The best way to find better pricing on Saturn Astra insurance is to regularly compare prices from companies in Oklahoma City.
- Learn about how auto insurance works and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many factors that cause high rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and an unacceptable credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper Astra coverage is available in Oklahoma City. If you find a better price, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new policy. Once the application is submitted, put the proof of insurance paperwork with the vehicle registration.
One important bit of advice is that you’ll want to compare similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Regrettably, the vast majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Consumers in Oklahoma City could save about 35% each year, but they don’t invest the time required to do a rate comparison.
Affordable companies for Saturn Astra insurance in Oklahoma
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Oklahoma. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
Get cheaper rates by taking advantage of discounts
Companies do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down some of the best known and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Oklahoma City car insurance online.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Multi-line Discount – Some companies give a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
As a sidenote, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. But all discounts should help lower your policy cost.
To see a list of insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Oklahoma, click here to view.
Informed Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Prices
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that are used to determine the rates you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with better insurance rates. Lots of factors are considered when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but others are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or your commute time.
- Raising deductibles saves money – Deductibles for physical damage define how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. Physical damage protection, aka comp and collision, protects your car from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are colliding with a stationary object, damage caused by hail, or theft of your vehicle. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your insurance will be.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – The majority of insurance companies give better rates to policyholders that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can add up to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even with this discount applied, it’s still a good idea to compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still save money even if you insure with multiple companies
- Youthful drivers pay more – Youthful drivers in Oklahoma are statistically shown to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving with friends therefore insurance rates are much higher. More experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – There are many extra add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you don’t pay attention. Coverages like vanishing deductibles, towing coverage, and term life insurance may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them from your policy.
- Rural areas have lower rates – Choosing to live in areas with lower population is a good thing when it comes to insurance. Lower population means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Urban drivers have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and more severe claims. Higher commute times translates into higher accident risk.
- Allowing your coverage to lapse raises insurance rates – Having a gap between insurance policy dates can be a quick way to trigger a rate increase. In addition to paying higher premiums, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in fines and jail time.
- Careless drivers pay higher costs – Careful drivers receive lower rates than bad drivers. Getting just one citation may increase your cost to the point where it’s not affordable. People who have multiple citations such as DUI or willful reckless driving are required to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Don’t skimp on liability – The liability coverage on your policy will afford coverage when you are determined to be liable for damages caused by your negligence. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Will just any policy work for me?
When quoting and comparing coverage online or from an agent, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Your situation is unique so this has to be addressed.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- Is my Saturn Astra covered for smoke damage?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- What states are considered no-fault?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
You may need help from a local insurance agent
A lot of people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent. Agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get better rates and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. If you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting a company should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Oklahoma?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
If you feel you receive reasonable responses to these questions and a low price estimate, you may have just found an insurance company that can be trusted to service your policy.
Best auto insurance company in Oklahoma City
Buying coverage from a good quality car insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies are available to choose from in Oklahoma. The information displayed below can help you pick which car insurance companies to look at when shopping around.
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Cover all your bases
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped full coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
We’ve covered a lot of information how to lower your Saturn Astra insurance premium rates in Oklahoma City. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Oklahoma City car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates are with the smaller companies. Regional companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
Additional auto insurance information can be read at these links:
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Oklahoma City Auto Insurance for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Young Drivers in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)