If you want to save money, the best way to get budget Nissan Frontier insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies in Oklahoma City. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Try to learn about how companies set rates and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as speeding tickets, careless driving and an imperfect credit history can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates for many different companies. View companies
- Compare the new rates to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Oklahoma City. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Give notification to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the newly selected company. Immediately upon receiving it, place your new certificate of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
An important part of this process is to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote and to quote with as many car insurance companies as possible. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
We don’t have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. People who rate shop once a year are inclined to switch companies because of the good chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent auto insurance study discovered that drivers who make a habit of shopping around saved on average $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If saving money on Nissan Frontier insurance in Oklahoma City is the reason you’re here, then having a good understanding the best ways to shop for insurance premiums can make it easier for you to save money.
If you currently have auto insurance, you will surely be able to get lower rates using the techniques presented in this article. Our goal in writing this article help educate you on how auto insurance companies operate and how you can save the most money. Nevertheless, Oklahoma consumers do need to learn the way companies set your policy premium because rates fluctuate considerably.
Most larger insurance companies allow you to get prices directly from their websites. Getting quotes for Nissan Frontier insurance in Oklahoma City is pretty easy as you just type in the coverage amounts you desire as detailed in the form. When the form is submitted, the system automatically orders credit information and your driving record and generates pricing information determined by many factors.
This streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s necessary to get many rate quotes if you are searching for the lowest payment.
If you want to get comparison pricing now, check out the car insurance providers below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you copy deductibles and limits just like they are on your policy. Doing this assures you will have a fair comparison for similar coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Oklahoma. If several companies are displayed, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Companies offer many types of discounts on Nissan Frontier insurance in Oklahoma City
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not know about. Certain reductions will be credited when you quote, but occasionally some discounts must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some car insurance companies provide a discount for switching to them before your current coverage expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Oklahoma City car insurance online.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Teen drivers should enroll in driver’s education in school.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with one company you could save up to 20% and get you affordable Nissan Frontier insurance rates in Oklahoma City.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking time to complete a safe driver course could save 5% or more if you qualify.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works.
The example below illustrates the difference between Nissan Frontier car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The prices are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-car, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- AAA offers premium reductions for good student, multi-policy, good driver, multi-car, education and occupation, pay-in-full, and AAA membership discount.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for multi-car, bundle discounts, homeowner, mature driver, distant student, good student, and early shopping.
- GEICO has discounts for defensive driver, federal employee, military active duty, membership and employees, seat belt use, and daytime running lights.
- Esurance may include discounts for emergency road assistance, multi-car, safety device, anti-lock brakes, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, bundle discounts, teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, multi-car, and safe driver.
- State Farm offers discounts including Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, good driver, safe vehicle, student away at school, anti-theft, and multiple policy.
If you need low cost Oklahoma City car insurance quotes, ask every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some credits may not be offered in Oklahoma City. To choose providers offering car insurance discounts in Oklahoma City, click this link.
Insurance data for a Nissan Frontier
The price information below covers detailed analysis of policy rates for Nissan Frontier models. Being more informed about how premiums are formulated can assist in making informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Frontier XE King Cab 2WD||$124||$256||$538||$32||$162||$1,112||$93|
|Frontier SE King Cab 2WD||$146||$256||$538||$32||$162||$1,134||$95|
|Frontier SE Crew Cab 2WD||$146||$312||$538||$32||$162||$1,190||$99|
|Frontier Pro-4X King Cab 2WD||$168||$312||$538||$32||$162||$1,212||$101|
|Frontier LE King Cab 2WD||$168||$312||$538||$32||$162||$1,212||$101|
|Frontier SE King Cab 4WD||$168||$256||$430||$26||$128||$1,008||$84|
|Frontier Pro-4X Crew Cab 2WD||$168||$368||$538||$32||$162||$1,268||$106|
|Frontier LE Crew Cab 2WD||$168||$368||$538||$32||$162||$1,268||$106|
|Frontier SE Crew Cab 4WD||$168||$312||$430||$26||$128||$1,064||$89|
|Frontier LE King Cab 4WD||$188||$312||$430||$26||$128||$1,084||$90|
|Frontier Pro-4X King Cab 4WD||$188||$312||$430||$26||$128||$1,084||$90|
|Frontier Pro-4X Crew Cab 4WD||$188||$312||$430||$26||$128||$1,084||$90|
|Frontier LE Crew Cab 4WD||$188||$312||$430||$26||$128||$1,084||$90|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in garaging location in Oklahoma City which can revise coverage rates noticeably.
