Having to pay for overpriced insurance in Oklahoma City can dwindle your budget and put a big crunch on your finances.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, a large majority of insurance policyholders kept their coverage with the same insurance company for four years or more, and roughly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. With the average insurance premium being $1,780, Oklahoma drivers could save up to 35% each year just by shopping around, but they feel it’s too difficult to find lower-cost insurance rates. Popular companies such as State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate promote their brand names with catchy ads and it can be hard to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Consumers should take time to price shop coverage occasionally because insurance prices tend to go up over time. Just because you had the lowest rates on Lexus LFA insurance in Oklahoma City at your last renewal there may be better deals available now. There is a lot of bad advice regarding LFA insurance online but we’re going to give you some proven techniques to save money.
Reducing your insurance rates is actually easier than you may think. All you need to do is take a couple of minutes comparing rates online with multiple companies.
Comparison shopping rates online is easy and it makes it obsolete to drive around to different Oklahoma City agent offices. Doing it all online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you require the extra assistance of a licensed agent. It is possible to compare the best prices online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in Oklahoma City, OK. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need to buy insurance
Even though Oklahoma City LFA insurance rates can get expensive, buying insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Lexus, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Lexus at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Lexus LFA but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average driver in Oklahoma is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
The Lexus LFA Insurance Rate Equation
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine your premiums. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that could help you find lower car insurance prices. Lots of factors are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but other factors are less apparent such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
- Bad credit will cost you – Your credit rating is likely to be a major factor in determining premium rates. So if your credit can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Lexus LFA if you clean up your credit. People with excellent credit tend to be less risk to insure than those with poor credit scores.
- Lower stress equals lower rates – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations such as military personnel, business owners, and emergency personnel are shown to have the highest average rates because of intense work-related stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, professions such as professors, athletes and the unemployed get better rates.
- Decrease prices by maintaining coverage – Not having insurance can get your license suspended and companies may charge more for letting your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. And not only will your rates increase, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you fines or a revoked license.
- Driver age impacts costs – More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations. Inexperience drivers are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted when driving so they pay higher car insurance rates.
- You might get higher prices if you are single – Getting married may cut your premiums compared to being single. It translates into being more mature and responsible and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Advanced alarms and GPS tracking – Choosing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Does insurance cost less for females? – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that women are BETTER drivers than men. They both cause at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. They also get higher numbers of serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Liability is peace of mind – The liability coverage on your policy will provide protection in the event that you are found to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense to defend your case. It is affordable coverage compared to other policy coverages, so buy as much as you can afford.
Discount Oklahoma City insurance quotes
Car insurance is not cheap, but you may find discounts that you may not even know about. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you complete an application, but a few must be manually applied before you get the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Good Student Discount – Maintaining excellent grades can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car instead of a used LFA can cost up to 25% less since newer models are generally safer.
- Driving Data Discount – Oklahoma City drivers who agree to allow companies to look at where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could save a few bucks if their driving habits are good.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
- Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Accident Waiver – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO allow you one accident before raising your premiums if you have no claims for a specific time period.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A partial list of companies that may offer quotes with many of the previously listed discounts possibly include:
It’s a good idea to ask each company which discounts they offer. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in every state. If you would like to view providers with the best Lexus LFA insurance discounts in Oklahoma, click here.
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
When it comes to choosing a policy for your vehicles, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions may help you determine if your situation might need professional guidance.
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Can good grades get a discount?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agents
A small number of people still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Most agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheap insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from local agencies is still important in Oklahoma City.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to drive around because prices are sent immediately to your email address. If you wish to get a rate quote from one company in particular, just go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Oklahoma City for you
When narrowing the list to find a local Oklahoma City insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Agencies in Oklahoma City are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types of agents can sell affordable insurance policies, but it’s good to learn how they differ since it could factor into the selection process.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type often have many company appointments and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house which makes it simple for you. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you get insurance quotes from several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Featured below are Oklahoma City independent agencies that may be able to give price quote information.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Oklahoma City that are able to give price quote information.
Picking an auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Oklahoma?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Oklahoma City?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Oklahoma City?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
Frequent quotes can save
We’ve covered a lot of information how to reduce Lexus LFA insurance rates online in Oklahoma City. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Lexus LFA rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
Insureds leave their current company for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, unfair underwriting practices, delays in paying claims or policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Steps to buying cheaper Lexus LFA insurance in Oklahoma City
Really, the only way to find low-cost car insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers in Oklahoma City. This can be done by following these steps.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how car insurance works and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many risk factors that increase rates like high-risk driving behaviors and an imperfect credit history can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new company. Immediately upon receiving it, safely store the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
An important note is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverages on each quote and and to compare as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
More detailed insurance information is available at these sites:
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Single Moms in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)