Are you a victim of high-priced Volvo C30 insurance in Oklahoma City? It’s a common feeling and you are not the only one feeling buyer’s remorse.
Unbelievable but true according to a study nearly 70% of drivers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Drivers in Oklahoma can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare other rate quotes.
Multiple car insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, and it can be difficult to compare rates to find the lowest rate possible on Volvo C30 insurance in Oklahoma City.
Companies offer many discounts on Volvo C30 insurance in Oklahoma City
Some insurance providers do not list their entire list of discounts very clearly, so we took the time to find some of the best known and also the lesser-known ways to save on car insurance.
- Accident Waiver – Not necessarily a discount, but a few companies such as Progressive and Allstate may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims before the accident.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them before your current coverage expires. You may see this discount when you get Oklahoma City auto insurance quotes online.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have all your vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking time to complete a defensive driver class could possibly earn you a 5% discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with the same company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Low Miles Discount – Fewer annual miles on your Volvo may allow you to get substantially lower premium rates.
- Driver Education Discount – Have your child take driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may be able to get better car insurance rates.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works.
The example below shows the difference between Volvo C30 insurance rates with and without policy discounts. The costs are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- Progressive offers discounts including continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, good student, and online signing.
- SAFECO includes discounts for drive less, accident prevention training, teen safe driver, safe driver, bundle discounts, and anti-theft.
- American Family has savings for Steer into Savings, accident-free, TimeAway discount, good student, and mySafetyValet.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, good driver, accident-free, good student, claim-free, defensive driver
- GEICO may offer discounts for air bags, multi-policy, federal employee, driver training, and anti-lock brakes.
- The Hartford discounts include air bag, bundle, anti-theft, good student, vehicle fuel type, and defensive driver.
When quoting, ask every company how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in Oklahoma City. If you would like to view companies who offer discounts in Oklahoma, click here.
The quickest way to compare car insurance company rates for Volvo C30 insurance in Oklahoma City is to take advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies provide online access to give rate comparisons. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide a small amount of information such as whether your vehicle is owned or leased, how you use your vehicles, if you are currently licensed, and which vehicles you own. Your information is instantly submitted to multiple different insurance companies and you get price estimates immediately.
To start a quote now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Oklahoma City.
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Oklahoma City, OK. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Analysis of Volvo C30 rates
The premium table displayed next outlines a range of policy rates for Volvo C30 models. Understanding how policy rates are established can help drivers make smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|C30 T5 R-Design||$396||$756||$462||$28||$138||$1,780||$148|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location which can revise rates substantially.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The information below shows the difference between Volvo C30 insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Oklahoma minimum liability coverage. The premiums are based on no claims or violations, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no definitive formula of when to stop paying for full coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Volvo C30 claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying more than $200 a year for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some situations where dropping full coverage is not in your best interest. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not buy liability only.
Local neighborhood Oklahoma City car insurance agents
Many people just want to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is you can get lower rates and still choose a local agent. Buying insurance from local agents is important especially in Oklahoma City.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your business. You don’t have to contact an agency as quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. If you want to compare prices for a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Different types of car insurance agents in Oklahoma City
If you want to buy auto insurance from a reputable agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents in Oklahoma City can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents can quote rates with many companies so as a result can place your coverage through many different auto insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If your premiums go up, your agent can just switch to a different company which is easy for the insured.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s a good idea to get quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Below is a small list of independent agents in Oklahoma City that may be able to provide free rate quotes.
These type of agents are contracted to one company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents.
The following are Oklahoma City exclusive insurance agents that can give you comparison quotes.
Marcia Corcoran – State Farm Insurance Agent
3135 NW 63rd St b – Oklahoma City, OK 73116 – (405) 848-8878 – View Map
Choosing a auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Oklahoma City should be forthright in answering these questions:
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
Cover all your bases
Discount Volvo C30 insurance in Oklahoma City can be purchased online and with local Oklahoma City insurance agents, so get free Oklahoma City auto insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
We covered a lot of information how to save on Volvo C30 insurance in Oklahoma City. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
How to buy lower priced Volvo C30 insurance in Oklahoma City
The recommended way to find affordable car insurance rates is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers in Oklahoma City.
First, get a basic knowledge of how car insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like careless driving and a negative credit score can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies. View companies
Third, compare the new rates to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper C30 coverage is available in Oklahoma City. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
An important part of this process is to make sure you’re comparing the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. This enables a fair rate comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Additional insurance information can be read at the links below
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Car Insurance Quotes for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Oklahoma City Auto Insurance for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Oklahoma City Auto Insurance for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)