The preferred way to get more affordable Kia Sedona insurance is to regularly compare quotes from insurance carriers in Oklahoma City. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Learn about auto insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and a not-so-good credit score can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment for the new policy. When you receive it, place your new certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to try to compare the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get rates from every company you can. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
A recent study showed that a large majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for more than four years, and nearly half have never compared rate quotes at all. Oklahoma City consumers could save roughly 35% every year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to save money by comparing rate quotes.
Insurance Price Influencing Factors
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, although others are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
Driving citations hurt – Your driving citation history has a big impact on rates. Having a single chargeable violation can bump up the cost to the point where it’s not affordable. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have received dangerous citations like DUI or willful reckless driving may need to maintain a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
The information below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault accidents impact Kia Sedona annual premium costs for each age group. The data is based on a single male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Premiums for men may be higher – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean females are better drivers. Females and males get in at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species get into accidents with more damage. Men also statistically get higher numbers of serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers generally have the highest accident percentage and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
The example below compares Kia Sedona insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no claims or violations, full coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Drivers with good credit save on auto insurance – An insured’s credit history is likely to be a major factor in determining premium rates. If your credit history can be improved, you could save money insuring your Kia Sedona by taking the time to improve your credit score. Insureds that have very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with poor credit scores.
What are your comp and collision deductibles? – The deductibles you choose represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your car from damage. Some examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, collision with a deer, or theft of your vehicle. The more damage repair cost the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Big city or small town – Choosing to live in a small town is a positive aspect when it comes to auto insurance. Residents of big cities have to deal with more road rage incidents and a longer drive to work. Less people living in that area corresponds to lower accident rates and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Kia Sedona claim data – Insurers use past loss statistics for each vehicle when setting premium rates. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have higher rates for specific coverages. The information below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Kia Sedona vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles compiled together is represented as 100. Numbers that are below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance statistics for a Kia Sedona
The premium information shown next showcases different coverage costs for Kia Sedona models. Understanding more about how rate quotes are established can help customers make informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in specific zip code location which can alter premium rates substantially.
The chart below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can raise or lower Kia Sedona yearly insurance costs for different age groups. The data assumes a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Kia Sedona insurance in Oklahoma City
Some insurance providers don’t always publicize every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Oklahoma City auto insurance online. If you do not double check each discount possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more on Sedona insurance in Oklahoma City.
- Data Collection Discounts – People who choose to allow their company to scrutinize their driving habits by installing a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may get a rate reduction if their driving habits are good.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Kia could be rewarded with better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO will forgive one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims for a specific time period.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
Policy discounts save money, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like you could get a free insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
The chart below compares Kia Sedona annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premiums assume a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
For a list of insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Oklahoma, click here to view.
Compare but don’t skimp
When shopping online for car insurance, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Some insurance providers do not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through local independent agencies. Lower-priced Kia Sedona insurance in Oklahoma City can be purchased online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection.
Much more information about car insurance in Oklahoma can be found below:
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- How Much are Oklahoma City Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)