Want to learn the secrets to finding low-cost Hummer H2 insurance in Oklahoma City? Searching for low-cost insurance for a Hummer H2 in Oklahoma could be a lot of work, but you can follow these tips to save time. There is a right way and a wrong way to buy auto insurance so we’re going to tell you the proper way to compare rates for a Hummer and get the best price possible.
If you’re already insured or just want to reduce your rates, follow these tips to save money and still have adequate protection. Finding and comparing the best-priced policy in Oklahoma City is simple if you know the tricks. Comparison shoppers just have to know the best way to compare different rates from multiple carriers.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Oklahoma City, OK. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Protect more than your Hummer vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of Hummer H2 insurance, insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Hummer H2 has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will require that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Hummer at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your Hummer but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your H2 definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $810 a year so you should quote and compare rates every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Oklahoma City insurance discounts for a Hummer H2
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but companies offer discounts that you may not know about. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple cars with the same auto insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies provide a discount for buying a policy before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Oklahoma City car insurance with a few auto insurance companies.
- Homeowners Savings – Just owning your own home can save a few bucks because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
A quick disclaimer, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think you could get a free auto insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Larger auto insurance companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for annual mileage, low natural disaster claims, type of vehicle, accident-free, anti-theft, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for teen driver, pay in full, multi-car, bundle discounts, and homeowner.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include 55 and retired, good student, safe driver, multi-vehicle, and youthful driver.
- State Farm has savings for safe vehicle, multiple autos, good student, student away at school, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, and driver’s education.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including passive restraint, good student, safe driver, senior citizen, teenSMART discount, anti-lock brakes, and resident student.
- GEICO may include discounts for multi-policy, anti-theft, driver training, daytime running lights, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, and federal employee.
If you need the cheapest Hummer H2 rate quotes, ask every company which discounts you qualify for. Discounts might not be offered on policies in Oklahoma City. To choose companies that offer some of these discounts in Oklahoma City, follow this link.
Compare rates but buy from a local Oklahoma City insurance agency
Some consumers still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Most agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper rates and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Oklahoma City who will return price quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right provider requires more thought than just a cheap price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- How many years have they been established?
If you want to buy car insurance from an insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they work. Car insurance agents in Oklahoma City are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types can insure your vehicles, but it’s important to point out the subtle differences because it can impact which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents write business for a single company like Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below are Oklahoma City exclusive insurance agencies who may provide you with price quotes.
- Jim Hoffhines – State Farm Insurance Agent
3838 NW 36th St #160 – Oklahoma City, OK 73112 – (405) 948-8881 – View Map
- Jerry Black – State Farm Insurance Agent
12325 N May Ave #117 – Oklahoma City, OK 73120 – (405) 751-1860 – View Map
- Claire Faulkner-Truong – State Farm Insurance Agent
840 NW 50th St – Oklahoma City, OK 73118 – (405) 787-2626 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent can quote rates with many companies and that allows them to write policies with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you include rate quotes from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with smaller mutual companies which could offer lower prices.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Oklahoma City who can help you get price quote information.
- Bigbie, Hensley and Janway Insurance Agency
5532 N Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73118 – (405) 235-0036 – View Map
- Courtesy Insurance Agency
324 W Hefner Rd – Oklahoma City, OK 73114 – (405) 755-4571 – View Map
- Thomas Baste Insurance Agency
8503 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73139 – (405) 604-5600 – View Map
Car insurance companies ranked
Finding the right company can be challenging considering how many choices you have in Oklahoma City. The company information in the lists below could help you choose which auto insurers you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Don’t give up on cheap coverage
We just covered a lot of ways to compare Hummer H2 insurance premium rates in Oklahoma City. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Oklahoma City car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like poor customer service, delays in responding to claim requests, being labeled a high risk driver and even high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason, finding a new insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Steps to finding cheaper Hummer H2 insurance in Oklahoma City
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get discount Hummer H2 insurance is to compare prices once a year from insurers who provide car insurance in Oklahoma City. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about individual coverages and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many things that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents and a negative credit rating can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple insurance companies. Begin your rate comparison
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper H2 coverage is available in Oklahoma City. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new insurance company. As soon as you can, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One thing to remember is to try to use the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to compare as many different companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and a good representation of prices.
To learn more, take a look at the articles below:
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Low Mileage Drivers in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)