If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get budget Buick LaCrosse insurance in Oklahoma City is to compare prices annually from insurers who sell auto insurance in Oklahoma. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
First, spend some time learning about how companies price auto insurance and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that increase rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and a lousy credit rating can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Continue reading for more ideas to get better rates and find additional discounts.
Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed application and payment for your new policy. Once coverage is bound, keep your new proof of insurance certificate in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The key aspect of shopping around is to make sure you enter the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to compare all possible companies. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
A recent study showed that most insurance buyers in Oklahoma kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. American consumers could save as much as $850 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they feel it’s too difficult to do a rate comparison.
If you are insured now, you stand a good chance to be able to save money using this strategy. Our objective in writing this article is to instruct you on the best methods to compare rates and some tips to save money. Nevertheless, Oklahoma car owners need to have an understanding of how companies determine what you pay because it can help you find the best coverage.
Just keep in mind that more quotes helps increase your odds of locating the best rates.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Oklahoma. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Auto insurance rates and discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list all their discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts that may be available. If you do not double check each discount available, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Own a Home – Just owning your own home can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying insurance on a new vehicle is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Sign Online – Many larger companies will provide an incentive shop Oklahoma City auto insurance over the internet.
- Claim-Free Discount – Oklahoma City drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates when compared with policyholders that have many claims.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance with the same company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers can possibly qualify for better auto insurance rates.
- Accident Waiver – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you are claim-free before the accident.
- Multi-line Discount – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
The information below illustrates the difference between Buick LaCrosse premium costs with and without discounts applied. The premiums are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-car, marriage, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
For a list of providers offering auto insurance discounts in Oklahoma City, click this link.
Insurance coverage details
The premium information shown next covers estimates of coverage prices for Buick LaCrosse models. Learning how auto insurance prices are formulated can aid in making smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Lacrosse CXL AWD||$188||$368||$366||$22||$110||$1,054||$88|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Information does not factor in specific Oklahoma City garaging location which can alter insurance rates substantially.
Male drivers compared to female drivers in Oklahoma City
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Buick LaCrosse insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage?
The illustration below shows the comparison of Buick LaCrosse yearly insurance costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The premium estimates are based on no claims or driving violations, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There isn’t a written rule for excluding physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Buick LaCrosse book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $4,000 after paying your deductible. If you are currently paying more than $400 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping physical damage coverage is not recommended. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Oklahoma City auto insurance company ratings
Finding the right car insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies sell coverage in Oklahoma. The information listed below could help you analyze which car insurance companies you want to consider comparing rates with.
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
How You Can Control Buick LaCrosse Insurance Costs
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that aid in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get lower rates. Many factors are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, although others are more transparent such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
Lower rates come with age – Older drivers are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers. Teen drivers are statistically shown to be careless and easily distracted when driving so they pay higher car insurance rates.
The following chart uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- High credit rating translates to low premiums – An insured’s credit history is a large factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Therefore, if your credit history could use some work, you could pay less to insure your Buick LaCrosse by repairing your credit. People with high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than those with lower ratings.
- Do you need those incidental coverages? – There are quite a few add-on coverages you can purchase if you aren’t diligent. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, death and dismemberment, and membership fees are some examples. These coverages may sound good at first, but if you don’t need them remove them from your policy.
- Small frequent policy claims are not good – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you should expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Car insurance companies in Oklahoma generally give better rates to policyholders who are claim-free. Your car insurance is designed for more catastrophic claims.
Insurance losses for a Buick LaCrosse – Auto insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles when setting rates for each model. Models that historically have higher losses will have a higher premium rate.
The next table shows the collected loss data for Buick LaCrosse vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Values under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentage values above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Buick LaCrosse Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick LaCrosse 2WD 96 85 93 100 109 92 Buick LaCrosse 4WD 101 92 113BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years