It's easy to assume that insurance companies don't want you to look at other companies. People who shop around annually will presumably switch to a new company because the odds are good of finding better rates. A recent study showed that people who compared rate quotes regularly saved an average of $860 a year as compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the lowest price for Acura ILX insurance in Oklahoma City is your intention, then understanding the best way to shop and compare cheaper coverage can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get discount auto insurance rates in Oklahoma City is to compare prices annually from insurers that sell auto insurance in Oklahoma. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how auto insurance works and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an imperfect credit score can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article provides additional ideas to help keep prices low and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for many different companies. View rates
- Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Notify your current company to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a completed application to your new insurance company. As soon as you can, place the new proof of insurance paperwork in your glove compartment.
The most important part of shopping around is that you'll want to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
The following companies provide price quotes in Oklahoma. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Cheaper Oklahoma City insurance rates with discounts
Buying insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help offset the cost. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you get a quote, but some must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Drivers who insure multiple vehicles on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- Federal Government Employee - Federal government employees may reduce rates when you quote Oklahoma City car insurance depending on your insurance provider.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can save substantially compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- 55 and Retired - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get a discount up to 10%.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
A list of insurance companies and the discounts they provide include:
- State Farm may offer discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver's education, student away at school, good driver, anti-theft, and passive restraint.
- Progressive has savings for multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- Travelers discounts include driver training, multi-policy, good student, early quote, new car, and save driver.
- American Family has discounts for air bags, accident-free, TimeAway discount, defensive driver, bundled insurance, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for newly married, multi-policy, new move discount, newly retired, and good student.
If you need the cheapest Acura ILX rate quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Savings might not apply in Oklahoma City. To see insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Oklahoma City, click here.
When to contact an insurance agency
Many people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that is just fine! Good agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheaper rates and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance data is sent to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your coverage. You won't need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good insurance company shouldn't rely on just a low price. Any agent in Oklahoma City should be willing to answer these questions.
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Is coverage determined by price?
Two types of auto insurance agents
If you need to find a reliable agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Agencies in Oklahoma City can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both can insure your vehicles, but it's worth mentioning how they are different because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with and examples are Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company's rates so keep that in mind. They are usually well trained on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Oklahoma City willing to provide price quote information.
- Mike Earles - State Farm Insurance Agent
12220 S Western Ave - Oklahoma City, OK 73170 - (405) 691-1115 - View Map
- Matt Pryor - State Farm Insurance Agent
2229 NW 138th St d - Oklahoma City, OK 73134 - (405) 749-8100 - View Map
- Jerry Black - State Farm Insurance Agent
12325 N May Ave #117 - Oklahoma City, OK 73120 - (405) 751-1860 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent do not work for one specific company so they can quote policies through many different car insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don't have to find a new agent. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, it's recommended you get quotes from independent agents for maximum quote selection. A lot of them also have access to companies you've never heard of which could offer lower prices.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Oklahoma City that can give you price quote information.
- Action Plus Insurance Agency
9005 S May Ave - Oklahoma City, OK 73159 - (405) 631-9009 - View Map
- Russ Warren Insurance Agency
3431 NW 36th St - Oklahoma City, OK 73112 - (405) 947-6745 - View Map
- Centennial Insurance Group, Inc.
2814 W Britton Rd - Oklahoma City, OK 73120 - (405) 286-4179 - View Map
What is the best car insurance coverage?
Always remember that when buying proper insurance coverage, there isn't really a cookie cutter policy. You are unique and your car insurance should be unique as well. For example, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- What are good deductibles for a Acura ILX?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- When can I cancel my policy?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
You Can Change Your Insurance Premiums
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you lower premium levels. Many different elements are used when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but some are more transparent such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
Listed below are just a few of the factors used by companies to determine your prices.
Youthful vs. older drivers - Beginning drivers in Oklahoma have been known to be inattentive and easily distracted in a vehicle so they pay higher car insurance rates. More mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cost insurance companies less in claims, and usually have better credit.
City dwellers may pay more - Being located in less populated areas has definite advantages when shopping for auto insurance. Residents of big cities regularly have more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. Fewer people means fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
The type of car makes a difference - The performance level of the vehicle you need to insure makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. Small economy passenger models usually have the lowest premiums, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Men pay higher costs - Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. This data doesn't prove that males are worse at driving than females. Both sexes cause fender benders at a similar rate, but the men get into accidents with more damage. Men also receive more major tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
Companies want multiple policies - The majority of insurance companies afford lower prices to customers who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to comparison shop to help guarantee you have the best rates.
Claims statistics for an Acura ILX - Insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that the statistics show to have increased losses will have a higher premium rate.
The next table illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Acura ILX vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is represented as 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the potentially high cost of Acura ILX insurance, paying for car insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Acura ILX has a loan, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Acura at a more expensive rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Acura ILX. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Acura as the result of the weather or an accident, your car insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is wasting up to $850 per year so it's very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Don't give up on cheaper coverage
Discount Acura ILX insurance in Oklahoma City is available both online and also from your neighborhood Oklahoma City agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies do not offer rate quotes online and these smaller providers work with independent agents.
While you're price shopping online, it's a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Real Estate Agents in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- How Much are Oklahoma City Car Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)