Nobody that owns a car gets a kick out of paying for auto insurance, especially when they know they could find lower prices if they just compared rates.
Everyone knows that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Consumers who compare rates once a year will, in all likelihood, buy a new policy because there is a great chance of finding a lower rate. A study discovered that drivers who compared prices regularly saved approximately $865 annually compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the most affordable car insurance is your ultimate objective, then learning a little about how to quote and compare coverages can help you succeed in saving money.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Oklahoma City
The easiest way to get low-cost Honda Accord Hybrid insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers in Oklahoma City. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Try to learn a little about how your policy works and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as careless driving and a less-than-favorable credit score can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple companies. View rates
- Compare the new quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you find a better price, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a completed application for the new policy. Don’t forget to safely store the proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to try to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to analyze every company you can. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
Lots of insurance companies contend for your hard-earned dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every provider and get the best coverage at the cheapest price on Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Oklahoma City.
If you are insured now or are shopping for new coverage, you can follow these tips to get lower rates without having to cut coverage. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Oklahoma City is not rocket science. Comparison shoppers only need an understanding of the proper methods to compare company rates over the internet.
Cheapest Honda insurance rate quotes in Oklahoma City
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Oklahoma City, OK. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Verify you’re receiving every discount
Some companies don’t necessarily list all possible discounts very well, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common and the more hidden ways to save on insurance.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower premium rates.
- College Student – Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Oklahoma City and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Own a Home – Just owning your own home can earn you a little savings because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Paperwork-free – A few insurance companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy over the internet.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of up to 20% off your total Accord Hybrid insurance premium.
- Low Miles Discount – Maintaining low annual mileage could be rewarded with lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Employee of Federal Government – Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your insurance provider.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Completing a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Auto insurance companies that may have many of the previously listed discounts include:
If you are trying to find inexpensive Oklahoma City car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above might not apply in your state. If you would like to see a list of insurers with significant discounts in Oklahoma, click here.
You Can Change Your Insurance Costs
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that help calculate your insurance rates. When you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get cheaper rates. Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, although others are less obvious like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
Pay less after the wedding – Having a wife or husband may earn you lower rates on your insurance bill. Having a spouse translates into being more stable financially and insurance companies like that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Is your car, truck or SUV built for speed? – The performance of the car you need insurance for makes a big difference in your premium level. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Insurance rates and your employer – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Occupations such as military personnel, airline pilots, and medical professionals generally pay higher rates than the rest of us attributed to high stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, careers such as farmers, engineers and performers have lower than average premiums.
High coverage deductibles lower prices – Protection for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be a windshield shattered by a rock, vandalism, and rolling your vehicle. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define the amount you are required to spend in the event of a claim. The more money you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your insurance will be.
Vehicle options that cut prices – Selecting a car model with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your premiums. Theft deterrent systems such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help prevent car theft.
Honda Accord Hybrid claim probability – Insurers include the past claim trends for vehicles when setting premium costs. Models that the data determines to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have a higher premium rate. The table below shows the loss history for Honda Accord Hybrid vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles combined as an average is considered to be 100. Numbers under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentages above 100 point to more losses or larger claims.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Honda Accord Hybrid||96||80||98||89||76||84|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Different people need different auto insurance coverages
When it comes to buying a policy, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s needs are different and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Who is covered when they drive my Honda Accord Hybrid?
- Is my Honda Accord Hybrid covered for smoke damage?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Compare prices but work with a neighborhood Oklahoma City auto insurance agent
Some people prefer to go talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Good insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from local insurance agencies is important especially in Oklahoma City.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance data is transmitted to companies in Oklahoma City who can give free rate quotes for your car insurance coverage. You don’t have to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you can always search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Two types of auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to find local Oklahoma City agents, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agencies can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either can provide car insurance policies, but it’s worth learning how they differ since it can affect buying decisions.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not required to write business for one company so they can write business through many companies and find you the best rates. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When shopping rates, it’s a good idea to include a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
Shown below are independent agencies in Oklahoma City who can help you get rate quotes.
Exclusive agents generally can only insure with one company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Oklahoma City who can help you get price quotes.
Claire Faulkner-Truong – State Farm Insurance Agent
840 NW 50th St – Oklahoma City, OK 73118 – (405) 787-2626 – View Map
Ed Dater – State Farm Insurance Agent
6700 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73139 – (405) 634-0504 – View Map
Deciding on an insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Any agent in Oklahoma City should be forthright in answering these questions:
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- How long has the business existed?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
We just covered many ways to reduce Honda Accord Hybrid insurance auto insurance rates online in Oklahoma City. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the best auto insurance rates are with a small local company. Some small companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
The cheapest Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Oklahoma City is available both online in addition to many Oklahoma City insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies may not provide rate quotes online and many times these regional carriers work with independent agencies.
Steps to buying lower priced Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Oklahoma City
The best way we recommend to get budget Honda Accord Hybrid insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Oklahoma City. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: Learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher prices like tickets, at-fault accidents, and poor credit history can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One important bit of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get rates from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
To learn more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Oklahoma City Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Retired Military in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25 in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)