Paying more affordable rates for Honda Odyssey insurance in Oklahoma City can seem to be quite difficult for drivers not familiar with online comparison shopping. With so many online companies available, it can turn into a burden to compare prices in Oklahoma on Honda Odyssey insurance.
It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Insureds who compare rates annually are inclined to switch auto insurance companies because they have good chances of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent auto insurance study discovered that consumers who compared rate quotes regularly saved on average $70 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the best rates on auto insurance is your ultimate target, then having some knowledge of the best ways to shop for insurance can make it easier for you to save money.
It’s a good idea to compare rates yearly because auto insurance prices change quite often. Even if you think you had the best deal on Honda Odyssey insurance in Oklahoma City last year there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re going to learn the best way to lower your annual insurance bill.
It’s important to know that comparing more rates from different companies provides better odds of finding the best rates. Not every company provides Oklahoma City Odyssey insurance quotes online, so you need to compare quotes from those companies as well.
The following companies provide free rate quotes in Oklahoma City, OK. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Get cheaper Honda Odyssey insurance rates in Oklahoma City
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there could be available discounts that you may not even be aware of. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you get a quote, but a few need to be asked for before they will apply.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not take a car to college may be able to be covered for less.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of more than 20%.
- Multiple Cars – Drivers who insure multiple vehicles with the same car insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage can qualify you for cheaper prices.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Larger companies have a lower rate if you buy life insurance from them.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some car insurance companies give discounts for renewing your policy early. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Save over 55 – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens could receive a small decrease in premiums.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
The example below illustrates the difference between Honda Odyssey car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The data assumes a male driver, no claims or violations, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
To find insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Oklahoma, click here.
Detailed insurance information
The coverage information shown below covers different prices for Honda Odyssey models. Being aware of how auto insurance prices are figured can help drivers make smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Odyssey EX W/Rear Entertainment||$224||$434||$462||$28||$138||$1,286||$107|
|Odyssey EX-L W/Rear Entertainment||$256||$510||$462||$28||$138||$1,394||$116|
|Odyssey EX-L W/Navigation||$256||$510||$462||$28||$138||$1,394||$116|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in specific Oklahoma City garaging location which can increase or decrease premium rates greatly.
The chart below demonstrates how deductibles and can increase or decrease Honda Odyssey premium costs for each different age group. The information is based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
Honda Odyssey insurance premiums by gender and age
The illustration below shows the comparison of Honda Odyssey yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no claims or violations, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Honda Odyssey liability rates compared to full coverage
The illustration below shows the comparison of Honda Odyssey yearly insurance costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The data is based on no claims or driving violations, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no set guideline that is best for determining when to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Honda Odyssey settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $3,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are currently paying more than $300 annually for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some cases where eliminating full coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not drop full coverage.
Can’t I compare rates from local Oklahoma City insurance agents?
A small number of people just want to get advice from a local agent. A good thing about price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap insurance rates and still have a local agent. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Oklahoma City.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance data is immediately sent to participating agents in Oklahoma City who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. Get lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you want to compare prices from one company in particular, you can always navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Oklahoma City for you
If you want a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Insurance agents in Oklahoma City can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company which makes it simple for you.
When comparing insurance prices, it’s a good idea to get several quotes from several independent agencies to have the best price comparison. Many can place coverage with companies that do not advertise much that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below is a partial list of independent agents in Oklahoma City who may provide free rate quotes.
- State Auto Insurance Agency Inc
4717 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73109 – (405) 631-5575 – View Map
- Actionplus Insurance Agency
5831 NW 23rd St – Oklahoma City, OK 73127 – (405) 702-9009 – View Map
- Anderson Insurance
10325 Greenbriar Pl – Oklahoma City, OK 73159 – (405) 794-9500 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only write with one company such as Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Consumers frequently choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of the brand name and solid financial strength.
Listed below are Oklahoma City exclusive insurance agents that can give you comparison quotes.
- Ed Dater – State Farm Insurance Agent
6700 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73139 – (405) 634-0504 – View Map
- State Farm: Vicky Richey Insurance Agency Inc
8601 S Walker Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73139 – (405) 635-0677 – View Map
- Becky Stevens – State Farm Insurance Agent
7105 W Hefner Rd – Oklahoma City, OK 73162 – (405) 722-0004 – View Map
Picking a insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a low price. Any agent in Oklahoma City should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When it comes to proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your auto insurance should unique, too.
For instance, these questions can help discover if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Honda Odyssey Insurance Price Factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that help calculate your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to lower premium levels. Lots of things are used when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but other factors are less obvious such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
The itemized list below are some of the things car insurance companies consider when setting prices.
- Qualify for multi-policy discounts – Many insurers afford discounts to customers that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount applied, you may still want to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Keep claims to a minimum – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance companies in Oklahoma provide most affordable rates to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Infrequent drivers can save – The higher the miles on your Honda annually the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of insurance companies charge to insure your cars based upon how much you drive. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage receive better premium rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Incorrect rating for your Odyssey may be costing you higher rates. It’s a good idea to make sure your vehicle rating shows the correct usage.
Experienced drivers pay less – More experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, are lower risk to insure, and receive fewer citations. Teen drivers are proven to be careless and easily distracted when driving with friends so they pay higher car insurance rates.
The data below uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Certain employers pay higher prices – Do you work in a high-stress field? Careers such as fire fighters, business owners, and stock brokers are shown to have higher rates than average in part from high stress levels and long work hours. Conversely, occupations such as scientists, students and retirees pay lower than average rates.
Driving citations hurt – Whether or not you get tickets can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Having a single chargeable violation could increase your next policy renewal by twenty percent. Attentive drivers get better prices as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who get license-revoking violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to complete a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
The diagram below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault collisions drive up Honda Odyssey insurance prices for different age categories. The prices are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Loss probability for a Honda Odyssey – Companies factor in historical loss data when determining insurance rates. Models that the data shows to have higher claim amounts or frequency will cost more for specific coverages. The next table illustrates the collected loss data for Honda Odyssey vehicles.
For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is considered to be 100. Values that are under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage values above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Honda Odyssey Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda Odyssey 78 83 75 82 78 71BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Protect your vehicle and other assets
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Oklahoma City, maintaining insurance is mandatory in Oklahoma but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Honda, more than likely the lender will force you to have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Honda at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in Oklahoma is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so you should quote your policy with other companies at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Which auto insurance company is best in Oklahoma?
Buying coverage from a highly-rated auto insurance provider can be difficult considering how many choices there are in Oklahoma City. The company information below may help you analyze which car insurance providers you want to consider when shopping around.
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Quote often and quote early
We just showed you some good ideas how to lower your Honda Odyssey insurance prices in Oklahoma City. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Honda Odyssey rate quotes. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Affordable Honda Odyssey insurance in Oklahoma City can be found from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Oklahoma City agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies do not provide rates over the internet and usually these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
Steps to buying lower priced Honda Odyssey insurance in Oklahoma City
Truthfully, the best way to get low-cost Honda Odyssey insurance in Oklahoma City is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies in Oklahoma. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- Get an understanding of how car insurance works and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as multiple speeding tickets and an unfavorable credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple companies. Get quotes now
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many companies as you can. This provides a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- How Much is Car Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Car Insurance Quotes for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- How Much are Oklahoma City Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)