Regrettably, about 70% of customers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never quoted insurance rates at all. Most drivers in Oklahoma could cut their rates by roughly $600 a year just by comparing rates, but they underestimate how much they could save if they just switched companies.
The best way we recommend to find low-cost car insurance rates is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies who provide car insurance in Oklahoma City.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like traffic violations, accidents, and a substandard credit score can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application for your new policy. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The key thing to remember is to try to use identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Comparing quotes for the most affordable policy in Oklahoma City can be fairly easy. If you’re already insured or need a new policy, you will benefit by learning to get lower rates and still get good coverage. You just have to understand the fastest way to buy auto insurance on the web.
Cheap Kia insurance prices in Oklahoma City
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Oklahoma City, OK. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Rates and data analysis
The data table shown next showcases detailed analysis of rate quotes for Kia Sportage models. Learning as much as possible about how insurance policy premiums are determined can assist in making smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sportage LX 2WD 4-Dr||$322||$648||$584||$34||$174||$1,762||$147|
|Sportage LX 2WD 4-Dr||$322||$648||$584||$34||$174||$1,762||$147|
|Sportage EX 2WD 4-Dr||$370||$788||$584||$34||$174||$1,950||$163|
|Sportage LX 4WD 4-Dr||$370||$788||$584||$34||$174||$1,950||$163|
|Sportage EX 4WD 4-Dr||$370||$788||$584||$34||$174||$1,950||$163|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can lower or raise insurance rates greatly.
The diagram below illustrates how your deductible choice and can increase or decrease Kia Sportage premium costs for each different age category. The data assumes a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Do you need full coverage?
The chart below compares Kia Sportage insurance prices with and without full coverage. The data assumes no claims or violations, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no exact rule for phasing out physical damage insurance, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Kia Sportage settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying more than $300 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Oklahoma City insurance discounts for a Kia Sportage
Car insurance is expensive, but you may be missing some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for before being credited.
- Memberships – Having an affiliation with a professional or civic organization could trigger savings on your policy.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more on Sportage insurance in Oklahoma City.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less could be rewarded with lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Paperwork-free – A few insurance companies provide a small discount get Oklahoma City car insurance on their website.
- Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Select insurance carriers reward you with lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Policyholders that allow driving data submission to spy on where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
Just know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will reduce the premium cost.
The information below compares Kia Sportage premium costs with and without some available policy discounts. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, marriage, multi-car, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
To view insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Oklahoma City, click here to view.
Why You Might Pay Lower Rates in Oklahoma City
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but others are more transparent such as your marital status or how safe your car is. An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that aid in calculating your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in big savings.
Tickets can be expensive – Only having one speeding ticket or other violation can boost insurance rates by twenty percent. Attentive drivers pay less for auto insurance than bad drivers. Drivers who get severe violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The illustration below highlights how speeding tickets and accident claims impact Kia Sportage auto insurance rates for each different age category. The rates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Liability preserves assets – The liability section of your policy will afford coverage if you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to other policy coverages, so do not cut corners here.
Men are more aggressive – Statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women cause auto accidents at a similar rate, but men cause more damage. Men also receive more major tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
The chart below shows the difference between Kia Sportage annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no violations or accidents, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
More traffic equals higher rates – Having an address in a rural area is a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Drivers who live in large cities have more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
Too many car insurance claims will drive rates up – Insurance companies in Oklahoma award discounts to people who are not frequent claim filers. If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your car insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
Insurance loss probability for a Kia Sportage – Companies study historical loss data to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher losses will have higher premium rates.
The table below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Kia Sportage vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles compiled together equals 100. Values that are below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Kia Sportage 4dr 2WD||82||100||66||113||127||109|
|Kia Sportage 4dr 4WD||90||100||83||116||108||101|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance can be complex
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Every insured’s situation is different and your policy should reflect that.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Oklahoma?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Insurance is available from agents near you
Many drivers just prefer to talk to a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Good insurance agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper rates and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from local agencies is important especially in Oklahoma City.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to insurance agents in Oklahoma City that can provide free Oklahoma City car insurance quotes for your business. You never need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Picking the best insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Get answers to these questions too.
- How many years have they been established?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
How to find a good Oklahoma auto insurance company
Ending up with the right car insurance company can be challenging considering how many choices drivers have in Oklahoma. The company information in the lists below could help you select which car insurance companies you want to consider when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
One last thing to lower rates
Budget-conscious Kia Sportage insurance can be bought online as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies do not offer rate quotes online and usually these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Even more information can be found in these articles:
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Car Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Car Insurance Quotes for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- How Much are Oklahoma City Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Oklahoma City Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Car Insurance Rates for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)