The easiest way to find cheaper prices for Saturn Sky insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers in Oklahoma City.
First, gain an understanding of coverages and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause high rates like accidents, traffic violations, and a bad credit rating can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details. Continue reading for additional ideas to help prevent high rates and get additional discounts.
Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Fourth, give notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment and signed policy application for your new coverage. Be sure to put the proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you enter identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to compare every insurance company. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price quote selection.
We don’t have to tell you that insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Drivers who shop around once a year are very likely to move their business because of the good chance of finding a more affordable policy. A study showed that consumers who routinely compared rates saved on average $72 a month compared to people who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest rates on car insurance in Oklahoma City is your intention, then having a grasp of the best way to compare insurance premiums can help you succeed in saving money.
The providers in the list below provide free rate quotes in Oklahoma. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need quality insurance for your Sky
Despite the high insurance cost for a Saturn Sky in Oklahoma City, insuring your vehicle is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to be legal. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Saturn Sky, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Saturn for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your Saturn and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in Oklahoma is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Don’t overlook these ten Saturn Sky insurance discounts
Companies don’t always publicize every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we researched a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden ways to save on car insurance.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car instead of a used Sky is cheaper because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Oklahoma City Homeowners Discount – Just being a homeowner can help you save on car insurance because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying in monthly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some companies give a small discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Paperless Signup – Some of the larger companies will give a small break just for signing your application on the web.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage could earn substantially lower prices.
- Claim-Free Discount – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you combine your home and auto policies and place coverage with the same company you will save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Have your child complete a driver education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride. Any amount of discount will cut your policy cost.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include federal employee, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, good student, and five-year accident-free.
- USAA has discounts for defensive driver, good student, vehicle storage, multi-vehicle, safe driver, and loyalty savings.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and good student.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, accident-free, and Steer into Savings.
- Esurance may include discounts for online shopper, paid-in-full, anti-theft, DriveSense, safety device, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for distant student, switch companies, mature driver, bundle discounts, electronic funds transfer, and early shopping.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, good student, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, and student away at school.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent which discounts they offer. A few discounts might not apply everywhere. To see insurers that offer many of these discounts in Oklahoma, click this link.
It’s not one size fits all
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if you will benefit from professional help.
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.