It’s safe to conclude that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Insureds who compare rates at least once a year will presumably move their business because there is a high probability of finding a more affordable policy premium. A study showed that people who compared price quotes annually saved as much as $860 a year compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding discount rates on auto insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then having some insight into the best ways to find and compare cheaper coverage can help you be more efficient.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to quote cheaper car insurance rates in Oklahoma City is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers who can sell car insurance in Oklahoma.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of individual coverages and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as speeding and a not-so-good credit history can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment and a signed application to your new company or agent. Make sure you put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
The most important part of shopping around is that you use identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and to quote with as many companies as possible. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
If you have auto insurance now, you will surely be able to cut your premiums using the ideas you’re about to read. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Oklahoma City is much easier if you know where to start. Although Oklahoma drivers benefit from understanding the way companies price online insurance.
Car insurance providers offering affordable price quotes in Oklahoma
The providers in the list below provide quotes in Oklahoma City, OK. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Components of Your Chevy TrailBlazer Insurance Rates
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that aid in calculating auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The list below includes a few of the things companies use to determine your premiums.
Cheaper rates after marriage – Being married may earn you lower rates on your auto insurance bill. Marriage usually means you are more responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Save money with higher comp and collision deductibles – Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your Chevy from damage. Some examples of covered claims could be running into the backend of another car, hail damage, and burglary. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. The more money you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Bundling policies can get discounts – The majority of auto insurance companies allow better rates to customers that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can add up to as much as ten percent or more Even though this discount sounds good, you may still want to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal. Consumers may save money even if you have your coverage with different companies
Prevent theft and reduce premiums – Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can help lower your premiums. Theft deterrent systems such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder auto theft and help lower rates.
Your employer may affect rates – Careers like fire fighters, architects, and miners are shown to have higher rates than average attributed to high stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, careers such as actors, athletes and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
Decrease auto insurance rates by maintaining coverage – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a fast way to bump up your auto insurance costs. And not only will your rates increase, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Oklahoma motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Drive lots and pay more – The more you drive in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers calculate rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much receive better premium rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. An improperly rated TrailBlazer can result in significantly higher rates. Make sure your policy properly reflects how each vehicle is driven.
Credit rating impacts costs – Having a bad credit score factor in determining your rates. If your credit score could use some work, you could save money insuring your Chevrolet TrailBlazer if you clean up your credit. Consumers who have excellent credit scores tend to be better risks to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit.
Save money with these rate reducing discounts
Some insurers don’t always advertise all possible discounts very well, so we researched some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to bring down your rates. If you don’t get every credit available, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Driver Education Discount – Teen drivers should enroll in driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Life Insurance Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow companies to study driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Safety Course Discount – Participating in a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- Bundle and Save – If you can combine your home and auto policy and insure them with the same company you may save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military can result in better rates.
You should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include multi-car, electronic funds transfer, mature driver, bundle discounts, and alternative fuel.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including Switch & Save, anti-lock brakes, paid-in-full, homeowner, and online quote.
- State Farm has discounts for good student, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, good driver, and accident-free.
- GEICO may offer discounts for emergency military deployment, seat belt use, anti-theft, military active duty, federal employee, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- Allstate may include discounts for multi-policy, farm vehicle, passive restraint, premier discount, and anti-theft.
If you are trying to find affordable Oklahoma City car insurance quotes, ask all the companies how many discounts you can get. Discounts may not be available in Oklahoma City. For a list of auto insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Oklahoma, click here.
Local neighborhood insurance agents
A lot of people still like to sit down with an agent and doing that can be a smart decision The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is definitely important in Oklahoma City.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Oklahoma City who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to search for an agent because prices are sent immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Types of auto insurance agents in Oklahoma City
If you would like to find a reliable agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they function. Insurance agents can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part. When comparing rates, you need to compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Shown below are Oklahoma City independent insurance agencies that can give you price quotes.
Agents of this type work for only one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Oklahoma City who can help you get comparison quotes.
Jim Hoffhines – State Farm Insurance Agent
3838 NW 36th St #160 – Oklahoma City, OK 73112 – (405) 948-8881 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
When trying to cut insurance costs, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, someone dropped physical damage coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Oklahoma City is available on the web and with local Oklahoma City insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
You just read many ideas to shop for Chevy TrailBlazer insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Additional information is located at these links:
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)