We don’t have to point out that fact that insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Drivers who rate shop once a year are likely to buy a new policy because there is a good probability of finding more affordable rates. A study discovered that consumers who make a habit of shopping around saved over $72 a month compared to people who never compared prices.
If finding the best price on car insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then having a grasp of how to quote prices and compare car insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find the cheapest price for Volkswagen Eos insurance is to compare prices once a year from insurers who can sell car insurance in Oklahoma City. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Read and learn about how companies set rates and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a negative credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for the details to get low prices and find overlooked discounts.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies. Select a company
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Tell your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new coverage. As soon as you have the new policy, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One bit of advice is to try to use the same amount of coverage on every price quote and to quote with every insurance company. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and the best price quote selection.
Do you qualify for discounts on Volkswagen Eos insurance in Oklahoma City?
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list every possible discount very well, so we researched some of the more common and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or retired federal employment may reduce rates when you quote Oklahoma City auto insurance but check with your company.
- Own a Home and Save – Just owning your own home may trigger a policy discount on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Participating in a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of 20% or more.
- Club Memberships – Being in a qualifying organization could trigger savings on your bill.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles can earn substantially lower premium rates.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Volkswagen Eos premium costs with and without discounts. The information is based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Oklahoma state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, marriage, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
The best car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, military active duty, emergency military deployment, driver training, and good student.
- MetLife discounts include defensive driver, claim-free, multi-policy, good driver, and good student.
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- Travelers offers discounts including multi-policy, IntelliDrive, continuous insurance, home ownership, save driver, driver training, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- SAFECO may include discounts for anti-theft, multi-car, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, and teen safety rewards.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, good student, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, and multi-car.
If you want inexpensive Oklahoma City auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere. To choose companies that offer the discounts shown above in Oklahoma City, click here.
Most major insurance companies allow you to get prices on the web. Doing online quotes for Volkswagen Eos insurance in Oklahoma City is fairly straightforward as all you need to do is type in your personal and coverage information into a form. Upon sending the form, the system gets your driving and credit reports and provides a quote based on these factors. This makes comparing rates easy, and it’s necessary to perform this step in order to find the most affordable premium.
If you want to use this form to compare rates, compare rates from the companies below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you replicate the insurance coverages just like they are on your policy. This way, you will get a rate comparison based on identical coverages.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Oklahoma. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
Rates and other information
The rate table displayed next showcases different prices for Volkswagen Eos models. Knowing how rate quotes are formulated helps drivers make smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|EOS Komfort Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$340||$698||$430||$26||$128||$1,622||$135|
|EOS Luxury Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$340||$698||$430||$26||$128||$1,622||$135|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Oklahoma minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can lower or raise rates significantly.
The illustration below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can increase or decrease Volkswagen Eos yearly insurance costs for different age groups. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Driving violations and accidents
The example below illustrates how speeding tickets and fender-benders can raise Volkswagen Eos annual premium costs for different age groups. The premiums assume a married female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Comparison of auto insurance rates by gender
The information below illustrates the difference between Volkswagen Eos insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no violations or accidents, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage?
The information below illustrates the comparison of Volkswagen Eos insurance costs with and without full coverage. The data is based on no violations or accidents, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no definitive rule to stop paying for physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Volkswagen Eos replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying in excess of $700 annually for full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some situations where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agents
Some consumers prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is a personal choice. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from local agents is important particularly in Oklahoma City.
By using this simple form, your insurance data is sent to companies in Oklahoma City that can provide free Oklahoma City auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to even leave your home because prices are sent immediately to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to quote rates from one company in particular, just jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
When finding a local Oklahoma City insurance agent, there are two different types of agents and how they function. Agents can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent agents are not employed by one company so as a result can place your coverage through many companies and get you the best rates possible. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage which is easy for the insured.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will definitely want to compare quotes from independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Shown below are Oklahoma City independent agencies that may be able to give you free auto insurance rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Oklahoma City who can help you get comparison quotes.
Marcia Corcoran – State Farm Insurance Agent
3135 NW 63rd St b – Oklahoma City, OK 73116 – (405) 848-8878 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
After you get positive feedback to all your questions and locked in a price quote, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that meets the requirements to provide auto insurance coverage.
Three good reasons to insure your Eos
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Oklahoma City, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your car with a loan, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Volkswagen for a much higher rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance preserves both your Volkswagen Eos and your assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Volkswagen as the result of the weather or an accident, your insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays as much as $820 a year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Insurance coverage options for a Volkswagen Eos
Understanding the coverages of insurance helps when choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find typical coverages available from insurance companies.
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Eos caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims like crashing into a ditch, sustaining damage from a pot hole, damaging your car on a curb, colliding with another moving vehicle and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your Eos in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for immediate expenses such as surgery, funeral costs, chiropractic care and hospital visits. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers you and your occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Volkswagen Eos.
Since many Oklahoma drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (Oklahoma limits are 25/50/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Frequently these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, falling objects, a broken windshield, vandalism and hitting a bird. The most your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability insurance can cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/25 that means you have a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against claims like legal defense fees, medical expenses and funeral expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. Oklahoma requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/25 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be enough coverage.
Compare auto insurance prices regularly to save
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to save on Volkswagen Eos insurance in Oklahoma City. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Oklahoma City auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Additional information is available below:
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Seniors in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Oklahoma City Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Car Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- How Much is Oklahoma City Car Insurance for Veterans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Oklahoma City Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Active Military in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)