Shockingly, the vast majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and nearly the majority have never compared auto insurance rates at all. U.S. drivers could save as much as 47% every year by just shopping around, but they just don’t understand the amount of money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get budget Pontiac G6 insurance is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Oklahoma City.
- First, read about how companies price auto insurance and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and an unacceptable credit history can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important note is that you’ll want to compare similar coverage information on each price quote and and to get prices from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance is not rocket science. Consumers just need to take time comparing free Oklahoma City auto insurance quotes to find the company with affordable Oklahoma City auto insurance quotes.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Oklahoma City, OK. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the high cost, paying for auto insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your G6 has a lienholder, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Pontiac at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your car. It will also reimburse you for medical bills incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. Today the average American driver overpays more than $869 every year so shop around once a year at a minimum to save money.
Analysis of Pontiac G6 rates
The price information shown below covers different insurance coverage prices for Pontiac G6 models. Understanding how prices are calculated can aid in making informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|G6 4-Dr Sedan||$238||$452||$606||$36||$182||$1,514||$126|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in your specific Oklahoma City location which can change insurance rates significantly.
The illustration below highlights how deductible selection and can raise or lower Pontiac G6 insurance rates for each age group. The data is based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The information below illustrates the difference between Pontiac G6 premium costs with and without physical damage coverage. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving violations, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no definitive guideline of when to exclude full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Pontiac G6 claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $5,000 after you pay the deductible. If it’s costing you more than $500 a year for physical damage coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some scenarios where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not opt for liability only.
Discounts for affordable car insurance rates
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but you can get discounts that can help lower your rates. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically before being credited.
- Early Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for all your vehicles on the same car insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than their less cautious counterparts.
- Accident Free – Oklahoma City drivers who stay claim-free pay much less in comparison to frequent claim filers.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for discounted car insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get a small discount on rates.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like you could get a free car insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts should help lower your policy premium.
The information below illustrates the difference between Pontiac G6 premium costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. Data assumes a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few companies that may offer quotes with these discounts are:
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts may not be available in every state. To choose insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Oklahoma, click here.
Do I need an insurance agent?
A small number of people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent. Agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still have a local agent. And supporting small agencies is still important in Oklahoma City.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Oklahoma City who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you need to compare rates from a particular provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing an company is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- How long has their agency been in business in Oklahoma City?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Oklahoma City?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
How to know if you need help
When it comes to coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Your situation is unique and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Quote often and quote early
The cheapest Pontiac G6 insurance in Oklahoma City is possible online as well as from independent agents in Oklahoma City, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. Some companies may not offer rates over the internet and these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to lower your Pontiac G6 insurance rates in Oklahoma City. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the best rates are with a small local company. Regional companies may have significantly lower auto insurance rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60 in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- How Much are Oklahoma City Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Toyota Camry in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Oklahoma City Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)