It’s safe to conclude that insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Insureds who get comparison quotes once a year will presumably switch auto insurance companies because there is a good probability of finding lower rate quotes. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who compared prices regularly saved an average of $70 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the lowest price for insurance is the reason you’re here, then understanding how to quote and compare auto insurance can make it easier to find better rates.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to save money on auto insurance rates is to compare prices annually from different companies in Oklahoma City. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like high-risk driving behaviors and poor credit history can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely. Keep reading for the details to help keep prices low and find overlooked discounts.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple insurance companies. View insurance agents
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find better rates, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new company. Immediately upon receiving it, place the new proof of insurance certificate in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to remember is to make sure you enter similar coverage information on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many different companies as possible. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
If you are insured now, you stand a good chance to be able to save money using the concepts you’re about to learn. Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Oklahoma City can be easy if you know a few tricks. But Oklahoma car owners must comprehend how big insurance companies determine prices because rates are impacted by many factors.
The best way to compare car insurance rates for Dodge Magnum insurance in Oklahoma City is to realize most larger insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to provide you with a free rate quote. The only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information such as if it has an anti-theft system, if you went to college, if you lease or own, and level of coverage desired. Your rating data is instantly sent to all major companies and you will receive price estimates almost instantly.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Dodge Magnum now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Oklahoma City.
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Oklahoma. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Three reasons car insurance is important
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Dodge Magnum in Oklahoma City, maintaining insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost all lenders will require you to have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Dodge for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Car insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so it’s important to compare rates every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Get lower-cost rates on Dodge Magnum insurance in Oklahoma City with these auto insurance discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits available to you.
- Smart Student Discounts – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but a few companies such as Allstate, State Farm and GEICO will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car model can be considerably cheaper because newer models are generally safer.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on your bill.
- Resident Student – Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Oklahoma City Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings since owning and maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you aren’t that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will help lower the cost of coverage.
Insurance companies that may have most of the discounts above include:
If you need affordable Oklahoma City car insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts might not be offered in your area.
You may need advice from an insurance agency
Some consumers just want to get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheap car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from neighborhood agents is important especially in Oklahoma City.
After filling out this quick form, the quote information is sent to participating agents in Oklahoma City that provide free Oklahoma City car insurance quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can find better rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
The different types of car insurance agents
If you are wanting to find a local Oklahoma City insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents in Oklahoma City may be either exclusive or independent.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents do not have single company limitations so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get rate quotes from independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
The following are independent insurance agencies in Oklahoma City that may be able to give price quotes.
Dan Ryan Insurance
6300 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73139 – (405) 631-6300 – View Map
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are highly trained in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Oklahoma City who can help you get comparison quotes.
Deciding on an insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- How many years have they been established?
Affordable insurance rates are possible
You just learned a lot of information how to reduce Dodge Magnum insurance premium rates online in Oklahoma City. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Lower-priced Dodge Magnum insurance in Oklahoma City can be sourced on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
More learning opportunities
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tundra? (FAQ)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)