Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that the vast majority of consumers have been with the same company for at least four years, and almost half have never compared rates from other carriers. Many drivers in Oklahoma City could save an average of approximately $550 each year by just comparing quotes, but they won’t spend time to compare other rate quotes.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find lower priced Kia Soul EV insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Oklahoma City. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Read and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an imperfect credit score can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article provides ideas to help find cheaper rates and earn larger discounts.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. View companies
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy to determine if you can save on Soul EV insurance in Oklahoma City. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit payment and a completed application to your new company or agent. Make sure you place your new certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
The key thing to remember is to use identical coverage information on each quote request and and to get rates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
If you have a policy now or are shopping for new coverage, you can follow these tips to find the best rates and possibly find even better coverage. The intent of this article is to let you in on the best ways to compare prices and also pocket some savings Consumers only have to learn the least time-consuming way to quote multiple rates using one simple form.
Low cost Oklahoma City Kia Soul EV insurance quotes online
Finding low cost Kia Soul EV insurance rates is actually quite simple. Consumers just need to take time comparing free Oklahoma City auto insurance quotes to see which company has low cost Oklahoma City auto insurance quotes.
The providers in the list below provide price quotes in Oklahoma City, OK. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
Here’s why car insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, buying car insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Oklahoma these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Soul EV, most banks will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Kia for a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also cover many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Oklahoma City is overpaying over $850 per year so you should quote rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Affordable rates on Kia Soul EV insurance in Oklahoma City with these six car insurance discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may find discounts that you may not even be aware of. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of quoting, but a few need to be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower premium rates if you buy a life policy as well.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Seniors can get a discount up to 10%.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home can help you save on car insurance because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance and insure them with the same company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking time to complete a course teaching defensive driver skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Early Switch Discount – Select car insurance companies give a discount for signing up before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Some companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts include:
If you need affordable Kia Soul EV insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in Oklahoma City. To locate companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Oklahoma City, follow this link.
Insurance quotes from local neighborhood Oklahoma City car insurance agents
Certain consumers prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is not a bad decision Professional agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this simple form, the quote information is sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an provider should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Oklahoma City?
Listed below are agents in Oklahoma City that may be willing to give price quotes for Kia Soul EV insurance in Oklahoma City.
- Ed Dater – State Farm Insurance Agent
6700 S Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73139 – (405) 634-0504 – View Map
- Bigbie, Hensley and Janway Insurance Agency
5532 N Western Ave – Oklahoma City, OK 73118 – (405) 235-0036 – View Map
- Professional Insurors Agency, LLC
7301 Broadway Ext – Oklahoma City, OK 73116 – (405) 843-9191 – View Map
- David Hoffhines – State Farm Insurance Agent
6444 Northwest Expy #450 – Oklahoma City, OK 73132 – (405) 787-1111 – View Map
Upon getting satisfactory answers to any questions you may have and a good coverage price, most likely you have located an insurance company that can be trusted to properly insure your vehicles.
The coverage is in the details
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (25/50/25 in Oklahoma), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Coverage for collisions
This will pay to fix damage to your Soul EV resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims like colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail and hitting a parking meter. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your Soul EV in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability car insurance
This coverage will cover damage that occurs to a person or their property in an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see values of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage pays for things like medical expenses, structural damage, bail bonds, court costs and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but buy as much as you can afford. Oklahoma requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/25 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
The chart below demonstrates why the minimum limit may not provide you with enough coverage.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like damage from flooding, vandalism and hitting a deer. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for nursing services, hospital visits, prosthetic devices and surgery. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Cheaper auto insurance rates are out there
We just covered a lot of information how to compare Kia Soul EV insurance prices in Oklahoma City. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from the smaller companies.
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, high prices, not issuing a premium refund and questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new auto insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Affordable Kia Soul EV insurance in Oklahoma City is possible both online and also from your neighborhood Oklahoma City agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers may not provide price quotes online and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent agencies.
To read more, link through to the articles below:
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Oklahoma City Auto Insurance for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Honda Accord in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- How Much is Oklahoma City Car Insurance for Veterans? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Oklahoma City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Oklahoma City Auto Insurance for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Oklahoma City Auto Insurance for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)