The preferred way to get budget auto insurance rates in Oklahoma City is to regularly compare prices from different companies that insure vehicles in Oklahoma. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- First, read and learn about how auto insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a poor credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Read the full article for more details to lower rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to use identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
It’s safe to assume that auto insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Insureds who compare rates once a year are likely to switch companies because of the good chance of finding a more affordable policy premium. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved $72 a month compared to other drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the best price on auto insurance in Oklahoma City is why you’re here, then having a grasp of how to choose a company and compare car insurance can help you be more efficient.
Compare free Oklahoma City Dodge Ram insurance price quotes
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Oklahoma City, OK. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance coverage analysis
The rate information displayed below showcases different insurance prices for Dodge Ram models. Understanding more about how car insurance premiums are figured can be valuable when making smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$332||$562||$572||$34||$172||$1,672||$139|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$374||$684||$572||$34||$172||$1,836||$153|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$374||$684||$572||$34||$172||$1,836||$153|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$374||$684||$572||$34||$172||$1,836||$153|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$374||$684||$572||$34||$172||$1,836||$153|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$374||$684||$572||$34||$172||$1,836||$153|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$374||$684||$572||$34||$172||$1,836||$153|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$374||$684||$572||$34||$172||$1,836||$153|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$374||$684||$572||$34||$172||$1,836||$153|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$418||$804||$572||$34||$172||$2,000||$167|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$418||$804||$572||$34||$172||$2,000||$167|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$418||$804||$572||$34||$172||$2,000||$167|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$418||$804||$572||$34||$172||$2,000||$167|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$418||$804||$572||$34||$172||$2,000||$167|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$418||$804||$572||$34||$172||$2,000||$167|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$418||$804||$572||$34||$172||$2,000||$167|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$418||$804||$572||$34||$172||$2,000||$167|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$418||$804||$572||$34||$172||$2,000||$167|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$418||$926||$572||$34||$172||$2,122||$177|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$418||$926||$572||$34||$172||$2,122||$177|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in specific location information which can alter insurance rates greatly.
The information below demonstrates how deductible levels and can influence Dodge Ram annual premium costs for each different age group. The prices are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The diagram below compares Dodge Ram auto insurance rates with full coverage and liability only. The rate quotes are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There isn’t a written rule to stop buying comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Dodge Ram settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $200 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not recommended. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is mandatory in Oklahoma but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most banks will stipulate that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Dodge for a lot more money and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves your car and your assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Dodge gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average American driver overpays more than $869 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
What Determines Dodge Ram Insurance Rates?
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that help calculate the price you pay for insurance. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that could help you find lower premium levels.
Inexpensive frequent policy claims are not good – Insurance companies in Oklahoma provide the best rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you file claims often, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
City dwellers may pay more – Having an address in less populated areas of the country has definite advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer drivers on the road means reduced accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. Residents of big cities regularly have more auto accidents and longer commutes to work. Higher commute times means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
Cheaper rates after marriage – Having a wife or husband may cut your premiums on insurance. Having a significant other is viewed as being less irresponsible and insurance companies like that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Good credit saves on insurance – An insured’s credit history is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with bad credit. If your credit score could use some work, you could save money insuring your Dodge Ram by repairing your credit.
Avoid policy lapses – Driving without insurance coverage in place is a misdemeanor and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Low physical damage deductibles cost more – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, collision with a deer, and damage caused by road hazards. The more money the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Bad drivers pay high prices – Just one moving violation can boost insurance rates by twenty percent. Drivers with clean records have lower premiums compared to bad drivers. Drivers with multiple tickets like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 form with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
The illustration below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault claims drive up Dodge Ram insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. Data assumes a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Type of vehicle determines base costs – The make and model of the vehicle you need to insure makes a substantial difference in your premium level. Lower cost passenger vehicles generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The next chart uses these variables: single female driver age 50, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Dodge Ram insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have different performances.
Which is the best car insurance?
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Dodge Ram?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Is a driver training discount available?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Affordable car insurance prices are available
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, delays in responding to claim requests, lack of trust in their agent and even poor customer service. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company can be easier than you think.
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to compare Dodge Ram insurance rates in Oklahoma City. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company.
Lower-priced Dodge Ram insurance in Oklahoma City is attainable from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some car insurance companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
More tips and info about car insurance is available in these articles:
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- How Much is Oklahoma City Car Insurance for Veterans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)