Are you at wits end from scraping the payment together to pay high insurance rates every month? You are no different than most other consumers in Oklahoma.
It’s amazing but a large majority of drivers have been with the same company for well over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Oklahoma City drivers can save as much as $600 each year just by comparing rates, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to shop their coverage around.
Companies like State Farm and GEICO continually bombard you with TV and radio ads and consumers find it hard to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and do the work needed to find the best deal.
If you’re already insured, you should be able to get lower rates using this strategy. Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Oklahoma City is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. But Oklahoma vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of how big insurance companies sell insurance online and use this information to your advantage.
Volkswagen Rabbit insurance discounts in Oklahoma City
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you might find some hidden discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some trigger automatically when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about before they will apply.
- Driving Data Discount – Policyholders that allow their insurance company to scrutinize driving habits by using a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
- Cautious Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Oklahoma City auto insurance quote than their less cautious counterparts.
- Smart Student Discounts – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of more than 20%.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Having multiple cars on the same insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
Large insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- Esurance may include discounts for defensive driver, DriveSense, Pac-12 alumni, renters, safety device, anti-theft, and paid-in-full.
- The Hartford includes discounts for defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, air bag, good student, and driver training.
- AAA discounts include multi-policy, multi-car, pay-in-full, good student, good driver, education and occupation, and anti-theft.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, daytime running lights, driver training, federal employee, and military active duty.
- State Farm offers discounts for good student, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, and accident-free.
Double check with every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Savings may not apply to policies everywhere.
When comparison shopping, making a lot of price comparisons increases the chance that you will find the best rates. Some smaller insurers do not give online Oklahoma City Rabbit insurance quotes, so it’s important to compare quotes from those companies as well.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Oklahoma City, OK. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When it comes to buying a policy for your personal vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether you may require specific advice.
- Should I rate my Volkswagen Rabbit as pleasure use or commute?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Oklahoma?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Oklahoma City car insurance agent
Many people still prefer to buy from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is you can get better rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this simple form, your insurance data is immediately sent to participating agents in Oklahoma City who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. There is no need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to you directly. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates without a big time investment. If you want to quote rates for a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good insurer requires more thought than just a low price. Any agent in Oklahoma City should be willing to answer these questions.
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Oklahoma City?
Oklahoma auto insurance companies ranked
Selecting the best auto insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many choices you have in Oklahoma. The information below could help you choose which companies to look at putting your business with.
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund, denial of a claim and even policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right insurance provider is not as hard as you think.
We just showed you a lot of techniques to reduce Volkswagen Rabbit insurance car insurance rates online in Oklahoma City. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a small mutual company.
Cheaper insurance in Oklahoma City can be found online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not offer internet price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell through local independent agencies.
Steps to finding low-cost Volkswagen Rabbit insurance in Oklahoma City
If you want to save the most money, the best way to quote cheaper auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from providers in Oklahoma City. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Read about how companies set rates and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like inattentive driving and poor credit can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A key point to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to look at every company you can. This enables a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below: