Unbelievable but true, nearly 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for well over three years, and 38% of customers have never even compared rates from other companies. Oklahoma City consumers could save an average of nearly $551 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to save money by comparing rate quotes.
Truthfully, the best way to get discount auto insurance rates in Oklahoma City is to compare quotes annually from providers who provide auto insurance in Oklahoma.
- Read about the different coverages in a policy and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many things that cause rate increases such as accidents, careless driving, and a not-so-good credit rating can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the price quotes to your existing rates and determine if cheaper CR-Z coverage is available in Oklahoma City. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A key point to remember is to use identical coverage information on each quote request and and to get prices from as many carriers as you can. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Many insurance companies give coverage price quotes on their websites. Comparing Honda CR-Z insurance rates online is quite simple as you just type in your coverage preferences into a form. Once you submit the form, the company’s rating system orders credit information and your driving record and provides a quote based on the data you entered. Using the web to get price quotes for Honda CR-Z insurance in Oklahoma City makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get the lowest payment on insurance.
In order to compare pricing, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you complete the form with the coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This guarantees you are getting a fair comparison based on similar coverages.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Oklahoma City, OK. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Three reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Honda CR-Z in Oklahoma City, insurance is mandatory in Oklahoma but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Honda CR-Z, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Honda at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Honda but also your financial assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Honda as the result of the weather or an accident, your insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $700 annually so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Save Money with These Tips
Many different elements are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but some are more obscure such as your credit history or your vehicle rating. A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the different types of things that are used to determine auto insurance rates. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in lower premium levels.
- Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse raises auto insurance rates – Driving without insurance coverage in place is a big no-no and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance coverage expire. In addition to paying higher premiums, failure to provide proof of insurance could result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may need to file a SR-22 with the Oklahoma motor vehicle department.
- Costs go up with performance – The performance of the car you own makes a big difference in determining your rates. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Low coverage deductibles can be expensive – Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called ‘full coverage’, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some coverage claims are running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Your deductibles define how much you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more of the claim the insured has to pay upfront, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
- Marriage equates to better rates – Having a wife or husband helps lower the price when buying auto insurance. Marriage is viewed as being less irresponsible and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Good credit equals lower prices – A driver’s credit score factor in determining premium rates. If your credit is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your Honda CR-Z if you improve your credit rating. Drivers who have very high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than those with lower credit scores.
- Can a thief steal your car? – Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help stop car theft.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – The higher the miles on your Honda in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. A lot of companies apply a rate based upon how much you drive. Cars left parked in the garage receive lower rates than cars that get driven a lot. An incorrectly rated CR-Z can result in significantly higher rates. It’s a smart idea to ensure your declarations sheet is showing the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Mature drivers are lower risk – Youthful drivers in Oklahoma are statistically shown to be inattentive behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. Older drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.
Honda CR-Z insurance loss statistics – Insurers study historical loss data in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that historically have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will cost more for coverage.
The next table shows the historical insurance loss data for Honda CR-Z vehicles. For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is a value of 100. Values that are under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate frequent claims or statistically larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Honda CR-Z Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda CR-Z Hybrid 106 87 83 98BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance quotes and discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize every discount very clearly, so the following list contains some of the best known as well as some of the hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Oklahoma City auto insurance online.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper CR-Z insurance.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Government Employees – Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote Oklahoma City auto insurance but check with your company.
- 55 and Retired – Seniors may receive a discount up to 10%.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car instead of a used CR-Z can get you a discount because newer models are generally safer.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But all discounts should definitely cut your policy premiums.
A partial list of companies who may offer some of the above discounts possibly include:
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not be offered everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies with discount rates in Oklahoma City, click here to view.
Do I need an insurance agency?
Some consumers still prefer to get advice from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Most agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. The best thing about getting online price quotes is you may find cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from small agencies is important particularly in Oklahoma City.
Upon completion of this quick form, your information is transmitted to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to even leave your home because prices are sent to you instantly. If you need to quote rates for a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
The difference between Oklahoma City car insurance agents
If you’re trying to find a good insurance agency, you should know the types of agencies and how they function. Insurance agents in Oklahoma City can either be independent or exclusive. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s important to point out why they differ because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent are not limited to a single company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
If you are comparing insurance prices, you will want to compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison.
Below is a list of independent agents in Oklahoma City who may be able to give you free insurance rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only place business with one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Oklahoma City who can help you get price quotes.
Picking a car insurance agent should include more criteria than just the price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
Cheaper auto insurance is out there
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to lower your Honda CR-Z insurance prices in Oklahoma City. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Oklahoma City auto insurance, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Oklahoma City auto insurance quotes. You may even find the best prices are with some of the lesser-known companies. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Oklahoma City is available from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not have rate quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers work with independent agencies.
Additional detailed information is available in the articles below:
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60 in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- How Much are Oklahoma City Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)