Truthfully, the best way to quote cheaper Subaru WRX insurance in Oklahoma City is to do an annual price comparison from providers who sell insurance in Oklahoma. This can be done by completing these steps.
- First, try to comprehend car insurance and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as getting speeding tickets and poor credit can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Continue reading for tips to get lower rates and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Second, compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers. Start a quote
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a completed application to the newly selected company. Immediately upon receiving it, put the certificate of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
One thing to point out is to make sure you enter the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get price estimates from every insurance company. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
It’s an obvious assumption that car insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. People who compare price quotes are very likely to buy a new policy because of the good chance of getting low-cost coverage. A recent study showed that consumers who compared rates regularly saved as much as $70 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If saving money on Subaru WRX insurance is your target objective, then having an understanding of how to choose a company and compare cheaper coverage can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
If you currently have auto insurance, you will be able to cut your premiums using the ideas presented in this article. Comparing rates for more affordable auto insurance policy in Oklahoma City is not as hard as you may think. Although Oklahoma consumers must understand how insurance companies market insurance on the web and use this information to your advantage.
The quickest method to compare car insurance company rates for Subaru WRX insurance in Oklahoma City is to take advantage of the fact car insurance companies allow for online access to provide you with a free rate quote. The only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details such as your occupation, whether the vehicles are used for commuting, whether or not you need a SR-22, and the type of vehicles you drive. Your insurance information is automatically sent to many different companies and you will get price comparisons with very little delay.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Oklahoma City.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Oklahoma. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Cheaper Oklahoma City insurance rates with discounts
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but there are discounts available that you may not know about. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but some discounts are required to be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers that enable driving data submission to look at driving manner by installing a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive a slight reduction on a Oklahoma City car insurance quote.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with a few insurance companies.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military can result in better insurance rates.
You can save money using discounts, but some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will reduce the cost of coverage.
Popular insurance companies and a selection of discounts include:
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and good student.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for claim-free, multi-policy, good student, defensive driver, accident-free, good driver
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for annual mileage, multi-policy, ease of repair, professional/association, and low natural disaster claims.
- Nationwide offers discounts for anti-theft, defensive driving, multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, family plan, and easy pay.
- GEICO has discounts for membership and employees, military active duty, good student, five-year accident-free, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- AAA has savings for good student, anti-theft, multi-policy, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, and good driver.
If you want the cheapest Subaru WRX rate quotes, ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply everywhere. To see insurance companies that offer discounts in Oklahoma City, click here to view.
Independent or exclusive insurance agents
Some people just want to go talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents that provide free Oklahoma City car insurance quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered to you. You can find better rates AND a local agent. If you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Picking a company is decision based upon more than just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Does their agency support local causes in Oklahoma City?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
If you need to find a local agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type generally can only insure with one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers often use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below are exclusive agents in Oklahoma City willing to provide comparison quotes.
- David Hoffhines – State Farm Insurance Agent
6444 Northwest Expy #450 – Oklahoma City, OK 73132 – (405) 787-1111 – View Map
- Jim Hoffhines – State Farm Insurance Agent
3838 NW 36th St #160 – Oklahoma City, OK 73112 – (405) 948-8881 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
6218 Northwest Expy – Oklahoma City, OK 73132 – (405) 384-1518 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent are not restricted to one company and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing insurance rates, you definitely need to get several quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following are Oklahoma City independent agencies that can give you price quotes.
- Multi Quote Insurance
2101 SW 71st St – Oklahoma City, OK 73159 – (405) 604-5999 – View Map
- Courtesy Insurance Agency
324 W Hefner Rd – Oklahoma City, OK 73114 – (405) 755-4571 – View Map
- Bigbie, Hensley and Janway Insurance Agency
5532 N Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73118 – (405) 235-0036 – View Map
After talking to the agent and getting good responses to any questions you have as well as an affordable premium quote, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that is professional and can properly insure your vehicles. Just be aware that you are able to cancel your coverage at any point so never assume that you are permanently stuck with a specific company for the full policy term.
Everyone needs different car insurance coverages
When it comes to insurance from an agent or online, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if you may require specific advice.
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Seven factors that impact insurance premiums
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that are used to determine auto insurance rates. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get cheaper rates.
The factors shown below are a few of the “ingredients” used by companies to determine your rate level.
Use but don’t abuse your insurance – Insurance companies in Oklahoma generally give the best rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for more catastrophic claims.
Accidents can be expensive – Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Just one speeding ticket or other violation can increase the cost of insurance by twenty percent. People who have careless violations such as DUI or reckless driving may find they need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state in order to continue driving.
Does your employer cost you more? – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Careers such as fire fighters, business owners, and dentists generally have the highest rates attributed to intense work situations and long work hours. Conversely, careers such as scientists, engineers and homemakers get better rates.
Age of drivers impacts costs – More experienced drivers are more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are generally more financially stable. Young drivers are known to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
Low comp and collision deductibles cost more – Comp and collision deductibles are how much the insured will be required to pay if the claim is covered. Insurance for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of covered claims are rear-ending another vehicle, animal collisions, and damage from wind. The higher the amount you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Never let your auto insurance policy lapse – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a quick way to increase your auto insurance rates. In addition to paying higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance could earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may then be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Oklahoma department of motor vehicles.
Rental and towing coverage may not be needed – There are quite a few extra coverages that you can buy on your auto insurance policy. Things like rental car coverage, towing, and additional equipment coverage are some examples. They may seem good when buying your policy, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
Subaru WRX statistical loss data – Companies use past insurance losses to help determine costs. Vehicles that are shown to have higher frequency or amount of claims will be charged more to insure. The information below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Subaru WRX vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is set at 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage values above 100 point to more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Subaru WRX 4WD||141||82||158||94||81||84|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Choosing the best Subaru vehicle insurance in Oklahoma is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Subaru WRX in Oklahoma City, paying for insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your WRX with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Subaru at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
Third, insurance protects not only your Subaru WRX but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $850 per year so it’s important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Compare rates regularly to save
Budget-friendly insurance in Oklahoma City can be found on the web in addition to many Oklahoma City insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers may not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, poor customer service, being labeled a high risk driver or even high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tundra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)