Do you want to learn to get the cheapest Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Oklahoma City? I can’t think of a single person who likes having to buy insurance, especially when they know it costs too dang much.
A recent insurance study discovered that the vast majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least four years, and just under half have never compared rate quotes at all. Consumers in America could save roughly 46.5% a year by just comparing quotes, but they won’t spend time to compare other rate quotes.
Companies like GEICO, Progressive and Allstate promote their brand names with catchy ads and it is difficult to see through the deception and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It’s smart to shop coverage around at least once a year because prices trend upward over time. Just because you had the best rate on Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Oklahoma City at your last renewal there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the fastest and easiest way to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
If you are insured now, you will definitely be able to buy cheaper insurance using the following tips. Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Oklahoma City is not rocket science. Although Oklahoma vehicle owners do need to know how the larger insurance companies price insurance differently because rates are impacted by many factors.
Low Cost Chevy insurance price quotes in Oklahoma City
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Oklahoma. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit several of them to get the most competitive price.
Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance coverage information
The premium table displayed below outlines different coverage prices for Chevy Silverado 3500HD models. Learning a little about how insurance rates are formulated can be valuable when making smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab 4WD||$374||$784||$528||$32||$158||$1,876||$156|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Extended Cab 4WD||$374||$784||$528||$32||$158||$1,876||$156|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab 2WD||$374||$682||$422||$24||$126||$1,628||$136|
|Silverado 3500HD LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$412||$682||$422||$24||$126||$1,666||$139|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$412||$784||$422||$24||$126||$1,768||$147|
|Silverado 3500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$412||$784||$422||$24||$126||$1,768||$147|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in Oklahoma City location which can impact price quotes noticeably.
The example below highlights how deductible selection and can influence Chevy Silverado 3500HD premium costs for each age group. The costs are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Poor driving habits will raise your insurance rates
The chart below highlights how speeding tickets and fender-benders can raise Chevy Silverado 3500HD auto insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Comparison of insurance rates by gender and age
The information below compares Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance rates for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Oklahoma City insurance discounts for a Chevy Silverado 3500HD
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you may find discounts that you may not know about. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but some need to be manually applied before they will apply.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or former government employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Oklahoma City auto insurance with select insurance companies.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down on your Chevy can earn better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used Silverado 3500HD can save you some money because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- No Claim Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Just know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-car, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- GEICO includes discounts for driver training, membership and employees, good student, federal employee, five-year accident-free, and military active duty.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for homeowner, anti-theft, bundle discounts, multi-car, and drive less.
- State Farm has discounts for passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, defensive driving training, accident-free, good driver, and multiple policy.
- MetLife offers discounts including good driver, accident-free, defensive driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and good student.
- 21st Century offers discounts for 55 and older, driver training, good student, student driver, and teen driver.
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, online signing, good student, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
If you are trying to find affordable Oklahoma City auto insurance quotes, ask each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in Oklahoma City. To see a list of insurers that offer multiple discounts in Oklahoma City, follow this link.
The Chevy Silverado 3500HD Insurance Premium Equation
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the factors that aid in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that can help you get lower premium levels. Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, although others are more transparent like where you live or your commute time.
The items below are some of the items used by companies to determine your rate level.
- Too many claims and you’ll pay more – Car insurance companies in Oklahoma provide the best rates to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Annual mileage and car insurance prices – The higher the miles on your Chevy in a year’s time the more you will pay for auto insurance. A lot of companies charge rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. An improperly rated Silverado 3500HD may be costing you. Verify your declarations sheet correctly shows the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
- Prevent your car from being stolen – Buying a car with advanced anti-theft systems can save you some money. Advanced theft deterrents like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart auto theft.
- Safeguard your assets with liability coverage – The liability section of your policy will provide protection if you are found liable for an accident. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. It is affordable coverage when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
How to know if you need help
When it comes to buying a policy for your personal vehicles, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are unique to you and your policy should reflect that.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether you may require specific advice.
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- What are good deductibles for a Chevy Silverado 3500HD?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Do I need an agent?
Many drivers would rather get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find better rates but also keep your business local.
After completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is sent to agents in your area who want to provide quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent immediately to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- What companies can they write with?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Oklahoma City?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
When searching for an insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Auto insurance policy providers are either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents are contracted to one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below are Oklahoma City exclusive insurance agencies that can give you price quotes.
Independent agencies are not restricted to one company and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, the business is moved internally and you can keep the same agent. When comparing auto insurance rates, it’s a good idea to get insurance quotes from independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
The following are independent insurance agents in Oklahoma City who can help you get rate quotes.
After talking to the agent and getting positive feedback to all your questions and locked in a price quote, you may have found an insurance agency that meets your needs to provide auto insurance coverage.
Don’t give up on cheaper premiums
Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies. Cheaper Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Oklahoma City can be bought from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture.
As you shop your coverage around, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
How to quote cheaper Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Oklahoma City
It takes a little time, but the best way to get affordable Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance is to compare quotes annually from providers who provide auto insurance in Oklahoma City. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Read about how companies price auto insurance and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many rating factors that result in higher prices such as distracted driving and a not-so-good credit rating can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
Much more information about insurance in Oklahoma can be read at the links below
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Retired Military in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Business Use in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)