It takes a little time, but the best way to get more affordable Infiniti FX50 insurance in Oklahoma City is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies in Oklahoma.
Step 1: Try to comprehend what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic citations and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for more information to prevent high rates and find overlooked discounts.
Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you can save some money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy and submit a signed application and payment to the new insurer. Once coverage is bound, place your new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle.
One piece of advice is to try to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get price estimates from every insurance company. Doing this provides a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
Amazingly, most consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and nearly the majority have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. With the average car insurance premium being $1,777, Oklahoma drivers could cut their rates by as much as $550 a year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand the big savings they would realize if they switched to a more affordable policy.
How Your FX50 Insurance Premiums are Determined
Lots of things are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but other factors are less obvious like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
- Pay less with a high NHTSA crash test rating – Cars with five star safety ratings get lower rates. Safer cars reduce occupant injuries and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Infiniti is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may pay a lower rate.
- What are good liability protection limits? – Your policy’s liability coverage kicks in if a court rules you are at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- High claims frequency drives up prices – Insurance companies in Oklahoma give discounts to people who do not file claims often. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect higher rates. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Lower rates come with age – Teenage drivers in Oklahoma are known to be inattentive with other occupants in the car therefore insurance rates are much higher. Parents adding a teenage driver onto a policy can really hurt. Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are safer drivers.
The chart below uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Bundle and save – Many insurers will award better rates to policyholders who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you qualify for this discount already, consumers should still compare other company rates to ensure the best deal.
To get the cheapest Infiniti FX50 rate quotes, there a variety of ways to compare prices from different Oklahoma City insurance companies. By far the easiest way to find cheaper rates is to jump online and get quotes.
When quoting auto insurance, remember that getting more free quotes will increase your chances of finding more affordable rates. Not every company allows you to get Oklahoma City FX50 insurance quotes over the internet, so it’s important to also get rates on coverage from those companies, too.
The following companies can provide price comparisons in Oklahoma. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance rate breakdown
The premium table shown below covers different insurance policy prices for Infiniti FX50 models. Having insight into how insurance quotes are calculated can assist in making informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|FX50 AWD 4-Dr||$290||$648||$542||$32||$162||$1,674||$140|
|FX50 Sport AWD 4-Dr||$318||$724||$542||$32||$162||$1,778||$148|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in garaging location in Oklahoma City which can increase or decrease insurance rates substantially.
The example below highlights how deductible choice and can change Infiniti FX50 yearly insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. Data assumes a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Three good reasons to insure your FX50
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Infiniti FX50 in Oklahoma City, paying for auto insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will require that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Infiniti at a significantly higher premium and make you pay for it.
Third, auto insurance preserves your Infiniti and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your auto insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays more than $810 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Get discounts on Oklahoma City auto insurance
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not even know about. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but a few must be manually applied before being credited.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company you could get a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Paper-free Discount – A handful of larger companies will provide an incentive for completing your application online.
- College Student – Any of your kids who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for better auto insurance rates.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- Good Students Pay Less – Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The diagram below compares Infiniti FX50 car insurance rates with and without discounts. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, marriage, multi-car, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including youthful driver, bundle discounts, mature driver, early shopping, teen driver, and multi-car.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for driver training, safe driver, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, and renewal discount.
- State Farm has discounts for Drive Safe & Save, good student, accident-free, student away at school, multiple policy, safe vehicle, and multiple autos.
- GEICO discounts include seat belt use, air bags, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, and federal employee.
- SAFECO includes discounts for teen safety rewards, accident prevention training, teen safe driver, multi-car, bundle discounts, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for new move discount, preferred payment discount, safety features, multi-policy, hybrid vehicle, exclusive group savings, and teen driver discount.
If you are trying to find low cost Oklahoma City car insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts may not apply in your area. To locate companies that offer many of these discounts in Oklahoma, click this link.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local Oklahoma City insurance agent
Many people still prefer to buy from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The biggest benefit of comparing car insurance online is that you can find cheaper rates but also keep your business local. And supporting neighborhood agents is important particularly in Oklahoma City.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Oklahoma City who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to you instantly. Get lower rates without a big time investment. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, just search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agent, there are two types of agencies to choose from. Oklahoma City agents can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents often have many company appointments so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part. If you need lower rates, you absolutely need to include a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. Most also write with small mutual carriers that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Oklahoma City who may be able to give you free car insurance quotes.
- Centennial Insurance Group, Inc.
2814 W Britton Rd – Oklahoma City, OK 73120 – (405) 286-4179 – View Map
- Action Plus Insurance Agency
9005 S May Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73159 – (405) 631-9009 – View Map
- Chris Baxter – Above All Insurance
3632 NW 21st St – Oklahoma City, OK 73107 – (405) 604-8060 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can usually just insure with one company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are trained well on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below are Oklahoma City exclusive insurance agents willing to provide price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Gerald Jeter
11723 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73170 – (405) 692-2411 – View Map
- Ken Shelton – State Farm Insurance Agent
10901 S Western Ave a – Oklahoma City, OK 73170 – (405) 378-0407 – View Map
- Tony Brummitt – State Farm Insurance Agent
9509 N Council Rd – Oklahoma City, OK 73162 – (405) 721-1423 – View Map
Selecting an car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Oklahoma City?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
Best auto insurance company in Oklahoma City
Picking the right insurance company is difficult considering how many choices drivers have in Oklahoma. The information in the next section could help you select which car insurance providers to look at when looking for cheaper rates.
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are unique to you so your insurance needs to address that.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- What policy terms are available?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Is my Infiniti FX50 covered for smoke damage?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Cheaper car insurance is a realistic goal
Some insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents. Cheap Infiniti FX50 insurance in Oklahoma City is available from both online companies in addition to many Oklahoma City insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection.
We covered some good ideas how you can save on Infiniti FX50 insurance in Oklahoma City. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.