If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find low-cost car insurance rates in Oklahoma City is to do an annual price comparison from insurers in Oklahoma.
- Take a few minutes and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and a low credit score can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Continue reading for more details to get better rates and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies. View a list of agents
- Compare the quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit the application along with any required down payment to your new insurance company. When you receive it, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
An important note is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
It’s amazing but most insurance policyholders in Oklahoma kept their coverage with the same insurance company for more than four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Drivers in the U.S. could save as much as 47% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most tend to underestimate the large savings they would see if they changed companies.
Locating the best rates in Oklahoma City is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will surely be able to cut your premiums using the tips covered below. Smart shoppers just need to use how to buy car insurance online.
Companies offering Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Oklahoma City
The following companies have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Oklahoma. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the most competitive price.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some providers do not list every possible discount very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy Oklahoma City car insurance online.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Good Student – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- E-sign – A few insurance companies provide a small discount simply for signing over the internet.
- Driver Safety – Passing a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Buy New and Save – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can get you a discount due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
Don’t be shocked that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. But all discounts will definitely reduce the amount you have to pay.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple autos, anti-theft, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, student away at school, and passive restraint.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, online quote discount, and good student.
- Travelers may offer discounts for save driver, multi-car, student away at school, hybrid/electric vehicle, multi-policy, continuous insurance, and driver training.
- American Family may have discounts that include TimeAway discount, air bags, good student, bundled insurance, and good driver.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for newly retired, safety features, new move discount, new vehicle discount, multi-car, and good student.
If you need affordable Oklahoma City car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in your state. If you would like to view providers who offer cheap Ford Shelby GT350 insurance quotes in Oklahoma City, click this link.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agents
Some people still like to buy from a licensed agent. Experienced insurance agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain lower premium rates and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your information is transmitted to participating agents in Oklahoma City who will return price quotes to get your business. There is no need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered to you. If you need to compare prices for a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best provider is decision based upon more than just a low price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
Best auto insurance agent in Oklahoma City
If you want to use a reliable agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agents to choose from. Car insurance agencies can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types of agents can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it is important to understand the difference in how they write coverage because it can impact your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company such as Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are well schooled on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Oklahoma City willing to provide comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents do not write with just one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, the business is moved internally which requires no work on your part. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, we recommend you include rate quotes from a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Oklahoma City who can help you get price quote information.
Quote more to save more
Some companies may not offer rate quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell through local independent agents. Lower-priced auto insurance in Oklahoma City can be found online and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Much more information about auto insurance in Oklahoma is located on the following sites:
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Oklahoma City Auto Insurance for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)