Would you like to stop wasting money and find more competitive car insurance rates in Oklahoma City, OK? Oklahoma City shoppers have options when shopping for the lowest priced Chevy Sonic insurance. You can either spend your time struggling with agents trying to get quotes or leverage the internet to compare rates. There are both good and bad ways to compare car insurance rates and we’ll show you the best way to quote coverages on a Chevy and get the lowest possible price either online or from Oklahoma City insurance agents.
The easiest way to compare rate quotes for Chevy Sonic insurance in Oklahoma City is to know the fact most of the larger companies pay for the opportunity to compare their rates. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide details including if you are currently licensed, the make and model of your vehicles, if the vehicle is leased, and the ages of drivers. That information is then submitted to multiple different insurance companies and you will get price comparisons with very little delay.
To start a quote now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Oklahoma City.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Oklahoma. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
Get affordable rates on Chevy Sonic insurance in Oklahoma City with these discounts
Some insurers don’t always publicize every available discount very clearly, so we researched a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known discounts that may be available.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car instead of a used Sonic can be considerably cheaper since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver’s education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Own a Home and Save – Simply owning a home can save you money because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to monitor driving manner by using a telematic data system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one isn’t a discount, but certain companies will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying a policy with several vehicles on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The best insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good driver, passive restraint, accident-free, multiple autos, safe vehicle, and driver’s education.
- GEICO discounts include emergency military deployment, driver training, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, and multi-policy.
- Allstate has savings for farm vehicle, multi-policy, good payer, teenSMART discount, EZ pay plan discount, new car, and passive restraint.
- SAFECO offers discounts for bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, and anti-theft.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including 55 and retired, driver training, safe driver, multi-policy, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive may include discounts for continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, good student, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- AAA may offer discounts for AAA membership discount, good student, multi-policy, pay-in-full, good driver, education and occupation, and anti-theft.
When quoting, ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts may not apply to policies everywhere. If you would like to view insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Oklahoma City, click here to view.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Oklahoma City car insurance agent
Many drivers just prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. Most agents can help you choose the best coverages and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is you may find lower rates and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this short form, your coverage information is sent to participating agents in Oklahoma City who can give free rate quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent since price quotes are sent directly to you. If you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you would need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking an insurance company should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Oklahoma City?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
When finding a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple types of agencies to choose from. Auto insurance agents may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both provide auto insurance policies, but we need to point out the difference in how they write coverage because it can factor into your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents work for only one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. Drivers often use the same agent partially due to loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
The following are Oklahoma City exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
- State Farm: Vicky Richey Insurance Agency Inc
8601 S Walker Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73139 – (405) 635-0677 – View Map
- Ed Dater – State Farm Insurance Agent
6700 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73139 – (405) 634-0504 – View Map
- Claire Faulkner-Truong – State Farm Insurance Agent
840 NW 50th St – Oklahoma City, OK 73118 – (405) 787-2626 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents often have many company appointments and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get several quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison. Most can insure with different regional companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Oklahoma City that are able to give price quote information.
- Econo-Wise Insurance Agency, Inc.
2705 SW 29th St – Oklahoma City, OK 73119 – (405) 682-6699 – View Map
- Action Plus Insurance Agency
9005 S May Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73159 – (405) 631-9009 – View Map
- Paul W. Meade Insurance Agency, Inc.
4220 N Classen Blvd – Oklahoma City, OK 73118 – (405) 524-1541 – View Map
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When selecting the best insurance coverage, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions might point out whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Insurance Cost Influencing Factors
Lots of things are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but some are not as apparent such as your marital status or your financial responsibility. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that come into play when calculating your premiums. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in lower rates.
- Occupation reflects on prices – Occupations like real estate brokers, social workers, and miners tend to pay higher premium rates in part from job stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, occupations like scientists, athletes and the unemployed receive lower rates.
- Avoid unnecessary add-on coverages – There are many additional extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying car insurance. Things like rental car reimbursement, accidental death, and membership fees may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate them to save money.
- Consider raising comp and collision deductibles – Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your Chevy. Examples of covered claims would be running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and damage from a fallen tree branch. The deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay before your car insurance pays a claim. The more expense you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Never let your car insurance policy lapse – Driving with no insurance is illegal and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. And not only will your rates increase, the inability to provide proof of insurance could earn you a steep fine or even jail time. You will then be forced to file a SR-22 with the Oklahoma department of motor vehicles.
Insurance loss data for Chevy Sonic vehicles – Auto insurance companies use historical loss data as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that historically have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have higher premium rates. The table below demonstrates the loss history for Chevy Sonic vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, equals 100. Values that are under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate frequent claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Chevrolet Sonic Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Sonic 104 132 91 167 189 159BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Protect more than your Chevy vehicle
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chevy Sonic in Oklahoma City, paying for car insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Sonic with a loan, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at a more expensive rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, car insurance preserves both your assets and your Chevy. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Chevy as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. As of last year, the average driver in Oklahoma is overpaying over $750 every year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Auto insurance companies ranked
Choosing a good quality auto insurance company is difficult considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Oklahoma. The ranking data below could help you decide which coverage providers you want to consider when comparing rates.
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Persistence will pay off
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can compare Chevy Sonic insurance premium rates in Oklahoma City. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Oklahoma City auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced full coverage only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Oklahoma City can be bought online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some companies may not have online price quotes and usually these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agencies.
How to buy affordable Chevy Sonic insurance in Oklahoma City
Really, the only way to find cheaper Chevy Sonic insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers who provide auto insurance in Oklahoma City.
First, read and learn about auto insurance and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like inattentive driving and a not-so-good credit score can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
Second, get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices from many different companies.
Third, compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you use identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to look at as many companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
Other learning opportunities
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- How Much are Oklahoma City Car Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)