If you want to save money, the best way to get affordable Hyundai G80 insurance in Oklahoma City is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Oklahoma. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Try to comprehend what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like careless driving and a low credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of companies. Select a company
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on G80 insurance. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A good piece of advice is to make sure you’re comparing similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to look at as many car insurance companies as possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
It goes without saying that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Drivers who get comparison quotes once a year are inclined to buy a different policy because there is a great chance of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent study showed that people who compared rate quotes regularly saved $865 annually compared to those who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the best price on car insurance is why you’re here, then learning about how to find and compare car insurance can help make the process easier and more efficient.
Affordable car insurance in Oklahoma City, OK
The companies in the list below provide price comparisons in Oklahoma. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Oklahoma City insurance discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you might find some hidden discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but once in a while a discount must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Professional Organizations – Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations can get you a small discount on your bill.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds that choose to allow data collection to analyze vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could possibly reduce rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner can help you save on insurance since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Cautious Drivers – Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Theft Deterrent – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen with less frequency so companies will give you a small discount.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents can save substantially when compared with bad drivers.
- E-sign Discounts – Certain insurance companies give back up to $50 shop Oklahoma City auto insurance on the web.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Hyundai can earn lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims for a specific time period.
As a sidenote, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though you would think you could get a free insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Larger insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for good student, good driver, multi-policy, annual mileage, and low natural disaster claims.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for mature driver, business and professional, pay in full, electronic funds transfer, homeowner, multi-car, and good student.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including good student, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, 55 and retired, renewal discount, safe driver, and driver training.
- State Farm offers discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, good student, safe vehicle, passive restraint, multiple autos, and driver’s education.
- Allstate has discounts for passive restraint, 55 and retired, premier plus, safe driver, economy car, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
- GEICO may offer discounts for defensive driver, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, and federal employee.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in your state.
Car insurance is available from agents near you
Some people would prefer to buy from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good insurance agents can answer important questions and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting small agencies is still important in Oklahoma City.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you can always find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
If you are searching for a local Oklahoma City insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents that you can select. Oklahoma City agents are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it’s important to point out how they differ because it can factor into which type of agent you select.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel do not sell for just one brand so they can quote policies through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always include price quotes from a few independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. They often place coverage with mutual insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Oklahoma City that can possibly get you free rate quotes.
- One General Agency
817 NE 63rd St – Oklahoma City, OK 73105 – (405) 840-9393 – View Map
- 3000 Insurance Group Alexander and Strunk
3000 NW 149th St – Oklahoma City, OK 73134 – (405) 751-8356 – View Map
- Perimeter Insurance
4200 Perimeter Center Dr – Oklahoma City, OK 73112 – (405) 778-8880 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are highly trained on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents mainly due to high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
Listed below are Oklahoma City exclusive agents who can help you get price quote information.
- Bob Stockton – State Farm Insurance Agent
4625 N May Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73112 – (405) 943-8373 – View Map
- Ken Whitt – State Farm Insurance Agent
4430 N W 50th M – Oklahoma City, OK 73112 – (405) 947-2812 – View Map
- Claire Faulkner-Truong – State Farm Insurance Agent
840 NW 50th St – Oklahoma City, OK 73118 – (405) 787-2626 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Before buying a policy in Oklahoma City, get answers to these questions.
- How long has their agency been open in Oklahoma City?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Oklahoma City?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
Auto insurance coverage information
Having a good grasp of your policy can be of help when determining the right coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Medical costs insurance – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses for things like pain medications, doctor visits, EMT expenses, funeral costs and surgery. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage for liability – This coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to a person or their property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against claims like medical expenses, legal defense fees, loss of income and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Oklahoma requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/25 but you should consider buying higher limits.
The illustration below demonstrates why low liability limits may not be enough coverage.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as rock chips in glass, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, a broken windshield and hitting a deer. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverage – This covers damage to your G80 resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things such as backing into a parked car, damaging your car on a curb, sideswiping another vehicle and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your G80 to bring the cost down.
UM/UIM Coverage – This coverage provides protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Hyundai G80.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (25/50/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Affordable auto insurance rates are out there
Cheaper auto insurance in Oklahoma City is definitely available from both online companies and with local Oklahoma City insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
We just covered many ways to compare Hyundai G80 insurance prices in Oklahoma City. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the least-expected company.
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, not issuing a premium refund or even being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies can be less work than you think.
To read more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Ride Shares in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)