Do you want to save money by finding more affordable auto insurance rates in Oklahoma City, OK? Oklahoma City buyers have many options when searching for the lowest priced Lincoln LS insurance. They can either spend hours calling around to get rate comparisons or utilize the internet to get rate quotes. There is a better way to find auto insurance online so we’re going to tell you the proper way to price shop coverage for a Lincoln and obtain the lowest price from Oklahoma City insurance agents and online providers.
Lowering your Lincoln LS car insurance rates is not rocket science. All you need to do is invest a little time getting comparison quotes from different insurance companies.
The companies in the list below offer free quotes in Oklahoma City, OK. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Lincoln LS insurance in Oklahoma City
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but companies offer discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain reductions will be credited when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- Student Discounts – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not really a discount, but companies like GEICO and Allstate will forgive one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Own a Home – Owning a house in Oklahoma City may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Driver’s Ed – Teen drivers should successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower prices.
- College Student – College-age children who are attending college and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a defensive driver course could save 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Bundle and Save – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance and place coverage with the same company you may earn nearly 15% which can help you find affordable Lincoln LS insurance rates in Oklahoma City.
- Paperwork-free – Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 for completing your application digitally online.
As a footnote on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. But all discounts will help reduce the cost of coverage.
A list of companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO discounts include driver training, air bags, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, military active duty, and emergency military deployment.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for good student, payment discounts, multi-car, student away at school, hybrid/electric vehicle, multi-policy, and home ownership.
- Nationwide includes discounts for multi-policy, defensive driving, business or organization, accident-free, family plan, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including youthful driver, mature driver, teen driver, electronic funds transfer, good student, and switch companies.
- Esurance may have discounts that include defensive driver, online shopper, multi-car, Pac-12 alumni, good driver, Switch & Save, and good student.
- State Farm offers discounts for good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, driver’s education, and good student.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for multi-car, annual mileage, good student, good driver, location of vehicle, and multi-policy.
If you want the cheapest Lincoln LS rate quotes, ask every prospective company to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in your state. To locate providers with discount rates in Oklahoma City, click here.
How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
Many things are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but some are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating. The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the things that help calculate your car insurance rates. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get big savings.
The list below includes just a few of the factors used by companies to determine premiums.
- Save money by eliminating extra policy coverages – Policies have extra coverages that can add up if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, accidental death, and extra life insurance coverage may be costing you every month. You may think they are a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but your needs may have changed so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Does car insurance cost more for males? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that females are better at driving than males. Both genders get in fender benders at a similar rate, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Not only that, but men also get more serious tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Consider raising coverage deductibles – Physical damage protection, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some instances where coverage would apply are running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and damage caused by flying debris. Deductibles for physical damage state the amount of money you are willing to pay before your car insurance pays a claim. The more damage repair cost the insured is willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Older drivers pay less – Beginning drivers in Oklahoma are proven to be inattentive when driving so car insurance rates are higher. Adding a inexperienced driver onto your car insurance will cause a huge premium hike. More mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.
What if I want to buy from local Oklahoma City auto insurance agents?
Some people still like to visit with an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
After completing this quick form, your information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered directly to you. If you wish to compare rates from a particular provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
When researching a local agent, you should know the different types of agencies that you can choose from. Agencies in Oklahoma City are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types of agents can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s good to learn the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the prominent brand name instead of buying on price only.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Oklahoma City that are able to give price quote information.
- Chuck Davis – State Farm Insurance Agent
9315 S Pennsylvania Ave b – Oklahoma City, OK 73159 – (405) 378-8008 – View Map
- Tom Woodward – State Farm Insurance Agent
4401 W Memorial Rd #115 – Oklahoma City, OK 73134 – (405) 755-5958 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
6218 Northwest Expy – Oklahoma City, OK 73132 – (405) 384-1518 – View Map
These agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can quote policies amongst many companies and find you the best rates. If you want to switch companies, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, we highly recommend that you include rate quotes from independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most independent agents also contract with smaller mutual companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Below are independent insurance agents in Oklahoma City willing to provide rate quotes.
- Professional Insurors Agency, LLC
7301 Broadway Ext – Oklahoma City, OK 73116 – (405) 843-9191 – View Map
- Anderson Insurance
10325 Greenbriar Pl – Oklahoma City, OK 73159 – (405) 794-9500 – View Map
- Copeland Insurance
5002 S Anderson Rd – Oklahoma City, OK 73150 – (405) 737-6231 – View Map
Be persistent and save
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, poor customer service, not issuing a premium refund and even denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to get a better price on Lincoln LS insurance in Oklahoma City. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest car insurance rates come from a small local company.
Cost effective Lincoln LS insurance is definitely available on the web and also from your neighborhood Oklahoma City agents, so you need to shop Oklahoma City car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies do not provide online quoting and most of the time these smaller providers work with local independent agents.
How to find cheaper quotes for Lincoln LS insurance in Oklahoma City
The easiest way to find affordable quotes for Lincoln LS insurance is to compare prices annually from providers that sell auto insurance in Oklahoma City. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
First, spend some time learning about how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as your driving record and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, give notification to your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current policy and submit payment and a signed application to your new carrier. When you receive it, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
An important bit of advice to remember is to use similar coverage information on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This enables a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Car Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Oklahoma? (FAQ)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)