One of the more difficult decisions when buying insurance is the level to set your comp and collision deductibles. The tables below lay out the differences in price between low and high physical damage coverage deductibles. The first set of rates uses a $250 deductible and the second rate table uses a $1,000 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Frontier XE King Cab 2WD||$258||$480||$560||$34||$168||$1,525||$127|
|Frontier SE King Cab 2WD||$302||$480||$560||$34||$168||$1,569||$131|
|Frontier SE Crew Cab 2WD||$302||$584||$560||$34||$168||$1,673||$139|
|Frontier Pro-4X King Cab 2WD||$346||$584||$560||$34||$168||$1,717||$143|
|Frontier LE King Cab 2WD||$346||$584||$560||$34||$168||$1,717||$143|
|Frontier SE King Cab 4WD||$346||$480||$448||$26||$134||$1,459||$122|
|Frontier Pro-4X Crew Cab 2WD||$346||$688||$560||$34||$168||$1,821||$152|
|Frontier LE Crew Cab 2WD||$346||$688||$560||$34||$168||$1,821||$152|
|Frontier SE Crew Cab 4WD||$346||$584||$448||$26||$134||$1,563||$130|
|Frontier LE King Cab 4WD||$392||$584||$448||$26||$134||$1,609||$134|
|Frontier Pro-4X King Cab 4WD||$392||$584||$448||$26||$134||$1,609||$134|
|Frontier Pro-4X Crew Cab 4WD||$392||$584||$448||$26||$134||$1,609||$134|
|Frontier LE Crew Cab 4WD||$392||$584||$448||$26||$134||$1,609||$134|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Frontier XE King Cab 2WD||$158||$302||$560||$34||$168||$1,222||$102|
|Frontier SE King Cab 2WD||$186||$302||$560||$34||$168||$1,250||$104|
|Frontier SE Crew Cab 2WD||$186||$368||$560||$34||$168||$1,316||$110|
|Frontier Pro-4X King Cab 2WD||$214||$368||$560||$34||$168||$1,344||$112|
|Frontier LE King Cab 2WD||$214||$368||$560||$34||$168||$1,344||$112|
|Frontier SE King Cab 4WD||$214||$302||$448||$26||$134||$1,124||$94|
|Frontier Pro-4X Crew Cab 2WD||$214||$432||$560||$34||$168||$1,408||$117|
|Frontier LE Crew Cab 2WD||$214||$432||$560||$34||$168||$1,408||$117|
|Frontier SE Crew Cab 4WD||$214||$368||$448||$26||$134||$1,190||$99|
|Frontier LE King Cab 4WD||$242||$368||$448||$26||$134||$1,218||$102|
|Frontier Pro-4X King Cab 4WD||$242||$368||$448||$26||$134||$1,218||$102|
|Frontier Pro-4X Crew Cab 4WD||$242||$368||$448||$26||$134||$1,218||$102|
|Frontier LE Crew Cab 4WD||$242||$368||$448||$26||$134||$1,218||$102|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in Oklahoma City location which can modify insurance rates greatly.
Using the data above, we can ascertain that using a $250 deductible will cost you roughly $31 more each month or $372 a year than choosing the higher $1,000 deductible. Since you would pay $750 more if you file a claim with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you go at a minimum 24 months between claim filings, you would probably be better off if you opt for a higher deductible.
