A recent insurance study discovered that the vast majority of insurance customers have bought insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Oklahoma City drivers could save themselves as much as 35% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t know the benefits if they switched.
Truthfully, the best way to find cheaper prices for auto insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from different companies who can sell car insurance in Oklahoma City.
- Try to learn a little about how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as careless driving and an imperfect credit history can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Read the full article for tips to get low prices and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit payment and a completed application to the new company. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep the new certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to remember is to compare similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and the best price selection.
Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Oklahoma City is really not that difficult. If you’re already insured, you will surely be able to reduce premiums using the ideas covered in this article. But Oklahoma drivers must understand how insurance companies price insurance differently because rates fluctuate considerably.
The quickest method to get rate comparisons for Dodge Stratus insurance in Oklahoma City is to know most of the bigger providers actually pay money for the chance to compare their rates. All you need to do is provide a small amount of information such as if you have an active license, if a SR-22 is required, if you’re married, and how much education you have. Those rating factors is instantly submitted to insurance companies and they return quotes with very little delay.
To start a quote now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Oklahoma. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you get rates from several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Auto insurance in Oklahoma serves several purposes
Even though Oklahoma City Stratus insurance rates can get expensive, buying auto insurance is required in Oklahoma but it also protects you in many ways.
First, most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your car, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Dodge for a lot more money and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
Third, auto insurance protects not only your Dodge but also your financial assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Dodge as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Stratus definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in Oklahoma overpays as much as $830 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Six Things That Determine Your Insurance Costs
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand some of the things that help determine your premiums. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you lower car insurance prices. Many factors are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, although others are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
- High performance equals high costs – The type of car you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. The lowest performance passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Save money by having responsible credit – Credit score factor in determining your rates. Therefore, if your credit rating can use some improvement, you may save money insuring your Dodge Stratus by improving your credit score. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to file fewer claims than those with lower credit scores.
- Job can influence prices – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Jobs like fire fighters, airline pilots, and emergency personnel tend to pay higher premium rates due to job stress and lots of time spent away from family. Other careers such as scientists, engineers and the unemployed have lower than average premiums.
- How do annual miles impact rates? – The more you drive in a year the higher your rates will be. Most insurance companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that have low annual miles can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Ask your agent if your car insurance policy properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle. A policy that improperly rates your Stratus is throwing money out the window.
- Marriage is a good thing – Having a spouse actually saves money on your policy. Having a significant other usually means you are less irresponsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Cheaper premiums for prior coverage – Driving with no insurance is illegal and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will you pay more, the inability to provide proof of insurance can result in fines or a revoked license. You could then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Oklahoma department of motor vehicles.
Dodge Stratus insurance discounts in Oklahoma City
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but a few must be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could earn a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find the cheapest Dodge Stratus insurance in Oklahoma City.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than less cautious drivers.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Federal Employees – Federal government employees can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
- Driver Training Discounts – Participating in a driver safety course is a good idea and can lower rates and make you a better driver.
As a sidenote, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A list of insurance companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including emergency military deployment, membership and employees, military active duty, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO discounts include accident prevention training, homeowner, bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, anti-theft, and drive less.
- State Farm may have discounts that include accident-free, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, driver’s education, multiple policy, and multiple autos.
- MetLife may offer discounts for good student, claim-free, defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, multi-policy
- 21st Century has discounts for air bags, early bird, student driver, good student, homeowners, and automatic seat belts.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for good student, online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, and multi-policy.
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies to apply every possible discount. Discounts may not be offered in your state. To choose providers with the best discounts in Oklahoma City, click this link.
Neighborhood Oklahoma City auto insurance agents
Many people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheap insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the quote information is sent to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your computer since price quotes are sent directly to your email. You can find better rates without a big time investment. If you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Does their agency support local causes in Oklahoma City?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- If they are an independent agency in Oklahoma City, which companies do they recommend?
- How long has their agency been open in Oklahoma City?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
If you would like to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents to choose from. Agencies in Oklahoma City can be categorized as either independent or exclusive.
These agents can only provide one company’s prices such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers frequently buy from the same agent for years partially due to the brand rather than low price.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Oklahoma City that are able to give price quote information.
- Mike Earles – State Farm Insurance Agent
12220 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73170 – (405) 691-1115 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Todd Jackson
5909 Northwest Expy #105 – Oklahoma City, OK 73132 – (405) 722-5858 – View Map
- Rita Wallenberg – State Farm Insurance Agent
2833 SW 119th St – Oklahoma City, OK 73170 – (405) 691-2464 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not locked into one company so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will want to get quotes from independent agents for maximum quote selection. They often place coverage with small mutual carriers that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Oklahoma City that can give you price quotes.
- Copeland Insurance
5002 S Anderson Rd – Oklahoma City, OK 73150 – (405) 737-6231 – View Map
- Knight’s Insurance Agency
3825 NW 23rd St – Oklahoma City, OK 73107 – (405) 946-0111 – View Map
- Premier Insurance
3232 W Britton Rd # 150 – Oklahoma City, OK 73120 – (405) 285-4040 – View Map
You can find cheap coverage
When buying insurance coverage, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We’ve covered some good ideas how to reduce Dodge Stratus insurance prices online in Oklahoma City. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Oklahoma City auto insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest prices come from a small local company.
Budget-conscious Dodge Stratus insurance can be sourced on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get quotes online and these small insurance companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
Other learning opportunities
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Female in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)