums.
- Drivers with high credit save – Your credit history is a large factor in determining what you pay. If your credit can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Lexus GS F if you clean up your credit. People that have high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit scores.
- Pay more if you have a long commute – Living in less populated areas is a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Urban drivers regularly have much more traffic and more severe claims. Spending more time driving means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Safer occupants lowers insurance rates – Vehicles that have high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates directly to fewer claims which can mean better rates for you.
- Influences performance influences auto insurance costs – The performance of the car you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in your rates. The lowest performance passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Remove unneeded extra policy coverages – Policies have extra add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying but may not be useful. Insurance for rental car coverage, accident forgiveness, and term life insurance are some examples. They may sound like good ideas when you first buy your policy, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Pleasure use or commuting – The more miles you rack up on your Lexus each year the higher your rate. A lot of insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that have low annual miles cost less to insure than cars that get driven a lot. An incorrectly rated GS F is just wasting money. Make sure your insurance policy reflects the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
- Higher coverage deductibles are cheaper – The deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay before your insurance pays a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, and damage from wind. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When selecting a policy, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different and your policy should reflect that.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if your situation may require specific advice.
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Lexus GS F?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Local Oklahoma City insurance agencies
Some people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision Most agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local. And buying from local insurance agencies is important especially in Oklahoma City.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your information is emailed to local insurance agents in Oklahoma City who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent to you instantly. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Is an exclusive or independent auto insurance agent right for you?
When researching local Oklahoma City agents, there are a couple of different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents in Oklahoma City are considered either independent or exclusive. Both types of agents can write policy coverage, but it’s important to know the difference in the companies they write for because it can influence buying decisions.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent can quote rates with many companies so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If your premiums go up, they simply move your policy to a different company and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing car insurance rates, you definitely need to contact at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison.
The following is a small list of independent insurance agents in Oklahoma City who may provide comparison quotes.
These type of agents can usually just insure with one company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Oklahoma City that can give you price quote information.
Ed Dater – State Farm Insurance Agent
6700 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73139 – (405) 634-0504 – View Map
Deciding on an insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Any good agent in Oklahoma City should know the answers to these questions.
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
After getting reasonable responses to any questions you may have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it’s possible that you found a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to properly insure your vehicles.
Cheaper Lexus GS F insurance in Oklahoma City can be found online as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not provide rates over the internet and these smaller companies work with independent insurance agents.
When getting Oklahoma City car insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Seniors in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)