The information below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can impact Nissan Frontier premium costs for each age group. The rates are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Insurance rates based on gender
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Nissan Frontier insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no claims or violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Full coverage or liability only
The example below shows the comparison of Nissan Frontier insurance prices with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Oklahoma. The data is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no exact formula to exclude physical damage insurance, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Nissan Frontier claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $5,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are currently paying more than $500 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where only buying liability is not a good plan. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Compare rate quotes but still have a local Oklahoma City insurance agency
Some consumers still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the benefits of comparing auto insurance online is that you can find lower prices and still have a local agent.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is transmitted to companies in Oklahoma City who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You don’t have to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. Get lower rates AND a local agent. If you need to get a price quote from one company in particular, feel free to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an insurer should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
If you need to find local Oklahoma City agents, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies that you can choose from. Oklahoma City agents can either be independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents can only quote rates from one company like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some insured continue to use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name instead of buying on price only.
The following are exclusive agencies in Oklahoma City that can give you price quote information.
- Claire Faulkner-Truong – State Farm Insurance Agent
840 NW 50th St – Oklahoma City, OK 73118 – (405) 787-2626 – View Map
- Ed Dater – State Farm Insurance Agent
6700 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73139 – (405) 634-0504 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
6218 Northwest Expy – Oklahoma City, OK 73132 – (405) 384-1518 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent do not have single company limitations so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part. When shopping rates, we recommend you compare quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from. They also have the ability to place coverage with small mutual carriers which can save you money.
Listed below are independent agencies in Oklahoma City that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Freeland Insurance, LLC
6017 Shiloh Dr – Oklahoma City, OK 73179 – (405) 692-6106 – View Map
- Econo-Wise Insurance Agency, Inc.
2705 SW 29th St – Oklahoma City, OK 73119 – (405) 682-6699 – View Map
- Russ Warren Insurance Agency
3431 NW 36th St – Oklahoma City, OK 73112 – (405) 947-6745 – View Map
Upon receiving satisfactory answers to any questions you may have and an acceptable price quote, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that meets the criteria to insure your vehicles.
You may need specialized auto insurance coverage
Always keep in mind that when comparing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Nissan Frontier?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
How You Can Control Nissan Frontier Insurance Premiums
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the different types of things that help calculate your premiums. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you cheaper rates. Many different elements are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but other factors are more transparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
Shown below are some of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rates.
- Safer occupants lowers premiums – Cars with five star safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safer cars help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries means your insurance company pays less and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Be proud to be claim-free – Car insurance companies in Oklahoma give lower rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is designed for larger claims.
- Do you really need the extra coverages? – There are a ton of extra coverages you can purchase when buying auto insurance. Coverage for things like personal injury protection, towing, and extra life insurance coverage could be just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas when buying your policy, but your needs may have changed so remove them and pocket the money.
- Responsible credit equals lower premiums – An insured’s credit score will be a significant factor in determining premium rates. Insureds with very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with lower credit ratings. If your credit is lower than you’d like, you could be paying less to insure your Nissan Frontier if you improve your credit rating.
Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The performance of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in your rates. The lowest rates will generally be found on smaller low performance passenger cars, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
The data below uses these assumptions: married male driver age 40, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Nissan Frontier rates compared to other models of vehicles that have a range of performance rating factors.
Insurance loss probability for a Nissan Frontier – Companies use past insurance losses to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Vehicles that the data determines to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below illustrates the insurance loss data for Nissan Frontier vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole is considered to be 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger losses.
Nissan Frontier Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LWB 2WD 57 64 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LWB 4WD 64 95 78 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SWB 2WD 77 97 67 106 87 98 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SWB 4WD 71 95 76 70 79 85 Nissan Frontier Ext Cab 2WD 73 110 71 89 87 117 Nissan Frontier Ext Cab 4WD 68 80 63 56BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Nissan in Oklahoma City, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Nissan Frontier has a loan, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Nissan at a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your car. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your car insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Frontier greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average driver in Oklahoma is overpaying over $865 each year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
One last note
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Oklahoma City is definitely available from both online companies and with local Oklahoma City insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who may not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agencies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
More detailed auto insurance information is located in the articles below:
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)