It takes a little time, but the best way to quote cheaper car insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from companies who provide car insurance in Oklahoma City.
- Get a basic knowledge of the coverage provided by your policy and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like distracted driving and a less-than-favorable credit score can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Continue reading for the details to keep prices down and earn a bigger discount.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple sources. View prices
- Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a better price, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new agent or company. Make sure you put the certificate of insurance with the vehicle registration.
The most important part of this process is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that most car insurance buyers in Oklahoma have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. U.S. drivers could save about 46.5% every year just by comparing rates, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to shop around.
If you already have coverage or just want a better rate, follow these tips to reduce premiums without reducing protection. Finding and buying affordable policy in Oklahoma City is not as hard as you may think. Drivers just need to understand the least time-consuming way to quote multiple rates over the internet.
Cheapest Ford insurance rate quotes in Oklahoma City
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Oklahoma. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Don’t neglect these discounts
Some providers do not list every available discount very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available.
- Defensive Driver – Taking time to complete a safe driver course can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Require your teen driver to successfully take a driver’s education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Distant College Student Discount – Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Oklahoma City and don’t have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks with the same car insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
- Own a Home – Owning a house in Oklahoma City can save a few bucks because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can save substantially compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more on Five Hundred insurance in Oklahoma City.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less because newer models are generally safer.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like Allstate and GEICO will let one accident slide before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a certain period of time.
You should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A list of companies and some of the discounts include:
- GEICO discounts include membership and employees, military active duty, good student, air bags, driver training, and five-year accident-free.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include homeowner, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, safe driver, and multi-car.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, and student away at school.
- MetLife has discounts for claim-free, accident-free, good student, defensive driver, and good driver.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, 55 and older, homeowners, early bird, student driver, and automatic seat belts.
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, and homeowner.
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in Oklahoma City.
What is the best auto insurance coverage?
When it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different and your auto insurance should unique, too. For example, these questions might point out whether you will benefit from professional help.
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Is my Ford Five Hundred covered if I use it for business?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
When to talk to a local insurance agent
Many people still like to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Most agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheap auto insurance quotes but also keep your business local. Supporting small agencies is especially important in Oklahoma City.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents in Oklahoma City who will return price quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to drive around as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, just find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best company needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. The following questions are important to ask.
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Oklahoma City?
- How long has their agency been in business in Oklahoma City?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- If they are an independent agency in Oklahoma City, which companies do they recommend?
After you get answers to your satisfaction to these questions as well as an affordable premium quote, you may have found an provider that meets the requirements to insure your vehicles. Just be aware that you can cancel your policy for any reason so don’t assume you’re contractually obligated to a specific agent for any length of time.
How to find a good Oklahoma City car insurance company
Ending up with the highest-rated insurer is hard considering how many companies are available to choose from in Oklahoma. The rank data listed below can help you analyze which coverage providers you want to consider purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Do the work, save more money
In this article, we presented many ways to save on Ford Five Hundred insurance in Oklahoma City. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get prices for, the better likelihood of getting affordable Oklahoma City car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from the least-expected company. They often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
Lower-priced Ford Five Hundred insurance in Oklahoma City is definitely available online and also from your neighborhood Oklahoma City agents, so get free Oklahoma City car insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not have online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
To learn more, take a look at these articles:
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- How Much is Car Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for High Mileage Drivers in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- How Much are Oklahoma City Car Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)