If you are new to online insurance, it’s easy to be bewildered by the crazy number insurance agents and companies selling insurance in Oklahoma City.
Steps to finding the cheapest rates for Pontiac Solstice insurance in Oklahoma City
The preferred way to find discount auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies who sell insurance in Oklahoma City. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
First, get a basic knowledge of how your policy works and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that increase rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and poor credit history can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple companies. Begin your rate comparison
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper Solstice coverage is available. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, tell your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a completed application for the new coverage. Don’t forget to place your new certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One tip to remember is to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and many rates to choose from.
Unbelievable but true, a large majority of insurance policyholders in Oklahoma have bought insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. Consumers in America could save 47% every year just by comparing rates, but they think it’s difficult to shop their coverage around.
It’s a great practice to compare premium rates before your policy renews because insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the lowest rate on Pontiac Solstice insurance in Oklahoma City a few years ago you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because we’re going to show you one of the best ways to lower your annual insurance bill.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to reduce the price you pay using the concepts you’re about to learn. This article will introduce you to the best way to buy inexpensive auto insurance. Nevertheless, Oklahoma car owners do need to know the way insurance companies determine how much to charge and use it to your advantage.
Lower rate quotes on Pontiac Solstice insurance in Oklahoma City with these car insurance discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there are discounts available to cut the cost considerably. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you get a quote, but a few must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Insuring multiple cars on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds who allow their car insurance company to study their driving habits remotely like Allstate’s Drivewise could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Solstice insurance in Oklahoma City.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy before your current Solstice insurance policy expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Oklahoma City car insurance online.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A list of companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- 21st Century has discounts for good student, driver training, teen driver, defensive driver, 55 and older, and homeowners.
- Progressive has savings for multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and good student.
- State Farm may have discounts that include driver’s education, passive restraint, anti-theft, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple autos.
- Nationwide offers discounts including accident-free, anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, family plan, and business or organization.
- Esurance may include discounts for Switch & Save, Pac-12 alumni, paid-in-full, online quote, good student, and multi-policy.
- The Hartford discounts include good student, vehicle fuel type, bundle, anti-theft, air bag, and defensive driver.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some credits may not be offered in Oklahoma City.
How to compare Oklahoma City Pontiac Solstice insurance rate quotes
To find low cost rates, there are a couple of ways to compare quotes from all the different companies. The best method to lower the rate you pay for Pontiac Solstice insurance is to perform an online rate comparison.
Just keep in mind that more quotes increases your odds of finding the best offered rates.
The car insurance companies shown below provide price quotes in Oklahoma City, OK. If more than one company is shown, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When quoting and comparing your policy, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Your financial needs are unique.
These are some specific questions might point out whether you may require specific advice.
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
When to get advice from an insurance agency
Some consumers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is just fine! The best thing about comparing rates online is that you can find cheap car insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from local insurance agencies is important particularly in Oklahoma City.
After completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Oklahoma City that provide free Oklahoma City car insurance quotes for your business. You won’t even need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you can always jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
The different types of car insurance agents
If you would like to find a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Agents in Oklahoma City are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents can quote rates with many companies so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing car insurance rates, you need to include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection. Most also write with mutual insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Oklahoma City that may be able to provide price quote information.
- AIM Insurance Agency LLC
3200 N May Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73112 – (405) 949-9977 – View Map
- Russ Warren Insurance Agency
3431 NW 36th St – Oklahoma City, OK 73112 – (405) 947-6745 – View Map
- Freeland Insurance, LLC
6017 Shiloh Dr – Oklahoma City, OK 73179 – (405) 692-6106 – View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company such as State Farm or Allstate. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. They are well trained on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents partially due to loyalty to the company rather than having low rates.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Oklahoma City who can help you get price quote information.
- David Hoffhines – State Farm Insurance Agent
6444 Northwest Expy #450 – Oklahoma City, OK 73132 – (405) 787-1111 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Gerald Jeter
11723 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73170 – (405) 692-2411 – View Map
- Tom Woodward – State Farm Insurance Agent
4401 W Memorial Rd #115 – Oklahoma City, OK 73134 – (405) 755-5958 – View Map
Deciding on an insurance agency should depend on more than just a low price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Oklahoma City?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
Smart shoppers get results
Affordable Pontiac Solstice insurance in Oklahoma City is attainable from both online companies in addition to many Oklahoma City insurance agents, so you need to shop Oklahoma City car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not provide online quoting and many times these smaller companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as poor customer service, denial of a claim, unfair underwriting practices and not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason, switching insurance companies is easier than you think.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
How to buy discount Pontiac Solstice insurance in Oklahoma City
The preferred way to find cheaper prices for Pontiac Solstice insurance is to do an annual price comparison from companies in Oklahoma City.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like traffic violations and an imperfect credit history can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple companies. Find an Oklahoma City insurance agent
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new insurance company. Once the application is submitted, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to analyze as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Other learning opportunities
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Seniors in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Car Insurance Quotes for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Forester in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Toyota Camry in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)