It’s easy to assume that auto insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Drivers who get comparison quotes at least once a year are likely to switch companies because of the good chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A survey found that drivers who routinely compared rates saved $865 a year compared to policyholders who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If saving the most money on Hyundai Santa Fe insurance in Oklahoma City is the reason for your visit, then having an understanding of how to choose a company and compare car insurance can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
It takes a little time, but the best way to save on Hyundai Santa Fe insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from companies that sell auto insurance in Oklahoma City.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of the different coverages in a policy and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as careless driving and poor credit history can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper Santa Fe coverage is available. If you find a lower rate, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for the new policy. Once coverage is bound, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
The most important part of this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rates from all possible companies. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
If you currently have insurance, you will definitely be able to lower your rates using the techniques covered below. Buying affordable insurance in Oklahoma City is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. But Oklahoma vehicle owners do need to understand how insurance companies price online insurance because rates are impacted by many factors.
When looking for inexpensive Oklahoma City auto insurance quotes, there are a couple ways of comparing rate quotes from many available insurance companies in Oklahoma. The best method to comparison shop consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
It’s so fast and easy to compare rate quotes online that it makes it obsolete to actually drive to local insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you prefer the peace of mind of a licensed agent. If you prefer, some companies allow you to compare the best prices online but have a local agent actually write the policy. When quoting insurance, remember that comparing a wide range of rates provides better odds of finding a better price.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Oklahoma. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you compare several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Protect your vehicle and other assets
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Oklahoma City, car insurance is required in Oklahoma but it also protects you in many ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Santa Fe, most banks will require that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Hyundai for a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Hyundai Santa Fe. It will also pay for medical expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays as much as $825 a year so we recommend shopping around every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Hyundai Santa Fe detailed coverage information
The table shown next highlights estimates of insurance policy prices for Hyundai Santa Fe models. Learning a little about how insurance policy premiums are formulated can assist in making decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Santa Fe GLS 2WD||$212||$462||$470||$28||$140||$1,312||$109|
|Santa Fe GLS 4WD||$242||$462||$470||$28||$140||$1,342||$112|
|Santa Fe SE 2WD||$242||$462||$470||$28||$140||$1,342||$112|
|Santa Fe Limited 2WD||$242||$544||$470||$28||$140||$1,424||$119|
|Santa Fe SE 4WD||$242||$544||$470||$28||$140||$1,424||$119|
|Santa Fe Limited 4WD||$274||$544||$470||$28||$140||$1,456||$121|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in garaging location in Oklahoma City which can modify coverage prices noticeably.
The illustration below illustrates how your deductible choice and can influence Hyundai Santa Fe insurance rates for each different age group. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Impact of citations and accidents on Oklahoma City insurance rates
The information below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders can raise Hyundai Santa Fe insurance costs for each different age category. The costs are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Get cheaper rates by taking advantage of these seven discounts
Some companies don’t always publicize all available discounts very well, so the next list breaks down both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to bring down your rates.
- Early Signing – A few insurance companies offer discounts for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current Santa Fe insurance policy. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote Oklahoma City auto insurance with select insurance companies.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like GEICO and Liberty Mutual permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims before the accident.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a house in Oklahoma City can help you save on car insurance because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education in school.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Oklahoma City auto insurance quote.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
As a footnote on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Hyundai Santa Fe premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. Data assumes a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer most of the discounts above may include but are not limited to:
Check with each insurance company which discounts they offer. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in your area. If you would like to view car insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Oklahoma City, follow this link.