It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get affordable Kia K900 insurance is to compare quotes once a year from insurance carriers in Oklahoma City. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of what coverages are included in your policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as careless driving and a poor credit rating can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on K900 insurance in Oklahoma City. If you find better rates, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a signed application and payment to the new company. Once the paperwork is finalized, safely store the proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A valuable tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Everyone knows that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. People who shop around for cheaper price quotes are very likely to buy a new policy because the odds are good of finding a lower-priced company. A recent survey found that drivers who routinely shopped around saved approximately $3,500 over four years compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding budget-friendly rates on car insurance is your goal, understanding the best way to shop and compare car insurance can help simplify the process.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Oklahoma City is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. If you’re already insured, you will most likely be able to lower your rates using the concepts you’re about to learn. Shoppers just have to use the best way to quote multiple rates from many different companies online.
The method we recommend to compare car insurance company rates for Kia K900 insurance in Oklahoma City is to take advantage of the fact most insurance companies participate in online systems to give you rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide a little information including deductibles desired, how much education you have, whether or not you need a SR-22, and how many miles driven. That information is submitted instantly to many highly-rated insurers and you will receive price estimates immediately.
To compare lower-cost Kia K900 insurance rates now, click here and enter your zip code.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer quotes in Oklahoma. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Kia K900 in Oklahoma City, buying insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability if you want to drive legally. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Kia, it’s most likely the lender will require you to have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Kia at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your Kia and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Kia as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays more than $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to ensure rates are inline.
Insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list every discount available very clearly, so the list below details some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that may be available.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks with the same insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Online Discount – Many larger companies will give a small break simply for signing digitally online.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Smart Student Discounts – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Own a Home and Save – Just owning your own home may trigger a policy discount on insurance because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Early Signing – A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching policies before your current coverage expires. This can save 10% or more.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But any discount will lower your insurance premiums.
Popular insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- State Farm may include discounts for safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, multiple policy, and good driver.
- Esurance includes discounts for good student, online shopper, anti-theft, renters, anti-lock brakes, and DriveSense.
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for multi-car, exclusive group savings, teen driver discount, new move discount, and multi-policy.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for good student, mature driver, multiple vehicles, group or association, and paperless.
- GEICO may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, anti-theft, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, and seat belt use.
If you want the cheapest Kia K900 rate quotes, ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Some credits might not be offered on policies everywhere. For a list of insurance companies with the best discounts in Oklahoma, click here.
When should I have guidance from an agent?
Many drivers would rather sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a smart move Professional insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you may find cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information is sent to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you want to compare prices for a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing a insurer needs to be determined by more than just the price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Oklahoma City?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Oklahoma City?
If you want an insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they function. Auto insurance policy providers are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both can do a good job, but we need to point out the differences since it can impact which type of agent you select.
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Oklahoma City willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Shelter Insurance – Paul Michael
8320 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73139 – (405) 632-2751 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Eva Herrera
2519 NW 23rd St #140 – Oklahoma City, OK 73107 – (405) 301-8162 – View Map
- Ken Shelton – State Farm Insurance Agent
10901 S Western Ave a – Oklahoma City, OK 73170 – (405) 378-0407 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are appointed with more than one company so they can quote policies through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you compare quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with mutual insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Oklahoma City who can help you get price quotes.
- Copeland Insurance
5002 S Anderson Rd – Oklahoma City, OK 73150 – (405) 737-6231 – View Map
- Anderson Insurance
10325 Greenbriar Pl – Oklahoma City, OK 73159 – (405) 794-9500 – View Map
- Knight’s Insurance Agency
3825 NW 23rd St – Oklahoma City, OK 73107 – (405) 946-0111 – View Map
Auto insurance companies ranked
Finding a high-quality insurance company can be a challenge considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Oklahoma City. The company rank data shown below may help you choose which car insurance providers you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Oklahoma City Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Car insurance policy specifics
Understanding the coverages of your policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things such as rolling your car, scraping a guard rail, colliding with a tree, damaging your car on a curb and hitting a parking meter. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible on your K900 in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Kia K900.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits (25/50/25), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as hitting a deer, damage from getting keyed, rock chips in glass and hail damage. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Insurance for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for expenses like prosthetic devices, chiropractic care and hospital visits. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability insurance will cover damage that occurs to a person or their property. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show values of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, attorney fees, emergency aid and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but buy as large an amount as possible. Oklahoma requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/25 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The illustration below shows why buying the state minimum limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
Cheaper Kia K900 insurance in Oklahoma City is attainable both online as well as from independent agents in Oklahoma City, so you should compare both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not provide online rate quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent insurance agents.
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, high prices, being labeled a high risk driver or not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right insurance provider is easier than you think.
We just showed you many ideas to find cheaper Kia K900 insurance in Oklahoma City. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Oklahoma City car insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
More detailed insurance information can be found at these sites:
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Nurses in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Oklahoma City Auto Insurance for Good Students? (FAQ)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)