Truthfully, the best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Oklahoma City.
- Step 1: Learn about auto insurance and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and poor credit can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely. Read the full article for instructions to prevent expensive rate increases and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Oklahoma City. If you can save money, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the new company. Immediately keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One bit of advice is to use the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
It’s an obvious statement that car insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Drivers who compare rates once a year are very likely to switch companies because there are good odds of finding a lower-priced policy. A study discovered that people who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved $3,500 over four years compared to those who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Infiniti G35 insurance in Oklahoma City is your objective, then knowing the best way to shop and compare insurance coverage can help make the process easier and more efficient.
Buy Oklahoma City Infiniti G35 insurance online
To get low cost Oklahoma City car insurance quotes, there a variety of ways of comparing rates from different companies. One of the best ways to compare insurance prices consists of shopping online.
When comparing insurance rates, know that comparing a wide range of rates provides better odds of finding the best price. Some companies don’t provide Oklahoma City G35 insurance quotes online, so it’s important to compare price quotes from them, too.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Oklahoma City, OK. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Do you qualify for discounts on Infiniti G35 insurance in Oklahoma City?
Some insurers do not advertise all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of both the well known as well as the least known ways to save on car insurance.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Select insurance carriers reward you with a break if you buy a life policy as well.
- Student Discounts – Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Government Employees – Active or former government employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Oklahoma City car insurance but check with your company.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency and will qualify for a discount on a Oklahoma City car insurance quote.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Drivers who insure multiple vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, that’s just not realistic. Any amount of discount will reduce your overall premium however.
Popular car insurance companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for accident-free, annual mileage, multi-car, ease of repair, anti-theft, multi-policy, and age of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including distant student, pay in full, bundle discounts, switch companies, electronic funds transfer, good student, and multi-car.
- Farm Bureau has savings for good student, driver training, youthful driver, multi-policy, safe driver, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm may offer discounts for student away at school, passive restraint, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, and anti-theft.
- Allstate offers discounts for new car, good student, senior citizen, economy car, multi-policy, and anti-lock brakes.
- GEICO has discounts for anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, and emergency military deployment.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all the companies to give you their best rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available everywhere.
Can’t I get rate quotes from local Oklahoma City auto insurance agents?
A lot of people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find better rates and still choose a local agent. And providing support for local agencies is still important in Oklahoma City.
Upon completion of this quick form, the quote information is submitted to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You never need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
How to choose the best car insurance agent in Oklahoma City
If you want to buy auto insurance from a local agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Oklahoma City agents can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are appointed with more than one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies and potentially find a lower price. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you need lower rates, we recommend you include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most can insure with smaller regional carriers which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Oklahoma City who may provide competitive price quotes.
- Anderson Insurance
10325 Greenbriar Pl – Oklahoma City, OK 73159 – (405) 794-9500 – View Map
- Dan Ryan Insurance
6300 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73139 – (405) 631-6300 – View Map
- Lynnae Insurance Group
5119 N Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73118 – (405) 217-8851 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. These agents receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers sometimes buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Oklahoma City willing to provide rate quotes.
- Bob Stockton – State Farm Insurance Agent
4625 N May Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73112 – (405) 943-8373 – View Map
- Matt Pryor – State Farm Insurance Agent
2229 NW 138th St d – Oklahoma City, OK 73134 – (405) 749-8100 – View Map
- Jim Hoffhines – State Farm Insurance Agent
3838 NW 36th St #160 – Oklahoma City, OK 73112 – (405) 948-8881 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Is there a local claims center in Oklahoma City?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
Best car insurance in Oklahoma City
Selecting the top car insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies there are to choose from in Oklahoma. The company rank data listed below can help you analyze which insurers to look at when comparing rates.
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Car insurance coverages for an Infiniti G35
Learning about specific coverages of auto insurance aids in choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits (Oklahoma limits are 25/50/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
This protects you from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property that is your fault. Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for things like medical services, court costs, bail bonds and legal defense fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. Oklahoma requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The illustration below shows why buying low liability limits may not be adequate coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses such as doctor visits, chiropractic care and rehabilitation expenses. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage covers damage to your G35 resulting from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims like hitting a mailbox, scraping a guard rail and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. You can also raise the deductible on your G35 to save money on collision insurance.
This will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like hail damage, damage from flooding and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
One last thing about your coverage
People leave their current company for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, poor customer service, questionable increases in premium or even extreme rates for teen drivers. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company can be less work than you think.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Some insurance companies may not have internet price quotes and usually these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agents. Lower-priced Infiniti G35 insurance in Oklahoma City can be bought online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Additional insurance information can be found at the links below
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- How Much are Oklahoma City Car Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Oklahoma City Auto Insurance for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)