It’s amazing but the vast majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and nearly the majority have never shopped around. Most drivers in the United States can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find low-cost prices for auto insurance rates in Oklahoma City is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers in Oklahoma.
- It will benefit you to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like multiple speeding tickets and poor credit rating can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit a signed application and payment to the new company. Once received, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
A key point to remember is to use identical coverage information on every quote and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Low cost Oklahoma City Hyundai Genesis insurance rate quotes online
Just remember that quoting more helps improve the odds of finding more affordable rates.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Oklahoma. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Reduce your car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you might be missing out on some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be asked for prior to getting the savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Full Payment Discount – By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to spy on where and when they drive by using a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Oklahoma City car insurance with certain companies.
- Driver’s Ed – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully take a driver’s education course if it’s offered in school.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance and insure them with the same company you will save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
Policy discounts save money, but some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The information below illustrates the difference between Hyundai Genesis annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The costs are based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
To locate insurers with the best discounts in Oklahoma City, click here.
Premium rates and analysis
The coverage information shown next covers detailed analysis of policy rates for Hyundai Genesis models. Understanding how insurance rates are formulated can help drivers make informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Genesis 2.0T 2-Dr Coupe||$426||$1088||$678||$40||$204||$2,436||$203|
|Genesis 3.8 4-Dr Sedan||$476||$944||$462||$28||$138||$2,048||$171|
|Genesis 2.0T Premium 2-Dr Coupe||$476||$1088||$678||$40||$204||$2,486||$207|
|Genesis 3.8 2-Dr Coupe||$476||$1088||$678||$40||$204||$2,486||$207|
|Genesis 2.0T Track 2-Dr Coupe||$476||$1088||$678||$40||$204||$2,486||$207|
|Genesis 3.8 Grand Touring 2-Dr Coupe||$476||$1088||$678||$40||$204||$2,486||$207|
|Genesis 4.6 4-Dr Sedan||$476||$1088||$462||$28||$138||$2,192||$183|
|Genesis 3.8 Track 2-Dr Coupe||$476||$1230||$678||$40||$204||$2,628||$219|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in garaging location in Oklahoma City which can raise or lower auto insurance rates noticeably.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates
The information below highlights how speeding tickets and accidents can raise Hyundai Genesis car insurance costs for different insured age categories. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Hyundai Genesis liability-only versus full coverage
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Hyundai Genesis insurance premiums with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. Data assumes no violations or accidents, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no clear-cut rule that is best for determining when to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Hyundai Genesis book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying in excess of $800 annually to have full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Local Oklahoma City auto insurance agents and auto insurance
Many drivers just want to talk to a local agent and often times that is recommended An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap auto insurance quotes and also buy local. Putting coverage with local insurance agencies is still important in Oklahoma City.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to quote rates from one company in particular, you would need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Oklahoma City for you
When looking for local Oklahoma City agents, you should know the different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agencies in Oklahoma City can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Agents that choose to be independent can quote rates with many companies so they can quote policies with many different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you absolutely need to get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection.
Listed below are Oklahoma City independent agents who may be able to give you free price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents write business for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price.
The following are Oklahoma City exclusive insurance agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
Ed Dater – State Farm Insurance Agent
6700 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73139 – (405) 634-0504 – View Map
Choosing a insurance agent should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. These questions are important to ask:
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Oklahoma?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
Upon getting good answers for all questions you ask and an acceptable price quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that will properly insure your vehicles. Keep in mind you are able to cancel coverage when you choose so never feel that you’re stuck with a policy for a certain time period.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
How Car Insurance Companies Calculate Hyundai Genesis Insurance Rates
Lots of factors are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but others are more obscure such as your marital status or your commute time. An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for insurance. If you know what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get lower rates.
Listed below are some of the major factors used by companies to determine your rates.
Your career may increase prices – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Careers like military personnel, architects, and stock brokers generally have higher rates than the rest of us in part from intense work requirements and lengthy work days. On the flip side, careers such as farmers, engineers and performers have the lowest average rates.
Annual miles is a factor – The more you drive in a year’s time the more you will pay for insurance. A lot of insurance companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that have low annual miles cost less to insure than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Having the wrong rating on your Genesis can cost quite a bit. Make sure your declarations sheet reflects the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Cheaper premiums using alarm systems – Choosing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance. Theft prevention devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
Prevent coverage lapses – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a quick way to bump up your insurance costs. And not only will insurance be more expensive, not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may need to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Oklahoma DMV.
Eliminate unneeded incidental coverages – Insurance companies have many extra add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time but may not be useful. Insurance for things like roadside assistance, towing coverage, and term life insurance are examples of these. These coverages may sound good when buying your policy, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
Having a spouse brings a discount – Your spouse helps lower the price when shopping for insurance. Having a significant other is viewed as being more financially stable and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
Safer cars save money – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety protect occupants better and fewer serious injuries means lower claim amounts which can mean better rates for you.
Liability insurance safeguards assets – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if you are found liable for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Hyundai Genesis insurance loss statistics – Car insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that are shown to have increased losses will have higher rates.
The table shown below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Hyundai Genesis vehicles. For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, equals 100. Numbers under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values over 100 show a trend for more claims or tendency to have higher losses.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Hyundai Genesis 4dr||154||71||154||85||99|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why you need Genesis insurance in Oklahoma
Despite the potentially high cost of Hyundai Genesis insurance, paying for auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Genesis has a loan, almost every bank will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Hyundai at a much higher premium rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance preserves both your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in Oklahoma overpays as much as $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Oklahoma City car insurance companies ranked
Insuring your vehicle with the highest-rated auto insurance provider is hard considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Oklahoma City. The ranking data listed below may help you decide which companies you want to consider comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Don’t give up on cheap premiums
Cheaper car insurance in Oklahoma City can be purchased from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so get free Oklahoma City car insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not provide price quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to shop for Hyundai Genesis insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates come from a small mutual company.
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy non-renewal, lack of trust in their agent and being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new car insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Much more information about car insurance in Oklahoma can be read at the links below
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Car Insurance Rates for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)