The most effective way to get the cheapest Chevy Cruze insurance in Oklahoma City is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies who sell auto insurance in Oklahoma.
- Get a basic knowledge of individual coverages and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like accidents, traffic tickets, and your credit history can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on Cruze insurance. If you can save money and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for the new policy. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep your new certificate of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A crucial key to this process is to try to use similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rates from every company you can. This provides a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that most auto insurance policyholders kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never compared quotes from other companies. Many consumers in Oklahoma could pocket as much as 35% a year, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to do a rate comparison.
If you have insurance now, you will definitely be able to save money using the concepts you’re about to learn. This information will familiarize you with the most effective way to quote insurance and how you can save the most money. Nevertheless, Oklahoma consumers need to have an understanding of the way insurance companies price online insurance because rates are impacted by many factors.
Insurance Price Influencing Factors
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that can earn you big savings.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine your premiums.
- Where do you drive? – The higher the miles on your Chevy each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers rate vehicles determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It’s a good idea to make sure your car insurance policy shows annual mileage. Improper usage on your Cruze may be costing you higher rates.
- Better car insurance rates on cars with good safety ratings – Cars with high safety ratings cost less to insure. Highly rated vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and reduced instances of injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates.
- Does your job raise your rates? – Careers such as judges, police officers, and miners tend to have higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to high stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the flip side, careers like farmers, historians and the unemployed receive lower rates.
- Poor credit can mean higher premiums – A driver’s credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your premium rate. So if your credit rating could use some work, you could be paying less to insure your Chevrolet Cruze by improving your credit score. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit ratings.
- When should you not file claims? – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims don’t be surprised to see higher rates. Companies in Oklahoma give better rates to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. Your insurance policy is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Liability insurance preserves assets – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the coverage that protects you if ever you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Policy add-ons add up – There are many extra bells and whistles that can waste your money on your car insurance policy. Coverages for rental car coverage, death and dismemberment, and Farm Bureau memberships are examples of these. They may sound like good ideas when deciding what coverages you need, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Claims statistics for a Chevy Cruze – Insurers use statistical claims data to calculate a price that will offset losses. Models that the data determines to have increased losses will be charged more to insure.
The information below illustrates the loss history for Chevy Cruze vehicles. For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole is considered to be 100. Percentages below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Cruze Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Cruze 96 132 87 136 153 152BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheaper Oklahoma City auto insurance rates with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there may be some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at quote time, but a few need to be asked for before they will apply. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you could be paying more than you need to.
- College Student Discount – Kids who are attending college without a vehicle on campus may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of more than 20%.
- Life Insurance – Select auto insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting auto insurance coverage on a new Cruze can save you some money due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Government Employee Discount – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride. Any amount of discount should help reduce your premiums.
Large auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and good student.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for seat belt use, five-year accident-free, federal employee, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, and good student.
- State Farm discounts include defensive driving training, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, and student away at school.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including online shopper, renters, DriveSense, good driver, and defensive driver.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, air bag, anti-theft, and bundle.
If you need inexpensive Oklahoma City auto insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in Oklahoma City. To locate companies that offer many of these discounts in Oklahoma, click this link.
Cheap auto insurance rates are out there
As you shop your coverage around, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheaper Chevy Cruze insurance in Oklahoma City is attainable online and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not provide online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to lower your Chevy Cruze insurance prices in Oklahoma City. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Chevrolet Cruze rate quotes. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies.
More information is located at the links below
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Car Insurance Quotes for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- How Much are Oklahoma City Car Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)