How many times have you told yourself to find more competitive auto insurance rates in Oklahoma City, OK? Oklahoma City buyers have many options when searching for low-cost Ford Edge insurance. You can either spend your time driving around to compare prices or utilize the internet to compare rates. There is a better way to compare auto insurance rates so we're going to tell you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes on a Ford and obtain the lowest possible price from Oklahoma City insurance agents and online providers.
If you already have coverage or need a new policy, you can use this information to save money and possibly find even better coverage. The goal of this article is to let you in on how to compare rates easily and some money-saving tips. Drivers just have to understand the proper methods to compare different rates over the internet.
First Step: Get free Ford Edge insurance quotes
Cutting your Oklahoma City insurance rates can be relatively painless. You just have to spend a few minutes on the computer to compare rates to find out which insurance company has the cheapest Ford Edge rate quotes.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Oklahoma City, OK. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the most affordable price.
Car insurance rates and discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you may be missing some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but some need to be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Driver Education Discount - Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver's ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Accident Waiver - This isn't a discount exactly, but companies like Allstate and Progressive permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven't had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Just owning your own home can help you save on car insurance since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Taking time to complete a course in safe driver could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Buying a new car instead of a used Edge can save you some money since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Drive Safe and Save - Accident-free drivers can save as much as half off their rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Early Switch Discount - A few insurance companies give discounts for switching companies before your current Edge insurance policy expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Oklahoma City auto insurance online.
- Theft Prevention System - Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems have a lower chance of being stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Buying coverage for multiple cars on a single policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
A quick disclaimer, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, companies don't profit that way.
The chart below shows the comparison of Ford Edge insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The data is based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, multi-car, multi-policy, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
A few companies that possibly offer many of the previously listed discounts may include but are not limited to:
Check with all the companies to apply every possible discount. Savings might not apply in Oklahoma City. To choose insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Oklahoma City, click here.
Insurance rate breakdown
The rate table displayed next highlights a range of coverage prices for Ford Edge models. Having a good grasp of how auto insurance policy rates are formulated can assist in making smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Edge SE 2WD||$306||$528||$462||$28||$138||$1,462||$122|
|Edge SE AWD||$306||$642||$462||$28||$138||$1,576||$131|
|Edge SEL 2WD||$306||$642||$462||$28||$138||$1,576||$131|
|Edge Limited 2WD||$306||$642||$462||$28||$138||$1,576||$131|
|Edge SEL AWD||$306||$642||$462||$28||$138||$1,576||$131|
|Edge Limited AWD||$352||$756||$462||$28||$138||$1,736||$145|
|Edge Sport 2WD||$352||$756||$462||$28||$138||$1,736||$145|
|Edge Sport AWD||$352||$756||$462||$28||$138||$1,736||$145|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in specific location information which can increase or decrease coverage prices substantially.
Driving violations and accidents
The example below shows how traffic citations and at-fault accidents can impact Ford Edge premium costs for each different age group. The rates are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Premiums by gender and age
The chart below shows the difference between Ford Edge insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no claims or driving violations, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The example below visualizes the comparison of Ford Edge insurance prices with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Oklahoma. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving citations, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no written rule of when to exclude physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's say your Ford Edge claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $8,000 after paying your deductible. If it's costing in excess of $800 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not buy liability only.
What if I want to buy from local Oklahoma City auto insurance agents?
Many people still like to have an agent's advice and that can be a great decision Good agents can point out coverage gaps and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Oklahoma City who will return price quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to leave your house since price quotes are sent instantly to you. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, feel free to visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking an insurance company requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you should ask.
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Which family members are covered?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When selecting insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether or not you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- How high should deductibles be on a Ford Edge?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Oklahoma?
If you're not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Why you need to buy car insurance
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Oklahoma City, paying for car insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Edge, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford at a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so it's important to compare rates at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Car insurance coverages for a Ford Edge
Having a good grasp of your policy can help you determine the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage covers damage to your Edge resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as damaging your car on a curb, colliding with another moving vehicle and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your Edge to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive auto insurance
This coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as hitting a bird, damage from a tornado or hurricane and damage from flooding. The maximum amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value consider dropping full coverage.
Liability auto insurance
This can cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property. It protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn't cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 that means you have a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability can pay for things such as emergency aid, repair bills for other people's vehicles, medical expenses, attorney fees and bail bonds. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Oklahoma state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/25 but it's recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below demonstrates why low liability limits may not be adequate coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for short-term medical expenses like pain medications, X-ray expenses and surgery. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Ford Edge.
Since many Oklahoma drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (Oklahoma limits are 25/50/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
When getting Oklahoma City auto insurance quotes online, make sure you don't buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed full coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
We've covered quite a bit of information on how to save on Ford Edge insurance in Oklahoma City. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates come from an unexpected company.
Some insurance providers may not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers work with independent agents. Discount Ford Edge insurance can be found both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture.
Steps to finding affordable quotes for Ford Edge insurance in Oklahoma City
The recommended way to quote cheaper Ford Edge insurance in Oklahoma City is to do an annual price comparison from insurers who can sell car insurance in Oklahoma. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Take a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many things that drive up the price such as accidents, traffic violations, and a not-so-good credit rating can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to the newly selected company. Immediately upon receiving it, put the new proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to compare similar coverage information on each quote request and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Additional information is available at the links below
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- How Much are Oklahoma City Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Sonata? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Teenagers in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)