The easiest way to get the cheapest GMC Canyon insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from companies who sell auto insurance in Oklahoma City.
- First, read about how car insurance works and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many risk factors that increase rates like speeding tickets, accidents and an imperfect credit score can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, give notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit payment and a completed application to the newly selected company. Once coverage is bound, put the certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
A good piece of advice is to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many carriers as you can. This enables a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
It’s easy to assume that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Consumers who shop for lower rates will probably switch companies because there is a significant possibility of getting low-cost coverage. A survey found that consumers who shopped around saved as much as $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on auto insurance in Oklahoma City is your objective, then understanding the best way to shop and compare car insurance can save money and time.
These discounts can lower your car insurance quotes
Some providers don’t always list every policy discount very clearly, so below is a list some of the best known and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Options like air bags may qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but a few companies such as GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive allow you one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving less may enable drivers to earn lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
You should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
The information below illustrates the comparison of GMC Canyon insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The rates are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
Companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, and homeowner.
- AAA offers discounts for AAA membership discount, good student, multi-car, multi-policy, education and occupation, and pay-in-full.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for mature driver, pay in full, electronic funds transfer, good student, youthful driver, and bundle discounts.
- GEICO has savings for military active duty, good student, multi-vehicle, anti-theft, and five-year accident-free.
- Esurance includes discounts for emergency road assistance, good student, homeowner, defensive driver, Pac-12 alumni, and DriveSense.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for drive less, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, teen safety rewards, safe driver, teen safe driver, and anti-theft.
- State Farm discounts include passive restraint, good driver, accident-free, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and student away at school.
When comparing rates, check with each company to give you their best rates. Discounts may not apply in Oklahoma City.
How to compare free Oklahoma City GMC Canyon insurance quotes
It’s important to know that making a lot of price comparisons helps locate a lower rate than you’re paying now. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide Oklahoma City Canyon insurance quotes online, so you should also compare rates on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Oklahoma City, OK. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you compare several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Auto insurance data for a GMC Canyon
The premium table shown next covers a range of insurance premium costs for GMC Canyon models. Knowing how insurance policy rates are determined can assist in making decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Canyon SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$326||$562||$458||$28||$136||$1,510||$126|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab 2WD||$326||$684||$458||$28||$136||$1,632||$136|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab Z71 2WD||$326||$684||$458||$28||$136||$1,632||$136|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$326||$684||$458||$28||$136||$1,632||$136|
|Canyon SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$374||$562||$458||$28||$136||$1,558||$130|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab Z71 2WD||$374||$684||$458||$28||$136||$1,680||$140|
|Canyon SLT Ext Cab 2WD||$374||$684||$458||$28||$136||$1,680||$140|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab 4WD||$374||$562||$458||$28||$136||$1,558||$130|
|Canyon SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$374||$804||$458||$28||$136||$1,800||$150|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab Z71 4WD||$374||$684||$458||$28||$136||$1,680||$140|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$422||$684||$458||$28||$136||$1,728||$144|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab Z71 4WD||$422||$684||$458||$28||$136||$1,728||$144|
|Canyon SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$422||$684||$458||$28||$136||$1,728||$144|
|Canyon SLT Ext Cab 4WD||$422||$684||$458||$28||$136||$1,728||$144|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can alter premium rates substantially.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The information below illustrates the difference between GMC Canyon car insurance rates with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The information is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no clear-cut formula of when to exclude physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your GMC Canyon replacement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying more than $400 a year to have full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Getting quotes from local Oklahoma City car insurance agents
Many people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a smart move An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is you can get the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, your coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Oklahoma City who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to compare rates from a particular provider, you just need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good insurer is decision based upon more than just a low price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Oklahoma City?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Oklahoma City for you
When researching a local agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Oklahoma City agents can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents write business for a single company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies are trained well in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage.
Shown below are Oklahoma City exclusive agencies that are able to give price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are appointed with more than one company so they can write business with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage which requires no work on your part. When comparing rates, we highly recommend that you get several quotes from multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Shown below are Oklahoma City independent agencies willing to provide price quotes.
We covered a lot of ways to find affordable GMC Canyon insurance in Oklahoma City. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Oklahoma City car insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest GMC Canyon rate quotes. Consumers may even find the best prices are with the smaller companies. Smaller companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
As you quote Oklahoma City car insurance, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.