Unbelievably, the vast majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of customers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. U.S. drivers could save about $850 a year by just shopping around, but they don’t know the benefits if they switched to a cheaper policy.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find cheaper auto insurance rates in Oklahoma City is to do a yearly price comparison from different companies who sell auto insurance in Oklahoma. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Learn about how car insurance works and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations and a substandard credit score can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article gives more information to prevent expensive rate increases and find hidden discounts.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices for many different companies. Click to view companies
- Compare the new rates to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available in Oklahoma City. If you can save money, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment and a signed application to your new insurance company. Make sure you place your new certificate of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A valuable tip to remember is to use identical coverage information on every quote request and and to look at as many companies as possible. This provides an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Many insurance companies allow you to get price estimates on the web. Getting online quotes for Ford Freestyle insurance in Oklahoma City is quite simple as all you need to do is type in your coverage preferences into the quote form. After the form is submitted, their rating system gets your driving record and credit report and provides a quote.
Using the web to get rate quotes for Ford Freestyle insurance in Oklahoma City makes comparing rates easy, and it’s absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible in order to get affordable prices.
In order to find out how much you’re overpaying now, compare rates from the companies below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you complete the form with your coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this guarantees you will have comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Oklahoma. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Ford Freestyle in Oklahoma City, insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ford Freestyle has a lienholder, almost all lenders will force you to buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Ford at a much higher rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also cover many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having auto insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. An average driver in America is overpaying over $865 each year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
The Ford Freestyle Insurance Premium Equation
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that come into play when calculating your premiums. If you know what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find big savings.
Shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by companies to determine your rate level.
Your location is important – Having an address in a small town has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. People in densely populated areas have to deal with more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. Fewer people translates into fewer accident claims and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Lower stress equals lower rates – Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations such as military generals, business owners, and accountants generally have higher premium rates due to high stress levels and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, occupations like farmers, students and retirees have lower than average premiums.
Deter car thieves – Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you some money. Theft deterrent systems like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all hinder vehicle theft.
High credit history translates to low premiums – Having a good credit history can be an important factor in calculating your premium rate. Insureds that have excellent credit tend to file fewer claims than drivers with bad credit. So if your credit history is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your Ford Freestyle by spending a little time repairing your credit.
Accidents inflate premiums – Whether or not you get tickets has a big impact on rates. Having just one speeding ticket or other violation can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Attentive drivers get better prices as compared to careless drivers. People who have serious violations such as DUI or reckless driving might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
Costs for men may be higher – Statistics have proven that females tend to be a little less risky than males. The data does not necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women get in accidents in similar numbers, but guys have costlier accidents. Not only that, but men also get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are most likely to cause an accident so they pay the highest premiums.
Different people need different insurance coverages
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing a policy, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Your financial needs are unique.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Persistent drivers can save
In this article, we covered many tips how you can reduce Ford Freestyle insurance rates online in Oklahoma City. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance comes from the smaller companies.
Some companies may not provide online quoting and usually these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agencies. The cheapest Ford Freestyle insurance in Oklahoma City is definitely available online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Even more information can be read by following these links: