Would you like to find more affordable insurance rates in Oklahoma City, OK? Oklahoma City consumers have a choice when looking for the lowest priced Dodge Dakota insurance. You can either spend your time calling around to compare prices or use the internet to compare rates.
There are both good and bad ways to shop for insurance so you’re going to learn the proper way to get price quotes on a Dodge and find the lowest possible price either online or from Oklahoma City insurance agents.
Lowering your Dodge Dakota insurance rates is a great way to save money. Drivers just need to take time comparing rate quotes to find the company with affordable Oklahoma City auto insurance quotes.
The providers in the list below provide free quotes in Oklahoma City, OK. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Analysis of Dodge Dakota rates
The coverage information shown next highlights different policy rates for Dodge Dakota models. Learning a little about how premiums are established can help drivers make smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 2WD||$306||$642||$578||$34||$172||$1,732||$144|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 2WD||$306||$642||$578||$34||$172||$1,732||$144|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 2WD||$352||$642||$578||$34||$172||$1,778||$148|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 2WD||$352||$642||$578||$34||$172||$1,778||$148|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 2WD||$352||$756||$578||$34||$172||$1,892||$158|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 2WD||$352||$756||$578||$34||$172||$1,892||$158|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 4WD||$396||$642||$462||$28||$138||$1,666||$139|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 4WD||$396||$642||$462||$28||$138||$1,666||$139|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 2WD||$396||$756||$578||$34||$172||$1,936||$161|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 4WD||$396||$642||$462||$28||$138||$1,666||$139|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 4WD||$396||$642||$462||$28||$138||$1,666||$139|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 4WD||$396||$642||$462||$28||$138||$1,666||$139|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$396||$756||$462||$28||$138||$1,780||$148|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$396||$756||$462||$28||$138||$1,780||$148|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 4WD||$396||$756||$462||$28||$138||$1,780||$148|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 4WD||$442||$756||$462||$28||$138||$1,826||$152|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in specific location which can affect premiums greatly.
Annual premiums comparing men and women in Oklahoma City
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Dakota insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no violations or accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Full coverage or liability only
The diagram below shows the difference between Dodge Dakota insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Oklahoma minimum liability coverage. Data assumes no claims or violations, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no written rule of when to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Dodge Dakota replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $5,000 after paying your deductible. If premium cost is more than $500 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some conditions where eliminating full coverage is not advised. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not drop full coverage.
Three reasons to insure your Dakota
Despite the high insurance cost for a Dodge Dakota in Oklahoma City, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Dakota with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Dodge at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your Dodge Dakota but also your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average driver in Oklahoma is wasting up to $869 every year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to save money.
Six Tips to Get More Affordable Oklahoma City Insurance Rates
Lots of factors are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but some are less apparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
Shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by your company to calculate your rate level.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – Auto insurance companies in Oklahoma provide better rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Insurance rates for married couples – Walking down the aisle helps lower the price on auto insurance. It translates into being more responsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Liability preserves assets – Liability coverage will provide protection if you are determined to be liable for personal injury or accident damage. Your liability coverage provides legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
How’s your driving record? – Drivers with clean records have lower premiums as compared to those with violations. Having a single speeding ticket may cause rates to rise to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who have received serious citations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may find they need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state’s licensing department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The illustration below illustrates how violations and at-fault fender-benders can increase Dodge Dakota insurance costs for each age group. The premiums assume a married female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
- Miles driven impacts premiums – The more you drive your Dodge every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most companies calculate rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. An improperly rated Dakota may be costing you higher rates. It’s always a good idea to double check that your auto insurance policy correctly shows the proper vehicle usage.
- Do you really need roadside assistance? – Policies have optional add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time but may not be useful. Coverage for things like rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness, and Farm Bureau memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea at first, but if you don’t need them consider taking them off your policy.
Score discounts on Oklahoma City car insurance
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may be missing some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain credits will be shown at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit. If you’re not getting every credit available, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with multiple cars with one company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% with a few car insurance companies.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive better car insurance rates.
- Pay Early and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on your bill.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices have a lower chance of being stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts up to 30%.
- Paper-free Discount – A handful of car insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks get Oklahoma City auto insurance on your computer.
Policy discounts save money, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Dodge Dakota premium costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no violations or claims, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- GEICO offers discounts for anti-theft, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, driver training, federal employee, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO discounts include accident prevention training, multi-car, anti-theft, drive less, and bundle discounts.
- State Farm may have discounts that include student away at school, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, and defensive driving training.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for good student, good driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
- 21st Century has savings for anti-lock brakes, homeowners, early bird, defensive driver, and automatic seat belts.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
If you need the cheapest Dodge Dakota rate quotes, ask all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in Oklahoma City. If you would like to see a list of providers with significant discounts in Oklahoma, click here to view.
When to get professional advice
Always remember that when buying proper insurance coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Insurance agencies near you
Many drivers still like to have an agent’s advice and that can be a smart move Insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get better rates but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is important particularly in Oklahoma City.
Once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents that provide free Oklahoma City auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Not all auto insurance agents are the same
If you want to use a reliable insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of agencies from which to choose. Agencies in Oklahoma City are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types can insure your vehicles properly, but we need to point out the difference in the companies they write for since it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not limited to a single company so they can insure your vehicles through many different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, you will want to compare prices from a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Oklahoma City that can possibly get you price quotes.
- AIM Insurance Agency LLC
3200 N May Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73112 – (405) 949-9977 – View Map
- Multi Quote Insurance
2101 SW 71st St – Oklahoma City, OK 73159 – (405) 604-5999 – View Map
- Premier Insurance
3232 W Britton Rd # 150 – Oklahoma City, OK 73120 – (405) 285-4040 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only write with one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Oklahoma City that are able to give price quotes.
- Becky Stevens – State Farm Insurance Agent
7105 W Hefner Rd – Oklahoma City, OK 73162 – (405) 722-0004 – View Map
- Charles Reagan – State Farm Insurance Agent
5001 N Pennsylvania Ave #305 – Oklahoma City, OK 73112 – (405) 840-3731 – View Map
- Ed Dater – State Farm Insurance Agent
6700 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73139 – (405) 634-0504 – View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Before buying a policy in Oklahoma City, get answers to these questions.
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Oklahoma?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
Cheap coverage is out there
Affordable Dodge Dakota insurance in Oklahoma City is available online and also from your neighborhood Oklahoma City agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
When you buy Oklahoma City auto insurance online, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
We covered a lot of tips how to save on Dodge Dakota insurance in Oklahoma City. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Dodge Dakota insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest car insurance rates come from a small local company.
How to save on Dodge Dakota insurance in Oklahoma City
The recommended way to find discount Dodge Dakota insurance in Oklahoma City is to regularly compare prices from insurers who provide car insurance in Oklahoma.
Step 1: Get an understanding of what is in your policy and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many things that cause rate increases such as careless driving and a less-than-favorable credit history can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available in Oklahoma City. If you find a better price and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new company. Be sure to keep the new proof of insurance paperwork in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of this process is to make sure you enter the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get quotes from all possible companies. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Additional detailed information can be found at these sites:
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Low Mileage Drivers in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Good Credit in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)