If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates in Oklahoma City is to compare quotes once a year from insurers that insure vehicles in Oklahoma.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can control to lower rates. Many factors that cause rate increases like distracted driving and a not-so-good credit rating can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple insurance companies. Select a company
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit a completed application and payment to your new agent or company. When you receive it, place your new certificate of insurance with the vehicle registration.
An important bit of advice to remember is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Unbelievable but true according to a study about 70% of customers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Many drivers in the United States can save roughly $850 each year just by shopping around, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare rates online.
If you have a current auto insurance policy, you will surely be able to get lower rates using the techniques covered below. This article’s goal is to introduce you to how car insurance companies work and also save some money in the process But Oklahoma car owners need to learn how the larger insurance companies charge you for coverage and take advantage of how the system works.
Lower rate quotes by getting discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always publicize all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains both the well known and also the more inconspicuous ways to save on car insurance.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual permit an accident before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on Oklahoma City car insurance quote when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being in qualifying employment or professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your next car insurance statement.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction depending on your car insurance provider.
- Good Student Discount – Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more on Explorer Sport Trac insurance in Oklahoma City.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some companies reward drivers for renewing your policy before your current coverage expires. It can save you around 10%.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount will definitely reduce your premiums.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Ford Explorer Sport Trac premium costs with and without discounts applied. The premiums are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, safe-driver, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be found below.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- The Hartford may include discounts for bundle, air bag, driver training, defensive driver, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for good driver, accident-free, type of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, good student, professional/association, and ease of repair.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, driver training, federal employee, and multi-policy.
- AAA may have discounts that include multi-policy, education and occupation, good student, pay-in-full, and good driver.
- State Farm discounts include accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, and anti-theft.
If you are trying to find inexpensive Oklahoma City car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. Savings may not apply to policyholders in every state. To see insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Oklahoma, click here to view.
The method we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies utilizes the fact most of the bigger providers participate in online systems to give rate comparisons. The only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information including driver ages, coverage limits, types of safety features, and whether you have decent credit. Your information is submitted instantly to insurance carriers in your area and you receive quotes immediately.
To compare affordable Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance rates now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Oklahoma. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Insurance statistics for a Ford Explorer Sport Trac
The information shown next highlights detailed analysis of insurance coverage prices for Ford Explorer Sport Trac models. Having a good grasp of how insurance prices are figured can help guide drivers when making smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Explorer Sport Trac XLT 2WD||$274||$442||$462||$28||$138||$1,344||$112|
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited 2WD||$316||$442||$462||$28||$138||$1,386||$116|
|Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4WD||$316||$442||$462||$28||$138||$1,386||$116|
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited 4WD||$356||$538||$462||$28||$138||$1,522||$127|
|Explorer Sport Trac Limited AWD||$356||$538||$462||$28||$138||$1,522||$127|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in Oklahoma City location which can decrease or increase insurance rates greatly.
Ford Explorer Sport Trac full coverage rates compared to liability only
The illustration below shows the difference between Ford Explorer Sport Trac yearly insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The rate quotes are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no definitive rule to stop paying for full coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Ford Explorer Sport Trac replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premiums are more than $700 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
How do Car Insurance Companies Determine Ford Explorer Sport Trac Insurance Costs?
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the different types of things that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. When you understand what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that may result in better auto insurance rates. Lots of factors are considered when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but other factors are less obvious such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
- What’s your car’s IIHS safety rating? – Vehicles with high crash test scores cost less to insure. Vehicles built for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can result in lower premiums. If the Ford Explorer Sport Trac has at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
- Urban areas may pay more – Living in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. Drivers who live in large cities have to deal with congested traffic and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer people corresponds to lower accident rates.
- More stress means more cost – Careers like fire fighters, police officers, and financial analysts have higher premium rates in part from stressful work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, jobs like professors, athletes and performers pay lower than average rates.
Vehicle risk impacts costs – The performance level of the car you drive makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. Economy passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The next chart uses these variables: married female driver age 40, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Ford Explorer Sport Trac rates compared to other makes and models that have a range of performance rating factors.
Driver age impacts costs – Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, cost insurance companies less in claims, and receive fewer citations. Inexperience drivers are statistically shown to be less responsible when at the wheel of a vehicle so auto insurance rates are higher.
The following chart uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Insurance rates and driver gender – The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Women and men have accidents at a similar rate, but males have accidents that have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men get cited for more serious violations such as reckless driving.
The chart below compares Ford Explorer Sport Trac auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving citations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
When it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- What are good deductibles for a Ford Explorer Sport Trac?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Is my Ford Explorer Sport Trac covered if I use it for business?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Exclusive versus independent auto insurance agents
Certain consumers still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates but also keep your business local. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Oklahoma City.
After completing this short form, the coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Oklahoma City that can provide free Oklahoma City car insurance quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to drive around since price quotes are sent immediately to you. You can find lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Oklahoma City for you
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance policy providers are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type do not have single company limitations and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. If they quote lower rates, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you need lower rates, we highly recommend that you get some free quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison. They often place coverage with mutual insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Oklahoma City that can give you free car insurance quotes.
- Freeland Insurance, LLC
6017 Shiloh Dr – Oklahoma City, OK 73179 – (405) 692-6106 – View Map
- Dan Ryan Insurance
6300 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73139 – (405) 631-6300 – View Map
- Courtesy Insurance Agency
324 W Hefner Rd – Oklahoma City, OK 73114 – (405) 755-4571 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They are well trained on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. A lot of people choose to use an exclusive agent partially due to the brand instead of buying on price only.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Oklahoma City that can give you rate quotes.
- Kevin Murphy – State Farm Insurance Agent
1707 S Morgan Rd – Oklahoma City, OK 73128 – (405) 265-2500 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Ciani Portillo
3200 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73109 – (405) 635-1212 – View Map
- Mike Earles – State Farm Insurance Agent
12220 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73170 – (405) 691-1115 – View Map
Picking an insurance agency requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. These are valid questions to ask:
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
If you receive acceptable answers to all your questions and an acceptable price quote, you may have just found an insurance agent that is reputable and can insure your vehicles.
Why you need insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford Explorer Sport Trac in Oklahoma City, maintaining insurance is required in Oklahoma but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Ford Explorer Sport Trac, most lenders will force you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Ford at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance preserves both your Ford Explorer Sport Trac and your assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays more than $810 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Oklahoma auto insurance company ratings
Buying coverage from the highest-rated company can be a challenge considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Oklahoma City. The company information in the next section may help you analyze which car insurance providers to look at shopping prices with.
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
How much can you save?
We covered a lot of information how to reduce Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance prices online in Oklahoma City. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Oklahoma City car insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a small local company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Oklahoma City can be sourced from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to shop Oklahoma City car insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not have online rate quotes and these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
Additional detailed information is available in the articles below:
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Oklahoma City Auto Insurance for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)