If you want to save money, the best way to find discount auto insurance rates is to regularly compare price quotes from providers who can sell car insurance in Oklahoma City.
- First, try to comprehend the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as accidents, traffic tickets, and poor credit can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Keep reading for instructions to prevent rate hikes and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a better price, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to use similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get prices from as many companies as you can. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
It’s well known that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Insureds who shop around at least once a year are highly likely to move their business because there is a great chance of finding better rates. A study showed that consumers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved over $3,500 over four years compared to policyholders who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the cheapest price for Lincoln MKZ insurance is your objective, then learning a little about how to get rate quotes and compare insurance can make the process less intimidating.
Most major insurance companies give insurance quotes from their websites. Getting quotes for Lincoln MKZ insurance in Oklahoma City is quite simple as you just enter your personal and coverage information into a form. After you submit the form the quote system requests reports for credit and driving violations and quotes a price based on the information you submitted.
Using the web to get quotes for Lincoln MKZ insurance in Oklahoma City makes it simple to compare prices and it is imperative to perform this step if you are searching for a better rate.
To save time and get comparison pricing now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you enter coverages and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. This ensures you will have rate comparison quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Oklahoma City, OK. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
Insurance coverage details
The table shown next showcases estimates of insurance coverage prices for Lincoln MKZ models. Learning a little about how insurance quotes are calculated is important for you to make smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKZ 4-Dr Sedan||$274||$658||$572||$34||$172||$1,710||$143|
|MKZ AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$274||$658||$572||$34||$172||$1,710||$143|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in zip code location which can influence rates considerably.
The information below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can affect Lincoln MKZ insurance costs for each age group. The prices are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Rate comparison of men versus women
The example below illustrates the comparison of Lincoln MKZ car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no violations or accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The diagram below shows the comparison of Lincoln MKZ insurance rates with full coverage and liability only. The premium estimates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no exact rule of when to phase out physical damage coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Lincoln MKZ replacement cost is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $8,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying over $800 annually to have full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some situations where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Auto insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the potentially high cost of Lincoln MKZ insurance, insurance is required in Oklahoma but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Lincoln has a loan, almost every bank will require that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lincoln at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects both your Lincoln and your personal assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having auto insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $700 annually so smart consumers compare quotes every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Get cheaper rates with these five discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list every policy discount very well, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known as well as some of the hidden car insurance savings.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get a small discount on rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance carriers reward you with a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower car insurance rates.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
- Driving Data Discount – Oklahoma City drivers who agree to allow driving data submission to spy on vehicle usage remotely like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot may see discounts if they exhibit good driving behavior.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The information below illustrates the difference between Lincoln MKZ insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The information is based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, marriage, and safe-driver discounts applied.
To choose insurers that offer discounts in Oklahoma City, click here to view.
When should I get advice from a local insurance agent?
Many people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended Professional insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that you can find better rates but also keep your business local.
By using this quick form, the quote information gets sent to companies in Oklahoma City that can give you free Oklahoma City car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to search for an agent because prices are sent instantly to you. If you have a need to compare rates from one company in particular, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best insurer is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
Oklahoma City auto insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
If you are searching for an insurance agent, you should know the types of agencies to choose from. Agencies in Oklahoma City are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types of agents can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it’s good to learn the differences because it can factor into the selection process.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. These agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent partially due to loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
The following are exclusive agencies in Oklahoma City who can help you get price quotes.
- Kevin Murphy – State Farm Insurance Agent
1707 S Morgan Rd – Oklahoma City, OK 73128 – (405) 265-2500 – View Map
- Mai McCoy – State Farm Insurance Agent
2800 N Classen Blvd #105 – Oklahoma City, OK 73106 – (405) 524-3327 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Ciani Portillo
3200 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73109 – (405) 635-1212 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part. When shopping rates, you need to compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller regional carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following are independent insurance agencies in Oklahoma City willing to provide price quote information.
- State Auto Insurance Agency Inc
4717 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73109 – (405) 631-5575 – View Map
- Thomas Baste Insurance Agency
8503 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73139 – (405) 604-5600 – View Map
- Econo-Wise Insurance Agency, Inc.
2705 SW 29th St – Oklahoma City, OK 73119 – (405) 682-6699 – View Map
Educate yourself about car insurance coverages
Having a good grasp of car insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. Car insurance terms can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as theft, fire damage, rock chips in glass, damage from a tornado or hurricane and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical expense insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for immediate expenses like rehabilitation expenses, X-ray expenses, EMT expenses and funeral costs. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Lincoln MKZ.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 25/50/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your MKZ resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims like damaging your car on a curb, hitting a parking meter, sustaining damage from a pot hole and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible on your MKZ to get cheaper collision coverage.
This protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property in an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see policy limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for claims like emergency aid, legal defense fees, repair costs for stationary objects, loss of income and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Oklahoma state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/25 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
The next chart shows why buying minimum limits may not be adequate.
Don’t give up on cheap rates
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, high prices, delays in paying claims or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company can be pretty painless.
You just read many ideas to compare Lincoln MKZ insurance premium rates in Oklahoma City. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with the least-expected company.
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Young Drivers in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Toyota Camry in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)